Status: On Break

Dark Lords, Hogwarts and Snake Talk, Oh My

To Assume Makes an Ass Out of You and Me

Draco's POV

I stood there, flabbergasted. Did I just get out insulted by a Potter? I was obvious that she was different from her brother, and far more challenging. She didn't play into anything I said. Did that girl have any feelings at all. No, 'thank you Draco' or 'Wow Draco, you're my hero' or 'let me repay you by going up to your room for a shag.'

After I had regained my composure, I walked back into the Great Hall, making sure to keep control on everything. I winked at Potter, just to make sure she didn't get the last word, and my reputation stayed in tact. She ignored it and turned away from me.

I returned to the Slytherin table and was instantly bombarded with questions. Luckily I had a way to answer everyone's questions at once, I smirked.

Ella's POV

Draco re-entered the Great Hall with that pompous at all times walk. He winked at me, probably to protect his precious reputation. I simply turned away from Draco, and turned my attention back to the conversation at the table.

"I don't care what the ministry says, muggles should always be informed of important things taking place in the wizarding world," Rea was saying.

"It's safer for wizards and muggles if muggles remain blissfully unaware of things until they become a major threat," a nice girl named Ariana countered.

"But if we inform them in a way so as not to reveal anything about the existence of wizards. They should know if something is at risk of affecting their lives," Rea responded.

"But if we inform them right away it could result in total chaos. Muggles panic when even the slightest hint of danger is thrown their way. They freak out about thunder storms for heaven's sake," Gregory, a very opinionated fourth year added.

"Muggles are not as dumb as you may think," I responded, "I was raised by them and around them, and most of them are highly intelligent."

"Oh, and I should trust a muggle-born second year, in matters of ministry importance. I think you may be a little bias towards muggles."

"I was raised by the most obnoxious people I have ever met, and spent the first eleven years of my life sleeping in a cupboard under the stairs, which, might I add, I shared with my brother!"

He stared at me, shocked, "and you still think muggles can be intellegent?"

"Yes, my neighbors were very nice people, who held important jobs and raised their kids in a healthy manner. Just because I was raised by my aunt and uncle doesn't mean I have any less respect for the muggle comunity," I replied, "Oh, and just to straighten things up, my parents were very respectable in the wizarding community, so I would appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions about them."

"Sorry," Gregory replied meakly, "I just assumed that if you were raised by muggles, you must be muggle-born."

"Well, to assume makes an ass out of you and me," I smiled.

~Now for the good part~

I had come to enjoy the looks on people's faces when I told them who my parents were. Most people thought that if I was raised by muggles I must be a muggle-born, but they were sadly mistaken when I revealed my identity.

"Lily and James Potter were definately not muggles, and I really don't think they deserve to be assumed muggles." I smiled at the shocked expression on Gregory's face.

Rachel, Tara, Libby, and Cho had remained quiet throughout this whole side conversation, but couldn't hold back much longer. They were sniggering behind their hands, trying to hold back laughter.

"I-I," Gregory was saying, attempting to form words, "Can, can I see it." He gestured to his forehead.

"I guess," I sighed, and brushed my bangs out of my face so he could see my scar.

I let my hair fall back into my face, and snapped my fingers for Rachel and Tara to follow me. We stood up and walked out of the Great Hall with complete dignity.

Once we were out of the hall, however, we started to laugh.

"What's so funny, Potter?" I heard a voice from behind me and we all stopped laughing to see who it it was.

"Why do you want to know?" I smirked, turning to face the speaker.

There stood, Crabbe, Goyle, Malfoy, Pansy, and Zabini.

"I thought you didn't give a shit 'Pothead's sister'. Oh wait, that's not right," I paused in mock thought, "Ah yes, you just don't want them to know you gave a shit about Pothead's sister."

His friends were all staring at him now.

"Don't listen to her. She's a bloody Ravenclaw, and a POTTER!" Draco attempted to save himself.

"Hhm, I am a Ravenclaw, and therefore, very fond of trivia. Let's play a game, shall we?" I smirked, "Who saved the Potter girl when she passed out in the corridor a few days ago?"

Draco's smug expression left his face, "Come on Malfoy. You know the answer," I taunted.

He just folded his arms across his chest.

"Oh, I know. I know." Rachel was jumping up and down, waving her hand in the air.

Tara pushed her hand down quickly, but I didn't care if Rachel was a little strange sometimes. I used it to my advantage.

"Oh come on, Malfoy. Even Rachel knows. Hey Tara, do you know the answer?" She nodded, "See, Tara knows too. Now tell your friends in case they haven't guessed it too."

Draco sneered at me and turned to leave, "come on guys. We don't need to take this from her."

"No Draco, I want to hear this," Pansy said, suprising all of us.

Draco looked worried as Pansy put her hand on her hip. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the group.

"Ouch," I said, yankihng my arm from his grip and stoking it gently.

"Look, Potter, enough of this. What do you want?"

I smirked, "I won't tell them," I gestured towards his friends, who were getting impatient, "if you tell me why."

Draco shook his head, "whatever, just don't tell them."

I nodded, feeling we had reached an agreement.

"So, you gonna tell us or what?" Pansy asked, upon our return.

I grinned at her, "Na."

I gave one last glance at Draco and walked off with Tara and Rachel, leaving a very pissed off looking Pansy.

"So why didn't you tell them?" Tara asked once we had entered the common room.

I shrugged, "I got what I wanted."

"And what was that?"

I entered our dormitory and laid back on my bed, "Answers."

Silence.

I sat up to see them both looking at me with confused expressions.

I sighed and said, "Draco's going to tell me why he did it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that's the new one. Still really short, but oh well. FILLERS!