Now I Only Obsess Over You

Chapter 1

"Welcome back to Hunter High School. For those of you who are transfer students or freshman, welcome to our school. We hope you have a nice stay." He laughed. Principal Farley always laughed at his own jokes. He was the only one, too. Some new girl came walking in. She was really hot. I could tell she was new by the way she kept looking at her schedule and trying to find a place to sit.
"Hey!" I called to her. She came walking over towards me, but a late Patrick came running to the stool next to me. Great, stuck with him as my lab partner again!
"Hey! How's it shakin', bacon?" he asked.
"I was actually motioning to that hot girl, but it's great and please, don't ever say that again..."
"Sorry. I'm so happy to be back! It's gonna be party central! Senior year!" Usually it would be
me acting insane, but I think I was rubbing off on my friends. I watched the nice, pretty girl sit
next to my other friend, Pete. he gets all the girls.
"Yeah, thanks for ruining my shot, Pat." I said, slapping his back.
"No problems, any time. Which girl were you looking at, anyways?
"The one who sat down next to Pete."
"Oh. Sorry, dude." Was all he said. I could kick his ass!
"No big. At least I won't have to put up with a nerd or something." I said and smiled. If Pete
talked to a new girl, chances are she would be eating lunch with us. I could get to know her then.

Lunch time
We all piled at our usual lunch table. Sure enough, the girl was with him. I sat next to her so
Pete would have to sit on the other side of the table. Andy sat on the side of me and Patrick
and Pete filed in on the other side. Patrick gave me the thumbs up.
"Guys, I want to introduce you to a friend of mine. This is Tina. She came from South Central and moved here over the summer."
"Hey, Tina. That's Joey. He thinks you're hot!" Patrick said and laughed. I kicked him under the table.
"Excuse me?"
"Ha ha, just kidding."
"That's Patrick, he has mental problems!" Pete said. She laughed and rolled her eyes. "And
that's Andy, over there drumming on his milk carton. We have a band, he's the drummer, evidently."
"Yeah, I kinda see that. So, what is there to do here?" Tina said, smiling.
"We have the band, so we pretty much do that everyday. Patrick and Joey work together ar Borders, though." Andrew said, still drumming with 2 straws all over his tray.
"Awesome. I'd love to hear you guys play sometime. Who plays what?"
"I'm the lead singer/guitarist. My good friend Joey is the lead guitarist. My nice pal Pete is
the bassist and sort of back up singer. And of course that weirdo over there is Andy and he plays the drums."
"Talk about calling the kettle black!" Andrew joked.
"I didn't call the kettle black, I said you were weird." Patrick said, confused. Andrew started to
open his mouth to rebuttle.
"Dude, just forget it. Quit while you're ahead." Pete said, half laughing.
"When is your next show?" Tina asked.
"That's a good question." I said and looked at Pete.
"Uhh...Saturday I think. I'll have to get back to you on that."