Antics

Chapter Eight

You reached behind you for something to grab onto. Groping around, you found Olivers desk. You broke apart.

"I... I have to..."

"It never happened?" he said, equally as terrified as you.

Maybe he felt it too. Some wierd spark connection.

A spark... of anger. That has to be it.

A spark of hatred.

Like... make up sex.

NO! Not sex. Like, make-up punch.

Of hatred. There.

"Yeah." you muttered quickly and quietly. "Bye." you said, and rushed out of his office.

Slipping in the locker room to your locker, you thought about what just happened. It was just a kiss right? JUST a kiss.

Nothing more.

People kiss their family members all the time!

Not like that.

The voices in your head were going crazy.

What did you really feel for him?

An akward week passed, and it was finally time for the next game.

"Okay, so we'll be running plays 2,5,16, then 8,11, and 7. Same patterns as we practiced this week. Good luck guys."

"Awe, is wittew Owiver gonna cry?" you teased.

"Funny. Really. Go get em guys."

And ten minutes later, you were all running back inside.

Paul had caught the snitch fairly quickly. The other team... sucked.

Seriously. The score should have been like, nowhere above 160 either side.

It was 220-0.

They didn't even try!

You scored four times, Pele twice, and Marcus once.

In ten minutes.

"Okay, guys, I scheduled a press confress so we wouldn't get mauled again." Oliver stated. "So, get ready and meet me back at the front before you leave."

You all nodded and went to shower.

This pitch, luckily, had a girls shower.

Ten minutes later, you emerged from the girls locker room into the boys.

"OK, everyone here? Marcus, stop fixing your hair!" Oliver screamed.

Oh jesus. This was hell. Really hell.

"So, Ms. Applegate. Earlier last week, you were seen out with a man. Is it true that he proposed to you last night?"

You blushed madly. "No. It was just dinner."

"But are you dating him?" another nosy reporter asked.

"Yes."

The questions started getting more directed towards Pele.

"PELE! Exactly who is the lucky lady you're engaged to?"

"I'd rather not bring her into this." he said boldly.

"Okay. Oliver, how about you? Any luck with the ladies?"

Oliver's eyes looked a bit darty, obviously remembering the events from earlier that week.

"I've got my eye on someone." he said.

"Any new plans? Wanna let us in on any secrets?"

"You men know I'm not anyone to do that!" he replied coolly.

And that's how the whole thing went. Entertainment magazines asking personal questions, real quidditch magazines asking questions about the season. Asking your opinions on upcoming matches and teams and plays.

You woke up the next morning to someone shoving a magazine in your face. You were a bit shocked to see the cover.

After the press confrence, there was a photo op thing. They had it set up so that both beaters were standing to the right, Stanley holding a bludger. To the left of him was Oliver, leaning on his broom. Paul was standing on the far left, holding the snitch between his teeth. Pele and Marcus were in the middle holding across them. It was supposed to look like 'team bonding' with all of you laughing. Quite a site.

That made the cover of the most popular teen magazine. More than teen. Everyone read it.

"We need to celebrate!" Brendon shouted.

You grumbled.

"We can go... ice skating! Then out to Hogsmeade afterwards!" he said.

"Okay. Let me get dressed first." you said.

"Not funny! Wait up! I don't know how to work these damn things!" Brendon screeched at you, while you were so elegantly skating backwards, way faster than him.

"Well, you were the one who suggested i-AAAH" Graceful. You bumped someone, conveniantly almost falling.

But no. Life wasn't that good. You had to be caught by Oliver. So, after almost falling to certain death, you had to look into the face of... worse than death. Ugly. Something clever.

"Falling for me, Applegate." he whispered when he was helping you back to your balance.

"In your dreams." you whispered back. "Thanks!" you replied a bit louder.

"Fancy seeing you here." Oliver started. "This is my date Gweneth. Gweneth, this is one of my chasers, Christina Applegate, and her boyfriend... my appologies, I don't seem to remember your name."

"I'm Brendon." he said, leaning over to shake Oliver's hand.

They shook. "Yes. Brendon"

"Nice to meet you Gweneth. And nice to see you again Oliver."

"Well, Brendon and I were just leaving." you stated, pulling him away as his eyes lit up. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh, so were Gweneth and I."

"No we weren't. We just--"

"Yes we were. It's too cold. Remember, honey, you were just saying you were freezing."

"Oh. okay." she said, a bit taken aback.

"Well, we'll see you later. We were just heading up to Hogsmeade."

"So were we! What a coincidence!" Oliver stated.

"We should double!" whatsername said.

"Oh, well..." you started. But stupid Brendon cut you off.

"That's a splendid idea!" he said.

Needless to say, half an hour later, you were all sitting around a pink frilly table leaf in madame puddifoots.

What kind of name is that? Puddifoot.

Discusting. You don't want to think of feet when you're out at a restaurant.

You want to have fun! Laugh.

Not with this food though.

"...So that's how we met! That story makes me laugh every time I tell it!" Oliver said, in an overly-excited voice.

"Well, this is technically the only time you've told it. It is our first date." Gweneth provided. She was actually pretty cool, once you get past the fact that she's totally oblivious to the fact that Oliver is an ass. "So, Brendon, Chris, how did you two meet?"

"He's one of my regulars at work. After a long day, he took me out for coffee. We just kind of hit it off after that." you said.

Much shorter than Olivers. Stupid prat.

"It's very nice." Brendon said, kissing you lightly on the lips.

"You know," Oliver said, trying to break up the PDA, "Gwen here is studying to be Head Healer at St. Mungos."

"How interesting. Brendon is top of his class where he's training to an auror." you retalliated.

"Well, Gwen is amazing at crocheting."

"Next time I throw a crochet party, I'll call her up. But you know, next time you have a cricket game, yo ushould really invite Brendon. He's really an amazing player."

"Maybe I will. You know, Gwen here--"

"Okay guys. Enough." Gwen cut in.

"Please don't start that." Brendon said, folding his hands together.

You and Oliver looked down, a bit ashamed of yourselves.

After about a minute of akward silence, Oliver cut it by asking, "How come you didn't bring Brendon to that family reunion thing?"

"You saw my family. They would have torn him apart. Don't want to scare him away too soon." you said.

"They wouldn't have scared me away!" he said.

"Excuse me folks, but we're closing up." the waitress said.

"Okay. Oliver. See you Monday, Gwen, nice meeting you."

Everyone bid their goodbyes and wished their best and went back home.