Old Obsessions Die Hard

Gilbert Hardy

The drive down there was peaceful, but tiring. I should have flown but I didn’t want to miss the Carolina scenery. I drove through state after state and enjoyed the calm. I missed this so much, I heard my cell ring and I looked and seen it was my sister. She wasn’t stopping me. I was going to see the guys whether or not Hallie wanted me to or not.
I arrived in the familiar town of Cameron in the early morning. I should have planned this better because I now had nowhere to stay. It was now 6:30 a.m. I got a slight idea. I couldn’t tell if it was good or not since I was so tired. I pulled up in front of my other father’s house. When I say other father I meant Gilbert Hardy. I smiled as I seen his lights on. I really should have called first, but if I had my plan would have been figured out then I would have been fucked. I got out of my car at a rather sluggish pace. I was dead tired. Now that I think about it I should have called my real father. I hadn’t talked to him in years as well but I missed everybody. I felt my eyes start to water up and then the screen door slam. I looked up and Daddy Gil stood there in front of me. I was so happy, but scared. Would he recognize me?
“Excuse me miss, but why are you crying?”
“Daddy Gilbert you don’t remember me?” I started to cry harder. The one person I knew would remember me was him.
“Why Faith Denise Charleston look at you. You look a lot diff’nt then the last time I seen ya. Wait till the boys get a gander at you.” I felt all my tears dry up and my smile form. He did know who I was after all.
“Come on girl its chilly out here lets get inside.”
I followed him inside. He had no need to point out the bathroom, because as sad as it is I still remember where all that was. But the room I was sleeping in brought back memories. I was staying in Jeff’s old room, complete with the Vanilla Ice posters. I giggled to myself and changed my clothes tomorrow was going to be a hell of a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
new chapter
matt shall be in the next one
comments?