Antics

Chapter Seven

"Lads and Ladies, there you have it, the brand new rising team in this lovely game, the Ballycastle Bats!" the announcer mumbled on about past plays as everyone exited the arena.

While making your way to the locker rooms, you guys were bombarded with questions.

"Christina! How does it feel being the only female on the team?"

Deciding to answer, you said, "Not any different than any of them being on the team, I assure you."

"Oliver? Chris? Is there anything going on between you two?"

You both screamed 'No.'

"Is there a date, yet, Pele?"

"What is it we hear about a certain mystery guy, Christina?"

"Are the rumors true about surgery, Marcus?"

All of the questions stopped once you were safely inside the locker room.

"Great game guys, now clean up and get out!" Oliver shouted, over your teams cheers.

You rushed out of there to get ready for tonight. You were going out on a date with Brendon.

"Where are you taking me?" you asked in your living room.

You decided to wear a short black dress.

"It's a suprise!" he said, kissing your lips, "Now, hold on."

You did as you were told, and grabbed onto his arm. You felt your body squeeze through an imaginary tube.

When you opened your eyes, you realized where you were.

"Brendon... Mon Espoir... this is... really nice." you were in awe.

He grabbed your chin, "The best for you." and kissed you.

"Thanks,"

That was quite possibly some of the best food. Ever made. Seriously, you wanted to go manhandle the chef.

So after dinner, you walked to the beach, it was a little chilly, so he put his arm around you.

Then you went back to the apartment. You should know what happened from there.

It was quite possible the most romantic thing that ever happened.

Ever.

"APPLEGATE!" Oliver screamed.

"Okay, this morning, I woke up on time, went out for my run, and when I came back, my whole apartment was smoking!"

"Oh, she's lying! I saw her at Mon Espoir last night with a boy!" Pele squeeled.

"Shut up," you said turning red.

"Three laps, land, fifty push-ups, hundred sit-ups, for being late. Then we'll get back to our usual Monday routines. The other chaser can just... chill, when they're not practicing with me." Oliver said, emotionless.

"That's not fair!" you said

"Go." he shouted to the team.

After a grueling warm-up, you flew up and went to go practice with Oliver.

You shot in silence. Really trying to work him out. And boy did you. You had him flying up and down, in circles.

After practice, you decided to have a talk with Oliver. It wasn't right for him to get you in trouble because of your personal life.

"Look Wood!" you started, raging into his office, "you can't be harder on me just because I was on a date last night!" you shouted.

"You were late for practice. You can do whatever with your personal life." he said, quietly, compared to you.

"Oh, shut up, are you still mad about the slugs? It was second year, Oliver, get"

"What? You think I'm upset about something that happened when we were twelve? You were late for practice!"

"You don't do that when anyone else is late."

"You're always late! You can't tell if anyone else is!" he said.

"Uh, It's my second time being late, and last time it was by like, 20 seconds." you said, harshly.

"Doesn't matter." he said.

"Look, Oliver. I don't like you. You don't like me. Okay, we need to get over that. It's stupid and childish!"

"What are you talking about?" he raised his voice.

"You! You are out to get me!" you claimed.

You guys were inching closer and closer, raising decibils by the minute.

"Oh, Shut up!" he said, attacking your lips with his own. Not knowing what to do, you kissed back, hungrily...