Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

Breaking Barriers

Kimura’s POV

I didn’t know whether to be depressed that Sasuke’s staying in the hospital for one more week or that my curse mark; that I have no idea what it is, is life-threatening. Still, Kakashi will help me somehow to seal it or whatever. Kakashi and the Perv were already waiting for us at the training field.

“Hey Pervert… and fan of the Pervert, I mean Kakashi sensei”, Yumi teased with a mocking sweet smile.

“Oh, Yumi. I see you gained Naruto’s sense of humor”, said Kakashi in a cool sarcastic manner. He cleared his throat and closed his book. “You must be Uchiha Kimura”, he pointed at me. “Master Jiraya has told me about you”.

“As nasty as his mind, I presume?” I folded my arms, glaring at Jiraya.

Jiraiya cleared his throat as well. “Kakashi has helped Sasuke seal his cursemark. So, we want to seal yours as well before it gets out of control”.

“First, let me see the curse mark”, said Kakashi. I lifted my hair and showed him the cursemark. He put his hand on it.

“Oh… This is the Kurobara* cursemark”, he finally said. “One of the deadliest cursemarks, if it gets out of control. We should seal it right away”.

Kakashi started doing some hand signs and bluish green aura surrounded his hand. He aimed his hand at me and yelled “Kurobara Seal!”. There was pain and everything started to spin. I fell to the ground and blacked out.

Yumi’s POV

“Is she gonna be fine?” I asked worriedly.

“Don’t worry, she just needs some rest”, said Kakashi.

Jiraiya offered to carry her but I stepped on his foot and told him that me and Kakashi would take it from there. There was no way I would let that pervert mess around in a time like this. Then the news struck me, Kimura had to stay in hospital for a day. The seal takes time to get into effect, like 24 hours. Anyways, this gives Kimura a chance to see Sasuke again later on.

Next Day

Kimura’s POV

I slowly began to open my eyes. Ouch, my head hurt. I looked around to figure out where in the world was I. The place looked familiar. I’m in the hospital, aren’t I? Suddenly, the door opened and a familiar figure walked in; Yumi.

“How’s my strong pal doing today?” She smiled and hugged me.

“Alright, got a little headache but I’m alright”.

“Kakashi said you can get out of hospital today”, she said.

“Good. No one wants to stay in the hospital for a long time. And I want to see Sasuke”, I said as I got out from bed. Suddenly, Len entered worriedly.

“Kimu, I’ve been worried sick about you”, he rushed in and hugged me.

“Don’t worry I’m fine”, I smiled, blushing. “I---uh. It’s no big deal. I’m fine now. Nothing to worry about.”

He smiled. “Good. Now I can relax.”

“Okay, love doves. Let’s get out of here,” Yumi said a bit impatiently. “The hospital always gives me a bad feeling. Ngh.”

I nodded, “Okay,” then looked down at my white pants and T-shirt. “This is okay…to wear? In public?? Can I please change?”

“No worries. I’ve brought fresh new clothes from your closet to wear.” Yumi grinned, handing them to me.

“Thanks, Yumi-chan.” I took them and headed for the bathroom, looking back. “I owe you.”

“No need.” She smirked this time. “I just need your…” Flirty lessons (in head)”...you know and I barrowed your hairclip. Is that okay?”

I held back a laugh. “It’s fine. Sure.”

Len looked between us two, confused. “What and what?”

I shook my head. “Nothing important.”

I stepped into the bathroom, noticing they looked a bit akward there. “Er----you guys don’t have to wait, really,” I assured.

They waved their hands. “It’s fine.”

I closed the bathroom door and began to change. When my new clothes were on, I tried to look at the Curse Mark that was on my neck. I couldn’t see it. I can’t even see it when I try to look in the mirror. It’s like it’s in the center of my neck. Urghh! And I can’t even feel it.

What’s worse. I looked like hell. My hair was a mess. My face turned red from embarrassment. What was Len thinking when he saw me?! Oh no, oh no, oh no. Another bad impression, maybe. Uwaaa. They could’ve knocked…and SHE COULD’VE TOLD ME LEN WAS COMING! They probably thought It would be a “fun “ surprise. Aw, man. I’m toast. Nrghh, I’m gonna get revenge one day on her.
I took my hairbrush from where Yumi left it for me and began to brush my hair. It’s weird how everything turns out. I have to stop thinking like that. Len and how he would think of me and stuff. Right now, I need to see Sasuke. He’s worth my worries right now.

I got out of the bathroom and found Yumi sitting on the bed talking to Len. They stopped talking the minute I got out. Hmmm, I wonder.

“Ready?” Yumi rose up.

“Yeah, sure”, I said.

We walked out of the room and I noticed Len looking at me. Okay, that’s a little awkward.

“What is it?” I could feel pink shades across my cheeks.

“Uh, nothing. It’s just that you look good”, he said.

“Thank you, Len-sama”, I smiled.

We reached Sasuke’s room and entered. Oh, Zane was there; sitting with him.

“Zane-sama!” I called out.

“Kimura, what are you doing here? I was just about to see you.” He said.

“Oh, well then you know. Kakashi said I could get out today and I also wanted to see Sasuke”, I explained.

“Alright then. I’m gonna go but I want to see you and Yumi later”, he said.

“Hai, Itoko-sama*”.

Yumi walked over to the other side of the bed. “Hey Sasuke-kun. How are you?”

“Yeah, I’m fine”, he said. I knew he said that because he’s staying for another week. He’s acting tough about it. Must run in our family.

“Look, I know we’ve been having our differences but you’re still my teammate. And I won’t lie that I give some damn about you. So I want you to stay strong the way you are and hurry so you can get out of hospital”, she smiled.

“I never knew you could be wise”, he teased her.

“UUURRGGGHHH”, she clenched her fist.

I laughed a bit at how she always takes things personally. Now I need to get a little serious with Sasuke.

“Could you guys give us a minute alone”, I asked.

“Sure”, Len nodded.

They walked out and closed the door. My face became dead serious.

“Did you have to come and bring them with you”, he said.

“Yeah, I had to. You’re my brother, Yumi’s your teammate and Len is a mutual friend between us”, I said. “I don’t know why you hate that I care about you”.

“Well, I believe you’ve heard the news”, he said. “I’m staying for another week”.

“Yeah I did”.

“Listen, I know it sucks but it’s for your own good”, I said trying to make him feel better even though it wasn’t improving me.

“Well it better be if I’ll ever get out and kill Itachi some day,” he said.

“Hey, are you forgetting something? You have it sealed and hopefully nothing will happen. And, why are you always so concerned about Itachi? Like you’re going to devote your life for it. Sasuke, one of the biggest mistakes you’re making is that you think about killing Itachi and nothing more. Look at Yumi. Her past is almost the same as ours. But do you see her obsessed with killing Orochimaru? No, she has that as her aim but she’s still living her life as normally as any person her age should be”, I said.

“I’d expect that answer from you. You wouldn’t feel so touched about what happened”, he said.

“Are you saying that I don’t care? Please Sasuke, stop trying to picture me as the bad sister who doesn’t give the damn you give. Who said I don’t miss them? Who said I wasn’t shocked about it? Look, I don’t wanna start a fight with you okay? Just think over what I said and I’ll leave you now because my visiting period is over”, I said giving him a quick kiss on his cheek.

Later that day

“Looks like I’ll have to stay here another week til Sasuke’s out”, I said.

“Are you trying to say you’re a burden?” Yumi asked.

“Well… I might as well help you with what I owe you”, I smirked.

Yumi’s POV

“What’s that…” Before I could finish, the room suddenly started spinning. What the? It looked like a classroom. Is there some sort of Genjutsu? I looked around and found Kimura standing infront of the chalkboard. Eeek, I’m a schoolgirl! What’s with the red outfit? Nyaaah.

“Concentrate Yumi”, Kimura tapped her stick on the board. “Like you said, I owe you this. I’m gonna teach you how to flirt”.

To Be Continued…
♠ ♠ ♠
YES YES !! IT'S CHAPTER 50 !! OUR ANNIVERSARYY !! xDD
AM SO HAPPY I WANNA CELEBRATE WITH KAMII AND ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL READERS =))

*Itoko once again means cousin and Hai means yes =)

Luuv you all, luuv you Kamii, we did it, we reached chapter 50 !! And I wanna point out something; Kamii helped meh with this chapter as well, A LOT of help. I just wanna thank her and none of this would have been possible if it wasn't for her who helped all the way through to make this story what it is now =D

-Jayjay