Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

Innocent Confessions

Yumi's POV

Next fight… it was Naruto vs. Kiba… We were all watching the battle very carefully. It was one of Kimura's team vs. one of mine after all. And surprisingly, Naruto won!

Next it was Hyuga Hinata vs. Hyuga Neji. I sorta figured they were related… but the fight was too brutal for the girl. I felt like it was too hard for her. Naruto was cheering Hinata on, I mean it's so obvious she had a crush on him big time. Sadly, she lost… The guy never gave her a chance, she had some sort of cardiac arrest and Neji still wanted to beat the crap outta her. As if she wasn't suffering enough! He totally has no heart… at all.

So, yeah the heartless won and the sympathetic who wasn't his match lost with the heart attack. Fair world. The people left were Shikamaru, Choji, Lee, Gaara, Gaara's teammate with the freaky face paint, Kin and Dosu from the Sound team, Shii, Zane, Nora and Lukashi . Hmmm, I wonder…

Author's POV
So after the Hyuga match, the names started shuffling and Kankuro walked forward to Naruto. Yumi looked suspiciously at him.

"Hey…" he started.

"Uh, hi", Naruto replied.

"So, what's that Neji guy's story?" He asked.

Yumi joined in, "And you care about this because…"

"I'm gonna pulverize him, that's his story!" Naruto said with his fist in the air.

Yumi snorted. "You know what Naruto; I think you might just have the chance".

"Seriously?" His eyes glowed.

"Uh huh", she looked back at the screen.

"You know what kid, I like you", said Kankuro to Naruto.

"Well don't get me wrong but I don't like you!" Naruto replied as they were both face to face.

"Hehe, I don't like you either but I do like the red headed guy with you", Yumi thought.

"Oooh, a confession!" Kimura said out loud.

"Oh crap, you heard me".

They were cut by the next match; Nara Shikamaru vs. Tsuchi Kin. As the battle started, Kimura looked at Yumi when she was focused since she already knew the Sound team and
she kept glaring at Dosu.

Kimura's POV

I noticed that Gaara was glancing at Yumi throughout the past matches. Yumi didn't see it of course, I know her; she doesn't want to have the attention on her and Gaara's aim is to glance and stare without being seen. They are so into each other, maybe I could heat things up.

"You know… that Shikamaru guy is kinda cute", I said.

"Well sort of, he pisses me off sometimes", said Yumi.

"I don't know, I think he likes you. You know; people who can't stand each other end up liking each other", I said a bit loud. Then, I tilted my head a little to see the reaction on Gaara. He glared at me. Yeah, things are heating up.

"Why are you saying that out loud?" Yumi asked.

"I don't think Gaara likes you, he hardly ever pays attention to you", I said.

"I know that but I don't have any feelings for anybody right now. I can't be talked into liking someone I don't like", she said.

Well, that went well. At least now Gaara is jealous and will like Yumi even more. And Yumi is so gonna try to get his attention secretly.

"Yumi… I was kidding, Gaara's been staring at you all the time", I said quietly.

Yumi's POV

A feeling of happiness and shock overwhelmed me. Then, I stiffened up.

"How do you know he was staring because he likes me? Maybe he was just looking at me because I ran out during out match", I said trying to hide the excitement.

"You and your hypocrisy", said Kimura. "Don't worry, I'll help you".

" But I'm serious. You know Gaara gives people these 'looks'? Maybe he was doing that, " I suggested with a shrug.

Kimura tilted her head, then cleared her throat. Here she goes again. How suprising can a girl like her be so normal one minute, then the next be so dead serious and silent?

"If Shikamaru isn't your type, how about Lee?" she advised so Gaara could over hear.

"Hell no! He belongs to you!"

I could see him giving death glares. Shiver...

I'll Give this a lil' break. I heard Kimura think.

One word. Payback.

"So you think Len's f-ing hot?" I exclaimed.

"What?!" Kimura flinched.

Len spun around. "What? You said something, Yumi?"

Kimura's face turned rose pink. Len smiled at her.

"Hey, Kimu," he said.

Ooohhh. He gave her a cute nickname.

Kimura's Point Of View

Oh. My. Gawd. YUMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cooled down my face and grinned. "Len!"

I bent forward to whisper threatingly in Yumi's ear. "Dead meat after the Chunin Exams. I will pound you!"

"Nope, I didn't, " Yumi replied to Len.

Heh heh. Payback. Yumi's voice echoed.

"Oh, I could've sworn...", he put his hand behind his head. "Ehehe."

I laughed slightly. "Hm, how old are you Len?"

Okay. Well random question. I just need to get the subject changed.

"I'm going on fifteen. So that makes me fourteen, " he said smugly. " And you?"

"T-thirteen," I mumbled. "Gimme two months. I'll catch up."

Len laughed. " You should call me with the title 'san' ."

"No way, you wish."

"Len-kun, Lukashi has to tell you something, " Shii said softly, wrapping her arm around his.

Liar.

"Oh! Really?" he said, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Come on. He says it's important, " she insisted.

Len gave a small smile at me. " Sorry, I guess I'll see you later..if I do. But if I don't, good luck."

"Yeah, you too."

Shii pulled him away to the other side, far from us...far from me.

"That bitch!" Yumi snarled. "Liar!"

"Calm down, " I assured. "It's nothing."
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyo! I had time to add some to chapter 42. If I have more time later on, I can add some more or Kamai could just add as well. I didn't have enough time to get to the interesting parts :(
-Jayda (The Freak That I Am)

UPDATE: May I thank Buddha.! I finally finished my part of this chapter.
xoxo,
Cameron a.k.a. Kamai