Like The Oddest Movie

Like The Oddest Movie

Exactly when he realised he was sexually attracted to boys as opposed to girls, Zephyr Way couldn’t tell you. But he knew it was a true fact as he straddled the hips of the boy beneath him, leaning down to kiss him.

Connor was four years older than seventeen-year-old Zephyr and more experienced, but Zephyr was keen on trying and there had never been much wrong with his confidence. He smirked down at the other boy, hands teasing under his T-shirt, pushing it up slightly to reveal skin free to touch. The male body was so much more intriguing than the female, in Zephyr’s eyes. The muscles, the flat chest, the straight lines... He leaned down to kiss Connor’s belly button, licking it just quickly before trailing a line up to his chest, pushing the shirt up as he went along. Circling a nipple, he flicked the tip of his tongue over it before sitting up slightly, gauging Connor’s reaction.

The older boy was smiling at him. “You’re a natural.”

With another smirk, Zephyr gave the T-shirt a tug. “Off,” he demanded, surprised for a second by his own voice. He had yet to get used to his voice now it had stopped breaking at the most inappropriate times. Low voice or not, Connor obeyed, tossing the shirt on the floor and, knowing full well what impact he had on Zephyr, cocking his head with an unsaid invitation in his eyes.

When it came to interactions of this kind, Zephyr had a few weaknesses, one being his apparent inability to hide his eagerness. This was of course a matter of experience and one he would later master to a T (when not drunk). But right now, it was obvious that he was enjoying his current position, and he ran his hands up Connor’s torso, fingers playing over nipples before Zephyr bent down to replace finger tips with lips and tongue. Alternately nibbling and licking his way up to Connor’s face, he stopped short of the older boy’s lips, eyelids fluttering shut as he bit his lip.

Another major weakness of Zephyr’s was his sensitivity to touch, something that could really be both good and bad. The reason for his sudden break-off was oh so simple and yet so very clever. Connor was the one to smirk now, as he caressed Zephyr’s crotch through the tight jeans, watching the younger boy trying to maintain a straight face as well as his self-control. Zephyr had a long way to go, but this was part of what was so intriguing about him. As the boy buried his face in Connor’s neck and gave a moan, Connor couldn’t help letting out a short laugh. It was tempting to see how long it would take for him to take Zephyr to the edge just with words and his hands’ caresses, because he knew it could be done. As stated, Zephyr had a long way to go, and things to learn. And Connor doubted he’d mind being taught a few things.

“You like that, hm?” he asked casually, receiving another moan in return. “I thought so. You want some more?”

To be polite, he waited until he heard Zeph’s breathed ‘yes’ in his ear before single-handedly undoing the boy’s belt and trousers, slipping a hand inside to cup his erection through his underwear. Zephyr’s hips were already moving slightly into his hand, and Connor smiled at the impatience on display.

“There, there, Zeph... Be still. You have to be still. Don’t ruin my fun, you hear?”

A shiver went through Zephyr’s body as he forced himself to lay still, his breathing heavy in Connor’s ear. There was no denying he was overwhelmed by Connor’s sudden taking charge of the situation, and whilst he felt a tiny sting of annoyance that he’d not been allowed to go on as he pleased, he would be the last one to complain about what was currently happening. As Connor began to stroke him through the fabric of his underwear, the sensation of pleasure shot through him and drew another moan from his throat as he bore his face into the other man’s shoulder. He felt every tiny movement of the hand touching him, as the fingers painfully slowly found their way inside the underwear lining, tickling, teasing...

He sure as hell didn’t hear the door to his room open. Besides, they had been alone in the house, Zephyr’s parents supposed to be working. So was Zephyr, really – Thursdays were school days – but he’d found a much better pastime. However, one should never take things for granted, and sometimes it better to be safe than sorry, but Zephyr had simply assumed his parents wouldn’t be home until four o’clock, at the earliest. The half alarmed, half angered exclamation of ‘Zephyr!’ however was all he needed to realise he’d been wrong.

The sudden interruption effectively threw Zephyr back into awareness of his surroundings, and in a few confused moments he managed to get himself off of Connor, the older boy quickly moving to one end of the bed as Zephyr got to his feet at the other. As if things weren’t bad enough with getting walked in on, Zephyr’s eyes widened as he saw just who stood in the doorway.

Rowan Way wasn’t a narrow-minded man. But walking in on your teenage son in bed brought a reaction of some kind from any parent, and the fact that he’d just seen Zephyr on top of another boy had just been double the unexpected. He knew his son had brought girls home every now and then, even if none of them hung on for very long, but what he didn’t know was that neither of them had accompanied him to bed in any serious fashion. The scene currently before him, with his son staring at him and blushing deep red, and another boy sitting shirtless on the bed, was just very confusing to him.

“Button your trousers,” he threw out to Zephyr, the boy hurriedly doing as he was told, fumbling with zipper, button and belt. “And who are you?” he then asked, with his attention to the other boy.

“Connor Rhinehart, sir.”

Zephyr was suddenly hit by a delayed wave of defensive anger, forehead creasing as he clenched his fist, trying to ignore the blush on his face. “Fucking knock, dad! You can’t fucking just come in, this is my room!”

“In my house,” Rowan replied in a tone that accepted no contradictions.

“Well... Get out! Get the fuck out!”

“Zephyr, don’t you use that tone to me.”

Zephyr just wanted his father to disappear. Things were fucked up good and proper, now could he go away? As Connor came up next to him, Zephyr’s angry expression turned to one of worry. The older boy glanced at him, before looking at Rowan.

“I’m sorry if I caused any problems, Mr Way. I didn’t mean to put Zeph in trouble.”

Rowan looked at him for a few moments. “How old are you?”

“Twenty-one, sir.”

“Do you know how old my son is?”

“Seventeen.”

“Does that bother you?”

Connor looked hard pressed for an appropriate answer. “With all due respect, sir, we weren’t doing anything lawfully wrong.”

“Hm,” was all the reply he got. “Well, it was nice meeting you, Connor.”

There wasn’t a need for a more straightforward order to leave, and Connor did so without any further looks at Zephyr. This was very disheartening to the younger boy, convinced that his father had ruined everything. Add to this the embarrassment and the guilt he actually felt, even though it was most irrational, and you had very dejected Zephyr Way. Turning away from his father and moving over to his bed, he sat down on it with his head hanging like a puppy’s, when it knows it has done something wrong. Picking at his wrinkled bed cover, he awaited whatever his father had to say.

Rowan looked at his son’s back, letting out a sigh. He didn’t know where to start, especially as he wasn’t really angry, but rather just very surprised. The sound of the front door opening and closing indicated Connor’s leave, and Rowan looked back over his shoulder for a short moment before turning forward again.

“Zephyr... I’m sorry.”

No reply.

“Look, I’m not angry, just—”

“Please, dad. Just go.”

There were tears in Zephyr’s voice, and an urgency that was not to be questioned. After seventeen years, Rowan knew his son well enough to know when it was better to leave him alone than to try and fix things. Closing the door, he remained with his hand on the handle for a minute, the sounds of Zephyr’s sobbing alternating from angry to sad to actual crying, before being disguised by the sound of Fall Out Boy. Played at a volume that would usually lead to either Rowan or Bo telling their son to turn the music down, for now Rowan let Zephyr have his way. Music seemed to help the boy cope with major feelings, so right now it was probably for the best.

‘I served out my detention
And in the end I got an honorable mention
In the movie of my life, starring you
Instead of me
When the moonlight hits your bright eyes I go blind
And maybe next time
I'll remember not to tell you something stupid like I'll never leave your side…’
♠ ♠ ♠
Originally a narrative/character development/backstory for my character Zephyr Way in an RPG, I really like how it came out, so I'm sharing it with you. Characters are fully my creation, no stealing. Title from Fall Out Boy, as well as end quote in the story.