Old Obsessions Die Hard

a slap to the face

I woke up to the feeling of being held down. I instantly panicked. The familiar sickening feeling rose from my stomach to my throat as my eyes flickered open. I relaxed immediately as I looked down and saw two big tattooed arms wrapped all around me. Even though nothing happened last night, I still got to sleep in his bed with his arms wrapped around me all night and his light snoring in my ear. This moment was so perfect I hated to make it end but I had made a promise to a very special man in my life that he would be my first priority this morning and I intended on keeping that promise. I reluctantly removed Shannon s arms from around my stomach and got out of bed. I turned around to get one last look at his sleeping form. His hair had fallen all into his face and he had moved his arm so his head was now resting on it. I just couldn t help myself I had to have a picture of this boyish looking prince of punk. I pulled out my cell phone and snapped two pictures and then set the first one as my wallpaper on my phone. While I had my phone out I texted Matt and asked him if he could pick me up.
As quickly as I could I exited the bedroom and made my way into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I turned on the hot water to let it warm up and I moved my wet clothes from the bath tub to the sink. I slowly stripped out of Shannon 's clothes I borrowed and hopped into the shower.
A half hour later I was cleaned and smelled like Shannon, that s a win win for me, I thought with a smile on my face. I grabbed the towel from the rack and dried off then I bent down and picked up Shannon' s shirt and shorts since my clothes were obviously still wet. After I was dressed I grabbed my wet clothes from the sink and the towel I dried off with and made my way to the laundry room. I set both of them down by the washer on the floor and then walked back to Shannon s room to write him a quick note explaining my absence.
~Shannon, Going to Daddy Gil 's to change clothes then off to see my daddy. By the way I am so glad I came to see you last night. I really had fun. xoxo
Faith~
At the bottom I scribbled down my cell phone number and then set it on his night stand right by his phone. Hopefully he didn t knock it down or something but Matt was already in the driveway so I didn' t have time to change the place of the note. I hurriedly kissed his forehead and then ran down the stairs and headed out the front door . Matt s shiny corvette was sitting in the driveway already and I saw the silhouette of another person in the backseat but I didn 't have time to recognize who it was. I had to hurry up and get to Daddy Gil 's so I could change then go see my Daddy. I hopped into the car and Matt had the biggest grin on his face when he seen my attire. I looked down and it hit me. He s going to think we..
"Hopefully he took my advice and wrapped it up like a Big Mac." I hit him in the shoulder as my face heated up even though nothing happened it was embarrassing. Especially because Matt has always been like my big brother and it s a touchy subject when its coming from someone you consider your brother.
"Matthew you knock it off! You know nothing happened. We just talked." That earned a full out laugh complete with a snort right in the middle of it. I sighed. There was no way I was getting around this subject. Jeff leaned up from the backseat so he was in between Matt and myself. His gaze was firmly on me.
"It looks to me like something more than talking happened last night." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.
"Nothing happened last night as I have stated for what feels like the hundredth time and even if something did happen, how is it your concern?" I turned back around completely appalled by him. How dare he has a say in who I m with or who he thinks I' m sleeping with. He lost that right when he wasn t honest to me, well I cant say he wasn' t honest with me because he technically didn t tell me a lie he just never told me the whole truth. Which is just as bad.
" I just figured friends, especially former best friends talked about things like that," he said sadly. I immediately felt bad. I shouldn 't have snapped at him, I mean he didn 't even know why I was mad at him. No one did but Shannon. I talked to him about everything last night. To his credit he sat back and listened even though I was groaning about his best friend. I was hurt deeply by Jeff leading me on whether it was intentional or not. Funny thing is it didn' t take long for us to get off the subject of Jeff and onto the subject of how things have changed, what' s been going on with him and when I 'm going home. It was so easy to talk to him. I saw a softer, sweeter and more deeper side to him then I had ever known.
I looked back into the backseat at Jeff and he looked hurt. I knew I had to apologize because really it only makes you miserable to be mad at someone and they have no idea why. I planned on talking to Jeff more later on about why I was upset but right now a simple I 'm sorry will do until I can get him alone and explain things more.
"You' re right, Jeff I overreacted. I am sorry." He just did a quick nod of his head and went back to his thoughts. Believe it or not that made things super easy for me because now I can sit in silence without it being awkward. So I just leaned back into my seat and stayed silent the rest of the way back to the house.
I was more than relieved when we finally pulled into the Hardy driveway. I took my time exiting the car. This was probably the best time to talk to Jeff alone that way I' m already here at the house and I can also have a clear mind when I go to see my dad. Matt walked up the three porch stairs and into the front door. I took my opportunity quickly and quietly called Jeff 's name. He turned around instantly .
"Do you have a minute? I need to talk to you." I asked in an equally quiet voice as I sat down on the second porch step. He simply nodded and sat down next to me. His blonde, green, orange, and purple hair blew lightly in the wind. His eyes weren t staring at me. No they were looking out on the beautiful landscape that is the Hardy Land with a far away look filling his beautiful green irises.
"I know I ve been.."
"Is something going on between.. "
We both started talking at the same time. I felt the heat of embarrassment color my cheeks and the tips of my ears. I looked down at my feet and grumbled, sorry. He looked over at me for the first time giving me his attention.
"Do you wanna go first?" I simply shrugged.
"I guess it will be easier if I go first," I paused and took a deep breath, "I know I have been acting different since I met Beth. She just caught me by surprise. I know it shouldn' t have surprised me that you were with someone but there for a minute you seemed to be interested in me again so I assumed you were single. I don' t even know where I got the idea you were even interested in me. I realize I just let the child in me come alive when I thought there could be a chance of you and me. So I apologize for my childish actions." I lifted my eyes from my feet to check his reaction. I don' t know how long ago his gaze left me but he defiantly wasn' t staring at me now. His gaze was directed at the endless green acres that is the Hardy land. The silence was driving me crazy! Why wasn' t he saying anything? Why wasn' t he looking at me? I placed my hands on my knees in an attempt to push myself up but his arm shot out and grabbed mine.
"Just give me a minute. I' m trying to word this just right." I sat back down and attempted to wait it out. I probably could go get dressed and get ready to go see my Daddy. I can' t wait to see him! It was the whole reason I had to get out of Shannon' s... I wonder if he 's awake yet. What if he' s awake but he didn' t find my note? What if he knocked it off just as I feared he would? My features softened in sadness. Then he would think I left in a hurry as if I was ashamed of kissing him last night. That was the absolute last thing I wanted. Spending time with him had been the most enjoyable experience I have had as of late. Maybe I could go get his number from Matt so I could call him and see if he was awake. That way he wont think I was avoiding him or...
"You coming back affected me to the bone Faye, I don' t think you realize that. When we were younger I honestly think I loved you but you left so I never really got to explore those feelings. It took me awhile to even want to be sociable but my career with WWE was starting up. I was no longer a jobber. So I had no choice I couldn 't dwell on the past. I had to keep moving forward. Eventually things got easier, I didn t even think about you unless it was in a memory of the past. I met Beth and I don t know it felt so right. She s amazing and I love her beyond belief but then you show up and its thrown me for a loop. You are like a breath of fresh air, something I have never had but something I' ve always wanted. Being with you makes me forget about all my worries, cares, and to be honest even about Beth." He stopped then stared down at his hands as if the answers lied there.
"I honestly don' t know what to say Jeff." He smiled and reached over and patted my hand. I flipped over my right hand and squeezed his hand to let him know I was there for him.
"I know you feel like I led you on but truthfully I didn't. I still have feelings for you Faye I'm just trying to figure out what to do with them. Before I forget please don't use Shannon to get back at me. Its not his fault what's going on between us." I instantly let go of his hand and stood up. I was beyond pissed that he would even suggest something like that. He looked up at me obviously not understanding what was wrong with me.
"How dare you insinuate that I would stoop so low to hurt someone else to get back at you first of all. Secondly it would never ever be Shannon. I couldn't dream of using him, even when we were kids. The reason I went to him when I was hurt yesterday was because I knew he could make me laugh and forget all about the shit you put me through." I was so mad the words started spilling from my mouth before I thought them through, "and just for the record we didn't do any kissing until after I was all cheered up and you were no where on my mind. Before you go and assume anything else once again we didn't have sex because its not like that between me and Shannon yet. I like him yes but am I willing to turn my body over to him yet no sir because unlike you I don't mess with people's emotions. I would never tell any one I cared about them unless I actually do!" I walked inside and slammed the door earning some looks from Matt and Daddy Gil but I brushed them off. I was too heated to explain myself. How dare he! Ugh! I could choke him right now. How dare he accuse me of being that kind of person? I was actually starting to like Shannon and Jeff had to go and make it seem like I had ulterior motives. I had been so wrapped up in trying to be with Jeff I had never stopped to look at Shannon like that. Even when we were kids I always jumped to Jeff s side even when I knew he was wrong because I was his best friend and I adored the ground he walked on. I walked straight to Jeff's old room and tried to find an outfit to wear to my dad's. I was half tempted to wear Shan's Gas Chamber shirt but it needed to be washed. I started digging through my bag throwing thongs, basketball shorts, tank tops, and t-shirts all over the bed. Note to self: never try to find something when you're mad, it never turns out good. I turned over to the dresser and quickly plugged in my hot rollers and started finding my outfit again.
I finally settled on my yellow low v-neck shirt with strings to determine how much cleavage you want to show off, with a pair of faded blue jeans. I quickly changed then wrapped my hair up in the rollers and went to do my make up. I grabbed my foundation and rubbed all that in until it was smooth against my skin, then started on my eye shadow and mascara. My make up took a total of 15 minutes to do so I threw on my green and yellow toe socks and my black and pink Nikes and I was almost ready to roll. I walked back to the bathroom and took my rollers out of my hair.
I stepped out of the bathroom and walked into the kitchen as all three men sat at the table. I paused and looked only at Matt and Daddy Gil when I spoke.
"I'm going to Daddy's I'm not sure when I will be back," I leaned down and kissed Daddy Gil's cheek. I hugged Matt and walked to the door then turned around to face them again.
"Oh and Matt, if Shannon calls give him my number or call me and give me his. Which ever is easier for you okay?" He nodded and with that I was out the door and in my car in a hurry to go see my Daddy.
♠ ♠ ♠
two posts for this one as well go me! technically its cheating cause i already have this one written haha
also updated crazy thing we call life twice too!!!

so comment for more of this one!