Antics

Chapter Twenty

Oliver's speech was widely ignored by the whole team. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts. This was a big chance for the bats to move up in the quiditch world. We couldn't mess this up.

We were called out onthe field to be met with a million screaming fans. The stands were packed. Half was clad in red and black, and the other in yellow and green.

We mounted our brooms and flew up.

I held my breath as Oliver shook the other captain's hand. His team had been in this before. They were more experienced than us.

Did we even have a chance?

I looked over at me team mates. Pele and Marcus both looked to me. I motioned three. The play we would be doing. They nodded back.

We won the quaffle. I started off with the it. I looped in and out of their defense, and I dropped the ball to Marcus, who was below me. As planned, only half of them noticed.

Pele flew near the goal as their team tried to recover. Marcus threw the quaffle over to him and he got it into the left goal.

They got the ball and scored on their next play.

That's how the game went for two hours. Switching back and forth after any shot.

We had managed to pull ahead after a nasty bout of losing.

The score was 110-us, 90-them.

Paul had almost caught the snitch a couple of times. He was currently going after it again.

Oliver had taken a bludger to the leg and was flying a little slower than usual.

THe other team had possession. Marcus stole it away and screamed out to do a hail mary, again.

Everyone was pretty tired.

You zoomed down the pitch and caught the bludger. You shot, but the keeper saved it.

He threw it out and Pele caught it. The keeper aproached his side, so he threw it to you.

Thinking quickly, the keeper flew over to your side, but you shot up at the high ring and scored.

There was a roar from the crowd. After thrity seconds, they got louder.

That means someone caught the snitch.

You looked up at the scoreboard. 270-90! You won!

You flew down to the grass, as did the rest of your team. Directly following the game was the awards ceremony. On the field and everything.

The crowd cheered and cheered as you celebrated.

The Quiditch chancelor came up and shook hands with Oliver. People were running around bringing stuff out.

They handed out seven medals to your team. Nice and gold. They handed Oliver a big, shiny trophy.

"Attention!" the chancelor started, "I would like to announce to you the winner of this season, the team that will be moving on the the Big Leagues: THE BALLYCASTLE BATS!"

Cheers.

"Their captain, Mr. Oliver Wood!"

Cheers.

"The MVP as voted by the board of quidditch, Mrs. CHIRSTINA APPLEGATE!"

Shocked, you walked up and shook hands with him and took the trophy.

The ceremony went on. After that, the VIP members of the game followed you into a room, along with the press. Oliver disappeared to do a private interview or go over stuff with the head quidditch guy or something.

They asked a lot of questions to everyone.

"Is the team staying the same next year?"

"Yes." Pele answered.

"Do you guys all get along?"

"Smashingly." Paul said.

"What do you guys think of Christina making MVP?"

"Well, she definately deserves it." Marcus answered, smiling at you.

"Christina?"

"Well, I think we all had to try equally as hard to get this far, but I'm very proud of myself for winning it."

"Stanley, have you set the date yet?"

"Yeah."

"When is it?"

"It'll be a fall wedding. Sometime in October."

"Christina, are the rumors of you and Oliver true?"

You looked over and realized Oliver wasn't there. "They're rumors. Next question?"

"Tony, do you still talk to the Magpies?"

"I talk to the friends I had on there."

"I bet that victory against them was solid gold."

He chuckled. "Yeah, it was."

"Whose next?" Willy asked [the owner of the team] "Yes, you in the back."

"Christina," you looked up. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

It was Oliver.

The room went silent.

"Umm..."

"Answer him! COME ON THEN!"

The cameras were flashing as he came closer to you.

"Yes!" you breathed out.

He ran up to the table, you stood up and jumped over it.

He kissed you like never before. The crowd cheered as the photographers snapped as many shots as possible.

"What's next?" one of the reporters asked.

"Next, I sweep her off her feet," he lifted you up, "and take her home."

The crowd laughed as he apparated the two of you back to his apartment to live happily ever after.

Or at least until I feel like writing the sequal.