Antics

Chapter Ten

"Hey Brendon." you said, popping in with the mail.

"Hey, come and sit down with me later. I want to talk to you about something."

"Okay." you put away the dress and shoes in your closet before returning out to where Brendon was sitting on the couch. Plopping down next to him, you asked, "What is it?"

"Well, we've been dating for a while now. And now that I've moved in, I was thinking... and don't take this too seriously, I mean, I'm not asking or anything yet, just want to know your opinions. How about marriage?"

You froze up. Marriage? You guys had been dating for barely two months! Impossible! "Well, it would really put a damper on my career at this point. So we'd have to wait a while," you started.

"Put a damper on your career? You wouldn't have a career. Come on, we could get a big house. Once I'm finished schooling of course, and you could stay at home all day! It would be so much fun!"

"Fun? Quidditch is fun!" you proposed, keeping your voice down, not quite angry yet.

"That's no proper place for a married woman, though. Quidditch will suffice for a while, but I mean, it's just until you grow up, right? You weren't seriously considering doing that for the rest of your life, were you?"

"Yeah, Brendon, I was." Okay, you were a little ticked now.

"Well, how are you supposed to take care of our children?"

"You've really thought this through haven't you? The end of my life, I mean," you said, your voice raising. "Look, my goal in life isn't to have your babies, or to please you. It's to live it for me!"

"You're a pure-blood! You should know how these things work!" he shouted back.

"Don't give me that pureblood shit. You know, I thought better of you!"

"You thought better of me? Are you saying that this isn't me? This isn't you?"

"I'm saying you're acting like a first class jerk!" you screamed.

He slapped you. Immediately, you fell to the ground. "Don't you insult me you bitch!"

You stood up slowly, about to swing back, only to find someone had stepped in for you.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you not to hit a lady?" someone screamed. That accent... Oliver?

With two punches, Brendon was on the ground.

Oliver stepped over to help you sit down. "You okay?"

"Yeah... I mean... we were just talking.. and... wait, what're you doing here?"

"Came to drop off a new play. Thought I'd knock first, but I heard shouting. I figured I oughta check it out."

"Well," you intook a shaky breath. "Th-thanks."

"Do you want me to leave... or stay... and what do you want me to do with him."

"You can stay if you'd like. I'll, I'll put on some tea. And we'll just d-drag him outside." you said, a bit rushed.

You couldn't believe he slapped you. He hit hard too. Auror training did a lot to those muscles.

After dragging him into the hallway, you guys sat down for a nice cup of tea.

"So... is he always violent?" Oliver asked.

"Nope." you said, bringing a shaking cup of tea to your lips. "First time."

"He seemed like a really nice guy."

"Can we... not talk about it... maybe."

"Sure. I'm sorry." he said, flashing you an appologetic look.

"No, it's fine. Thanks for... staying with me." you said.

"Anytime. So what kind of tea is this?"

"Chai. You don't like it?"

"No, I love it. Better than the stuff I drink." he said.

"So, the plays. You wanted to run over them."

"Oh yes!" he drew out a little black booklet and started going over some new plays.

That took about half an hour. You were a little dazed the whole time, only half hearing everything he was saying.

He was about to floo out, and you were saying good bye.

"Thanks for everything Oliver. Really. I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't have shown up." you leaned up on your tip-toes and kissed his cheek.

He hugged you. Then stepped into the flames and left.

Olivers POV

She kissed me on the cheek! I wanted to kiss her. On the lips. I wanted to lay down with her forever. Tell her everything would get better. But I couldn't. So I just hugged her.

And the whole time she was sitting there. This look in her eye was telling me she was hurt. Emotionally. She kept saying she was alright, but I saw right through it. I wanted to just go back out kick that stupid bloke's arse.

Who would do that? And to such a fine girl! Chris is great. I mean, I know we fight a lot, but she really is a great girl!

Man, all of these thoughts are just whizzing through my head. I need to sit down.

What am I getting myself into?