When The Time Is Right

I Want That Sweater

(Brian P.O.V)

It made been two days since my pool party and since then I haven’t seen Naomi around. I’ve seen her brother because he comes over and we hang out with the rest of the guys, but lately he’s been making new friends over where his school is. I still don’t get why he just doesn’t go to a public school like his sister, maybe I’ll ask him that tonight. A friend of mine invited my friends and I to a back to hell party and I decided to invite Carl and Naomi. I know Carl will come but Naomi… she’s undecided.

As I was walking through the mall with my brother and sister I bumped into Brent to see him staring at something. I hit him on the head and he gets out of has trance. He rubs his head and gives me the ‘ow, why you do that for’ look.

“What were you staring at to me you stop and bump me I into you,” I asked him in a pissed voice. Brent points to Abercrombie and Fitch where I see Naomi and her mom shopping for school clothes and she was wearing no shirt, just a bikini, which was covered by a Panic At The Disco sweater with short shorts. She can sure dress sexy for a freshman.

Naomi and her mom were leaving the Abercrombie and Fitch until her mom sees us and waves us to come over. Brent and I went to see them. Naomi was putting her head down, covering her eyes, and shaking her head as we came to them.

“Brian, Brent so good to see you two. Naomi told me you boys weren’t going to the mall today, so went shopping with me instead,” Ms. Samson said in a kind voice. ”I was wondering if you could Shop went Naomi while I get ready to go to work today.”

“Mom no, they probably have better things to do then shop around with a teenager girl for school clothes,” she said.

“Not really, we are with McKenna is here too and she’s shopping round too so I don’t mind giving Naomi a ride back home,” I said with a smirk on my face. This was not only pay back for leaving the pool on me, but I also wanted to send a little time with her.

As Naomi opens her mouth to object my proposition, Ms. Samson covers her mouth and says, “Really, thank you so much Brian. I know my daughter will be on her best behavior for you.”

Her mom leaves as Brent and I stand in front of Naomi saying nothing. As she starts walking, she pauses and says, “Do you know where Hot Topic is I kind of want to get a few things there?” They nod their head as we walk toward Hot Topic. We were extremely quiet as we approach the store, Naomi went in first, and then Brent followed her but I stop as I received a txt. I went to the side to see that Matt txt me saying ‘wat r u up to now.’ I reply back ‘at the mall with lil bro, lil sis, n’ Naomi.’ A few seconds later Matt txt ‘o she talking to u now well how about a party at her place?’ I looked at my phone 15 times deciding whether I should ask her or not. I mean her mom isn’t home and her brother is probably will let us, she’s the only thing stopping us from the party.

I decided to walk into the store and find Naomi. She was with Brent laugh at something that Brent must have said. I went over to where they were stand, they saw me and stopped laughing and started staring at me. “Naomi, I was wondering if my friends and I can have a party at your house for the night.” She still stares at me.

“Brian, why would you and your friends want a party at my house? If you live next door with a pool just as big as mine and they’re my brother friends, not mine. Ask him if you can have the party at our place. I’m not going to tell on you if that’s why you are asking” she said while looking through some of the t-shirts that the store had. I was relieved that she said she didn’t care and that she wasn’t going to tell. I smiled at her as I went back to txt Matt ‘the party is on.’ I called McKenna’s cell phone to come near Hot Topic and to see if she bought any good clothes for herself. As I was doing that Naomi and Brent walked out of the store and started walking near me.

“Where to next Brian? Home or another store.” Brent said.

“I’m actually pretty hungry. So maybe we can go to the food court when we get McKenna back here” Naomi suggest. I nodded my head in agreement with Naomi’s suggest as did Brent. We found McKenna and left to the food court. McKenna was begging me for a piggyback ride, since she was wondering the mall searching for Brent and me. I just ignored her because if I didn’t stay quiet I was going to lecture about how she could have gotten kidnapped and how I was going to explain this to Mom. Once we got to the food court, McKenna pulled me over to Johnny Rockets, so she can get a hamburger and a milkshake. McKenna and I got hour food and sat down next to Naomi and Brent.

“So after we’re done eating then what?” Naomi asked while drinking her ice tea from her bag. I shrugged my shoulder to give her and answer.

“Maybe we should actually go school clothes shopping like Mom and Dad told us to Brian,” McKenna suggests. I knew that I had promised my parents that I would go shopping with her and Brent, but now that Naomi is here, I am trying to get her to like me at least because she not acting the way I thought she would act, when I basically told her that I like her, but she hasn’t talked to me.

“Oh my God, I want that sweater,” Naomi blurted out while staring at a freshman sweater. I don’t know why she wants the sweater, it’s for guys really. But that didn’t stop her and Brent going over there and asking the kid where he got his sweater. From where I was seeing the conversation between them, Brent was doing all the talking until Naomi came in by making this kid laugh. After like two minutes Brent came back to the table and started eating again.

“What was that about?” I asked.

“Naomi was too shy to ask him where he got his sweater, so I went and asked for her that’s all,” he answered in a quiet voice. I knew that he was mad that Naomi ditched him.

“So she ditched you,” I said trying not to laugh.

“No she said she coming back and that to call her when we leave the food court. I have her number in my cell so we can call her,” he said with a smirk on his face acting as if he won something. I was about to reply to him until Naomi and the kid came by.

“Hey Brian, do you think that we can give Leon a ride back home or at least drop him at my place so he can walk home with me. He lives like a 2 blocks away for us,” she said.

“Yea, sure I can give him a ride home but he’s going to have to stay at the mall a little longer because McKenna here HAS to get her school clothes today,” I answer her. Leon nod his head for agreement and left with Naomi to go get the sweater, Brent soon followed them. While all this is happening, McKenna pulls me away from my food and begins to drag me to whatever store she wants to go into.

I wonder what Brent, Leon, and Naomi are doing right now.

(Naomi P.O.V.)

Leon, Brent, and I were heading toward Zumbies to see if Leon sweater was there so that I could buy it for myself. Brent thought it was weird for a girl to want a boy’s sweater but then I explained to him that certain guy’s clothes look better on a girl. I do not think Brent understands yet and neither does Leon because they were laughing during my explanation.

Once we got to Zumbies, Leon went looking at the skateboards and hats. Brent stay by my side and we went searching for the sweater. I knew whenever I drop one of the sweaters Brent would check my ass out and I really didn’t care, it was somewhat obvious that he, Brian, and Johnny thought I was hot. I’m not extremely comfortable with people thinking I was attractive in anyway possible because I was made fun of so much when I was little. In addition, moving to California wasn’t making it any better for me, because I was extremely shy around new people.

I didn’t find the sweater I was looking for but I found the cute t-shirts that I could wear, Leon bought a skateboard, and Brent bought a hat that made him look like a skater. We walked out of the store and Leon suggested that Brent and I come over to his place to meet his friends and go to the beach.

“I probably can’t go because I’m hanging out with my brother and all his friends at Naomi’s house so I don’t think you should go either Naomi,” Brent stated.

“Leon can you leave Brent and me alone for one second I need to speak with him,” I asked. Leon looks a me weird and left. I turn toward Brent and give him a ‘wtf’ look. “Brent, I know that I should stay at home and hang out with you, Brian and the rest of the gang but I think I should try and make more friends then just you guys because I don’t want to cling onto you or the rest of them for help. So please understand that I want to hang out with Leon,” I said. He gives me a sad look on his but a reassuring smile that he understands.

Brent and I went searching for Leon who was in Libs looking at random hats. I told him that I would come to his house to meet some of his friends; he smiled at the thought of my coming. Therefore, we went back on the search for Brian and McKenna.

(Brian P.O.V.)

I watch McKenna put on her 17th outfit from this store and I just keep nodding for a sign of approval for McKenna.

“McKenna these outfits all look great on you but right now we need to find Naomi, Brent, and Leon so we could go home and I can go to my party. And, I’ll even let you get all the clothes if you hurry up and get back into you regular clothes,” I said to McKenna. She went back into the dressing room and got back into her clothes in a matter of seconds. We put all the clothes together and left toward the cash register. As I was about to swipes my dad’s credit card through the machine, a pair of hands covers my eye to blind me.

“Guess who?” the familiar voice says.

I took the hands off my eyes and looked at my ex-girlfriend. “Hey Michelle, how are you? How’s are you and Tony doing?” I asked as I pay for McKenna clothes.

“Tony and I broke up and I am doing fine. So what are you doing?”

“Well I just finished school clothes shopping with McKenna here and now we are going to look for Brent and his friend so him and I can go to a party.”

“Ow a party Val didn’t mention that at home. Mind if I come?”

“Sure but you going to have to bring your own car. Mine is kind of filled at the moment.”

“Sure. Where is it anyway?”

I was about to speak as when a voice interrupts me. ”Its right next door to Brian’s house, it’s the new one that was built like 10 months ago. I live there,” said Naomi. Michelle turns and sees Naomi, Brent, and Leon entering the store.

“Hey where have you three been? McKenna and I were just about to go look for you when Michelle showed up,” I said.

“We buy a few things and just walked around looking for you. By the way I’m Naomi and this is Leon,” Naomi said while sticking her hand out for Michelle to shake.

“I’m Michelle, Brian ex-girlfriend,” she replies while shaking Naomi’s hand.

“Okay so since everyone is here, can we please drop Leon off and then we could go to your house,” I begged while walking out of the store.

“Yeah sure Brian but I’m not staying for the party. Leon invited me to hang out with his friends on the beach to night.”

“But I thought you were going to be then parental vision for the party?”

“Brian, it’s just going to be you and a bunch of your friends drinking beer and eating hot dogs and hamburgers. I think your old enough to hold yourself’,” she replies and gets in the car after McKenna.

God getting this girl is going to be hard then I ever thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think