Status: Hiatus

Killing's Just A Game

I'd Kill You For A Klondike Bar

He jerked slightly as his back hit the rough brick wall. I kept kissing him, keeping him oblivious to the scene unfolding. I had him exactly where I wanted him. He was cornered now, a defenseless animal. There was nothing he could do, no where he could run. All that was left was getting the deed over with.

"Mel? What's going on?" he asked me, voice a mix of excitement and apprehension..

I pressed my body against his, trying my hardest to look seductive. I'd planned this from the very beginning, and he had no idea. He thought he was about to get lucky.

"I have to tell you something, Nate," I whispered, feeling him wrap his arms around me.

He was so easy, so trusting.

"What is it, Sweetie?" he questioned, pushing a lock of my hair behind my ear. I bit my bottom lip and looked downward, switching from sexy to innocent and ashamed.

"I've been lying to you about my job," I began, "I'm not a dental hygienist."

He chuckled and rolled his eyes, "I figured as much. You never flossed, you know."

"How observant," I noted. I'd have to do better covering up next time.

"So what do you do for a living then?" Nate pulled me closer, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "You know you can tell me, I'd never judge you."

"Don't jump to conclusions," I sighed.

He moved his hands to my shoulders and pushed me away from him, so that he could look into my eyes. Nate shook his head from side to side before speaking again.

"Seriously, Babe," he insisted, "Your job makes no difference to me. The only thing I care about is you."

His words were more than sincere. However, he froze when he felt something hard poke him in the chest. Nate looked down, where I had my pistol aimed straight at his heart.

"Well if my job makes no difference, I suppose you won't mind me doing it then," I purred silkily.

"What the hell, Mel?" he nearly screamed, backing away from me and beginning to shake.

"Nathan Baum, you've been dating an assassin. How does it feel?" I boomed in my best game show host voice.

He was trembling now, eyes darting back and forth looking for somewhere to run. There was no where. I'd selected this alley specifically for this purpose. No one could see us. No one could hear us. No one would find his body for days.

"You can't do this to me, I love you," Nate pleaded, glancing between my eyes and the gun in my hand.

"Awh, Sugar," I groaned, "That would be a great excuse, if I loved you back."

"We've been dating for months. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

I laughed and twisted my lips into a smirk. "Just doing my job, man."

Nate's face began to change. It went from terrified and upset to outraged and betrayed.

"Who hired you?" he demanded.

"I'm sorry, we have a strict killer, client confidentiality program at my firm," I joked.

"So what, people just call you guys up and say 'Hey, come kill my friend. I'll give you a million bucks.'?" Nate chided me, stubborn and arrogant even in the face of death.

"Yeah, basically," I answered lightly, shrugging my shoulders a bit.

"So how much are they paying you then, Mel? A hundred thousand dollars? A million? More?" Nate pressed, trying his best to sound fierce. I put my face close to his, feeling his jagged breath on my lips.

"Oh Baby, it didn't take that much money," I cooed, cocking the pistol with a deafening click.

"I'd kill you for a Klondike bar."

I pulled the trigger, and began strolling out of the alley, not waiting to watch his lifeless body slump to the ground. He wasn't worth that, he was much too easy to get rid of.

When my pistol was stashed safely inside my leather jacket, I pulled out my cell phone. I punched in the familiar number and listened to it ring.

"Hello?" an eager voice chimed on the other end.

"Hello, Mrs. Baum. It's Melanie. I would just like to inform you that your husband will never cheat on you again. Thank you for your business."

With that I snapped my phone shut and set off for the bar. I definitely could use a drink.

Or ten.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first MCR fan fic, and I can guarantee you that it won't be your typical fan girl writing. I would love questions, comments, and suggestions; so feel free to tell me what you think!