Antics

Chapter Two

You left the owlery and flipped through the envelopes. All of them said the same thing: Dear Ms. Applegate, we regret to inform you that we will not be requiring any new patrons at this time. Our team is already full, but based on your acclaims, we will store your resume and contact you if we ever necessitate someone of your talent.

Yeah, yeah. You got dressed for work and started walking out the door when you noticed you dropped an envelope.

'The Ballycastle Bats'

Thinking you might as well open, just incase, you braced yourself for another disappointment.

Dear Ms. Applegate.

This year, we are completely re-designing our team. We are pleased to inform you that our new team captain hand chose you to be our new chaser. Please report to practice tomorrow at 8am. Thank you.

You jumped in the air and punched before dancing and singing 'I made a te-am.'

--

The next day, you woke up at seven in the morning. You got dressed in your favorite work-out gear, shined your broom, ate the healthiest breakfast imaginable, and apparated to the correct address ten minutes early.

It was ten minutes too soon.

The smile fell straight from your face. The person you were staring at seemed to pick it up and add it to his own, as his just grew bigger.

"OLIVER?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" You screamed.

"Oh, team, this is our chaser, who happens to be," he looked at his watch, "five minutes late."

You would have said something if you weren't too dumbstruck to speak.

"Okay, let's introduce ourselves. I'll start," Oliver said as everyone joined into a circle. "Captain Oliver Wood, I just graduated from Hogwarts where I was the keeper for the Gryffindor team."

Another guy picked up, "I'm Pele Armstrong, I'm 19, and the last team I played for was the Durmstrang B Team. I'll be one of the chasers." Holy crap! The Durmstrang teams are almost professional.

"I'm Marcus Phillips, I used to play for the Appleby Arrows as an alternate. I'm also a Chaser."

"Stanely Fenmarx. 18. I used to play with Pele on the Durmstrang team. I played last year before I graduated. I'm a beater."

"I'm Tony Kong," the next guy started. "I'm from the Montrose Magpies. I'm a beater."

"Seaker Paul Simons. I last played with the Bamfry Banshees."

"I'm Christina Applegate. I also just graduated. I'm the third Chaser, and I last played for the Hogwarts Ravenclaw team."

"Alright," Oliver said, "now that we're done with that, let's start practice!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So the original chapter two was better, but stupid quizilla deleted everything after the second sentence. =/