One Night Stands

A Dozen Or So Roses

Valentines Day.

Oh Joy.

Another holiday I get to spend without David. He was on Tour with his band again. But it's not like he would come and see me just because it was Valentines Day. We were only best friends after all. But what David didn't know was that he was more than just a best friend to me. I was in Love with him. I had been since we were in high school. But I had never told him. Nor would I ever. He had tons of girls screaming his name and ready to throw themselves at him everyday and I was just the girl he grew up with.

I was sitting in my living room watching TV when my door bell rang. I sighed. Why did I even bother? I knew it wasn't going to be David. He was suppose to be in Maine. Which was on the other side of the country from me.

I opened the door to see a man holding flowers.

"Umm, Can I help you?" I asked.

"Heather Hawthorne?" the guy asked.

"Yes.." I said slowly still really confused.

The guy handed me the flowers. "These are for you. Sent by a" he looked at a card in his hand "D. Blaise" he smiled at me "Have a happy Valentine's Day" he added then walked off my porch and down the street. I looked at the flowers. Red Roses. My favorite. I looked at the card.

'Happy Valentines Day Heather
<3
D. Blaise'


I sighed. Dan must of told David I was upset I never got to see him anymore. I walked to the kitchen and pulled out a vase and filled it with water. I had just put the Roses in the vase when my door bell rang again.

"Now what?" I asked myself as I walked to the front door. I opened it to see a different guy holding roses again.

"Can I help you?" I asked confused. Who else would send me flowers?

"Heather Hawthorne?" the guy asked.

"Yes" I answered.

He handed me the flowers. "These are for you. From a D. Blaise"

"But I already got flowers from David" I said smelling the roses.

I looked up to see the guy had already left. I closed the door and walked to the kitchen to add these Roses to the one I had gotten earlier. I had just put them in the vase when the door bell rang Again.

"Not more flowers?" I said confused. I opened the door. But this time it wasn't a guy holding roses.

It was David, holding a single red rose.

"David?" I asked confused "shouldn't you be-" I was cut off by David pressing his lips to mine. I backed into the house, David's lips still attached to mine and his arms wrapped around my waist.

"David what are you doing?" I asked smiling as I pulled my lips away from his.

"Dan told me you were upset that I wasn't around. Quite honestly I missed you too" he said lacing my fingers with his own. "I never told you before Heather, because I was afraid of how you would react"

"Told me what?" I asked looking at his as he looked at the ground.

He looked up at me and pressed his lips to mine again.

"That I love you" he whispered. "I have loved you for the longest time. But I could never seem to tell you"

I smiled and kissed him "I Love You Too" I said softly.

A smile spread across his face and he kissed me again.

Happy Valentines Day