Sequel: So This Is Love

Who Said Anything About Love?

Deserving Better

Tom’s POV

Bill had gone inside to help Amelia out with some boxes and supplies and I had followed Madeline over to a stack of crates.

“So what’s in here?” I asked tapping on the top of one of the crates.

“Glasses,” she stated that smiled, “so let’s be careful, yea?”

“Ja, ok.” I laughed and grabbed a crate following her inside to the bar area of the gallery.

She set them on the bar and gestured for me to do the same.

After another few trips we had brought all 6 crates inside and were now unpacking them and wiped down the glasses before string them on the wall behind us and under the bar itself.

We had a good little system going; I’d wipe them down and hand them to Madie who’d put them where she knew her sister would want them.

“So what does Amelia have Bill doing back there?” I gestured toward the back with my head.

“Hmm, more than likely unpacking the frames and such.” she said as she reached for the second to the top shelf, barely reaching it. I knew I’d have to do the top shelf for her.

We then hear a loud set of giggles erupting from the back and Madeline and I shot a look at each other.

“Doesn’t sound like they’re working that hard.” I chuckled.

“I know…” she sighed and then turned to take the next glass from my outstretched hand.

“What’s on your mind?”

“I just really hope Bill likes her…” she said and then turned to look at me, leaning on her elbows on the counter behind her.

“What makes you think he doesn’t” I questioned.

“It’s not that I don’t, just that I know he’s a good guy and she needs that. Everyone deserves to have someone who appreciates them.” she looked a little upset and was staring at the floor lost in thought.

I handed her another glass and she took it and turned to place it on the top row. She was on the tips of her toes reaching as high as she could and still didn’t come close to reaching the shelf. I chuckled slightly and walked up behind her reaching for the glass.

“Here, let me…” I said as I grabbed the glass from her, I was pressed against the back of her as I placed it on the shelf.

Before I could step back Madie had already turned around and when I lowered my hand to my side and looked down I met her eager gaze.

Before I could do anything I could have later regretted I took a step back and then asked her, “What did you mean about deserving someone who appreciates you? I mean I understand what you meant, but where did that come from?”

Apparently she understood what I meant cuz she looked down again and took a deep breath.

She looked back up at me and softly said, “I’m in a-”

A loud crash cut off her sentence and we both shared a panicked look before turning and making our way toward the back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of my readers and to Monster-Kermit, Trinie, gidjet363 and x6GothicxGirl9x for commenting my last chapter.

More comments Darlings <3

My friend and I have just recently started a story called 'Ich Habe Sie Gefunden'. It's a Tom and Bill story, check it if you want to :D