Status: On Break

Dark Lords, Hogwarts and Snake Talk, Oh My

Is Someone a Little Jealous?

I pulled Draco down the hallway, laughing as we searched for a safe place to hide.

We had been talking and kissing in a corridor near the library until we heard voices that sounded like my brother's friend, Ron and some other boys, so naturally we'd taken off. They had been walking our direction and were clearly following the sound of our laughing and footsteps. My brother's friends were always so damn curious. After only a little over a week of sneaking around we weren't about to get caught.

I giggled as Draco tugged on my arm, pulling me into a closet that I'd nearly missed.

He put a finger to my lips, "shh."

I attempted to suppress my giggles as we waited for the footsteps to disappear.

"Lumos," I said as soon as the coast was clear.

I looked around the room. It was small with a shelf stocked with cleaning supplies covering one wall and a mop, bucket and broom in one corner. Draco was standing about five inches in front of me. I estimated the closet to be no more than four feet by two feet. In other words, small closet.

Draco looked around and seemed to notice the same thing because a smirk played across his features and before I knew it I was pressed up against the door with Draco's lips on mine.

I kissed back instantly, allowing him access to the inside of my mouth. Draco's kiss was passionate and lust filled, but I could feel the care radiating from him. I could tell he was trying his hardest to control himself so as not to push me too far. His respect for my boundaries only made me like him that much more.

After a few minutes of making out I pushed Draco off of me.

"Draco, we need to stop," I spoke, slightly out of breathe.

He looked confused and put on his best pouty face. Just looking at that face nearly made me give in. Draco sensed this and leaned in again.

I chuckled and held him back, "Sorry, but Harry's bombarding my mind and you-" I pushed him away as he made another attempt to steal a kiss- "are making it very hard to concentrate."

"Fine," Draco muttered, pulling away reluctantly and crossing his arms over his chest as he pouted.

I rolled my eyes and opened my mind so I could talk to my brother and find out why he was freaking out. Even through the barriers I'd set up, I could still sense his anxiety and urgency.

Iknowhopenedthechamberfiftyearsago- ah but it can't be!

My head was spinning from how fast and chaotic Harry's mind was being. Draco caught me as my knees buckled from the attack on my mind.

I smiled my thanks to Draco before turning my attention to my crazy brother.

Slow down.

Wha- Oh, sorry, sis. I'm just really upset.

"What's the parselmouth done to you?" Draco asked. He sounded concerned and angry at the same time.

"He hasn't done anything, and I'm a parselmouth to," I defended, making a shushing gesture so Harry wouldn't find out who I was with.

What are you upset about, Harry? I asked, calmly though my mind.

Remember that diary I found?

I thought back to the black book that Harry had been carrying around for the past few weeks.

Sure, the old ratty one from fifty years ago. What about it?

It talked to me?

It did what?

At this point I was beginning to think my brother'd gone crazy.

Well not speaking in the traditional sense of the word. Rather, it had words appear on the page that were directed towards me.

Uh...hu

I still didn't believe him completely.

And when I wrote back it responded.

Right. Um, Harry have you been feeling alright? Any dizziness? Lightheaded?

Harry sighed so I could feel it. I'm not imagining thing, Ella. It's been bewitched to do what it's doing.

And what else has it been doing?

It showed me the past. It showed me Hagrid getting expelled for having a monster in the school.

Well Harry, we all knew Hagrid was expelled.

It was at the same time as the opening of the chamber the last time. The boy who caught him thought Hagrid had opened it. The same boy who owned the diary.

I sighed and looked pleadingly at Draco. What was I supposed to do? I liked Hagrid and it didn't seem all that likely that he'd do this, but if Harry was doubting him it was hard for me not to doubt him too.

Relax. Maybe you could talk to Hagrid. Get his side of the story?

I don't know.

Well what do you want me to do?

Can you come have a talk with me, Ron and Hermione?

I sighed again.

Yeah, sure, why not?

I closed off my mind and looked up at Draco, apologetically. He groaned, knowing that I would only look at him like that if I had to go.

"I'm sorry, but Harry needs me," I said.

"Of course," Draco replied, sounding agitated.

"Draco, you know I wouldn't go if it weren't important."

"Whatever," Draco grumbled, turning away.

"Draco," I pleaded, walking up and putting a hand on his shoulder.

He brushed it off, still not looking at me.

"Draco, come on. You know I would much rather be here with you, but Harry needs my help on this one."

"I know," He replied, turning to face me, "I just don't like him. And I don't like the fact that you're always going to choose him over me."

I sighed and looked pleadingly at Draco, "Can we talk about this later? I'll explain to you about the connection between me and my brother."

"Yeah, go ahead. Do your sibling thing," Draco said, gesturing towards the door.

"Thank you. I'll see you in an hour in the astronomy tower," I said quickly, before kissing his cheek and running out the door.

When I arrived int the great hall, Harry, Ron and Hermione were already seated and seemed to be having an important discussion.

"Hi guys," I said, taking a seat next to them.

I smiled weakly at the rest of the table, feeling extremely uncomfortable among all the Gryffindors.

"We were just discussing the predicament and we don't think Hagrid meant to do anything," Hermione explained, "He loves magical creatures and probably just6 underestimated the abilities of his pet."

"That sounds reasonable," I agreed.

"Well if he did open it again and his monster is loose around the school, we need to do something about it," Harry pointed out.

"We could just ask him," Hermione pointed out.

"Oh yeah, that'd go over great, 'Hey Hagrid, have you set anything hairy and large loose in the school?'" Ron replied.

At this point, I spaced out. Draco walked in, looking over at the Ravenclaw table before realizing I wasn't there and looking around the room to find me sitting with the Gryffindors. He glared at my brother and Ron. I raised an eyebrow at him. Draco merely shrugged and smirked at me before turning around and making his way to his own table.

I smirked inwardly before turning back to the conversation which had now turned to quiditch. I sat there for a moment and then giggled, touching Ron's arm lightly. He seemed shocked, as did everyone else around us.

I leaned over and whispered in Hermione's ear, "I'm trying to make a guy jealous. Ron seemed to be a good choice, considering he's the only boy around here who I know, besides my brother."

She nodded and began to play along.

Harry and Ron both looked baffled as Hermione and I started talking animatedly about our hair.

I turned to Ron, "What do you think Ron? Would I make a cute blonde?"

Ron turned a vibrant shade of red as he attempted to stutter through his response, "I....w-well, I suppose, I mean, er...well if you...not that I don't think, I just...I-I n-n-never...er...I guess y-you could s-say that"- he glanced at Harry who had an eyebrow raised as if to say, 'Please Ron, do tell us what think about my sister.' -"b-blonde might...erm...suit.you?"

I giggled and touched his arm again, ignoring the weird looks I was receiving from my brother and a few others who had tuned in to our conversation.

"Oh Ron, you're so cute when you're nervous," I cooed.

Ron blushed an even deeper shade of red and I giggled again.

"No need to be embarrassed. I love shy guys," I chided, glancing in Daco's direction as I felt his eyes on me.

He was glaring daggers at both me and Ron. I smirked, having accomplished my goal, and turned my attention back to the tomato that was Ron Weasley.

Hermione was in the process of spewing some nonsense about what a great couple Ron and I would make.

I smiled brightly, "Well I must be going, buckets of homework. But I'll be seeing you," I looked directly at Ron as I said that last part.

I nodded to Harry and Hermione before leaning across the table and kissing Ron's cheek.

I skipped out of the great hall, feeling Draco's gaze on me as I left the shocked Wealey behind at the table.

I smirked as I heard footsteps behind me before I was shoved roughly into a wall at the entrance to a corridor leading away from the great hall.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Draco growled.

I put on my most innocent smile, making my eyes big and pouting my lips, "What was what, Draco," I played dumb, my sugary words sliding off my tongue with ease.

"You know very well what," Draco replied through gritted teeth.

"Nope," I said in a slightly childish tone.

Draco pushed his body against mine so I was tapped between him and the wall. My smile faltered slightly, but I quickly returned it to its place. We just stood there, me smiling and him glaring, until Draco finally spoke.

"Fuck you," He muttered, taking a step back.

"Now now, Draco, this is not the time or place for that," I chided.

"I bet it would be for Weasley," He grumbled.

"Is someone a little jealous?" I patronized.

Draco just glared in response.

"Well what I do with Weasley is none of your business," I smirked.

"It is if you're my girlfriend," Draco growled.

"Well then it's a good thing I'm not!"

Draco growled at me again and stormed off down the hall. I scowled as I watched him leave; what had started as a little game was now a full out battle.