Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

The Surprise Of Her Life

Author’s POV

“Well, not exactly”, Kakashi explained, “Today is actually a little bit different. I won’t be able to be with you today during training”.

“Why not?” Naruto seemed puzzled.

“Lord Hokage needs me today for something important, it’s actually an emergency”, he said. No one ever said that it was going to be easy as a ninja. “So what I want you guys to do today is to guide Yumi through training and all the drills we’ve been through. You can treat yourself to some ramen after that”, he said giving each one of them some money.

Well that was generous, thought Yumi.

“Thank you”, Yumi bowed her head. The others thanked Kakashi as well.

“Okay then, I’ll see you tomorrow at 8. The usual spot”, said Kakashi before he poofed.

“That was weird”, said Naruto.

“Tell me about it”, Sakura wrinkled her nose. “Oh well, let's just get started”.

Yumi’s POV

I had a pretty good idea what Kakashi meant by emergency. I never knew that going back here would cause such a fuss. I mean, I already feel like a burden to everyone. Now I’m causing an emergency? There’s always been this problem about fitting in. I wasn’t really sure if I’d keep experiencing it. Especially since I’ve been abandoned by almost everyone. Well, not exactly abandoned but I’ve never really lived a family. Like, I can’t even remember my own parents. I’ve only seen photos and heard stories from my older sister; Sara but I’ve never really lived with them. Sara was the only family I’ve ever had. And even that didn’t last. They said Sara died along with her team while on an A-ranked mission to some village. The locals reported something suspicious to their leader because they thought they were undercover assassins. They were imprisoned and probably killed, if not fossilized. So I’m pretty much on my own here. Always have been, always will be. This was the primary reason why I ran away to the Sound village. My parents’ other home. There I found him. The man who saved my life, if I say so myself. Lord Orochimaru.

I found comfort. I found safety. I found home. He was like a father to me. He protected me, he taught me. And he probably even loved me. Like a daughter for all you sick minds out there. That is what I felt with him. But now I doubt any of that crap was actually real. But there’s one thing you should know, he was a great teacher. With the most twisted intentions. Naïve little me never doubted a thing. He was family to me when my kinfolk died. He meant the world to me. Until a week ago when the truth came by. Everything became crystal clear to me. Or maybe it became a lie to me. By then, I knew nothing is real. Nothing.

Meanwhile, Kakashi’s POV

I orbed to Lord Hokage’s building. I knocked on his office door and heard the familiar ‘Enter’. I walked in and bowed. “You wanted to see me, Lord Hokage”, I said humbly.

“Yes, Kakashi. It seems we have another visitor to the village”, said Hokage as he turned from the glass window wall.

“Another visitor?” I raised an eyebrow.

“It’s.. Yumi’s older sister; Sara. She’s back”, he crossed his arms. “I must say it is an unusual coincidence that they’re both back around the same time, but that is what happened”.

“I thought she was killed”, I looked at the extremely long trees that covered the view from the Hokage’s office.

“That’s what everyone thought.. They were held captive”, the Hokage looked at me.

“For all these years?” I was stumped.

“It appears so. There wasn’t an explanation for the loss of contact, but they were released and given 48 hours to leave”, he explained. “I want you to go there and see if she needs anything”.

The things I do for you Lord Hokage. “Of course”.

“You may go”.

Sara Kyoro? It’s been a long time. She was more than just a friend to me. I’ve always had feelings for her. Deep. I was literally crushed when she “died”. But, it wasn’t. And Yumi.. She will be in for the surprise of her life…
♠ ♠ ♠
The new chapter 4. Hopefully better than the original amateur 13 year old version.
I know it's been like 2 years since a new chapter was made AND a year since the reconstruction but there's been a lot going on with my life and I had to deal before going back to writing.

Well there it is. Hopefully it's entertaining.

Peace <3
-Jayda