One Night Stands

Spend The Rest Of Your Days Rocking Out

"Jessica!" someone yelled and attacked me with a hug.

I had been on my way to Starbucks so I wouldn't fall asleep later that night when I was studying.

"Mikey!"

"I haven't seen you in ages" he said smiling.

"I saw you an hour ago" I said laughing.

"Well that is way too long to be away from my best friend" he said releasing me from the hug.

"Well that's what you get for going to band practice instead of hang-out with me" I said poking him.

"Well maybe if you would actually come and watch me at band practice" he said poking me back.

"I have to do my homework, unlike some loser who joined a band instead of going to collage" I said laughing.

We entered Starbucks and ordered our Coffee and sat down to wait.

"I'm going to be a famous Rockstar one day and then you will understand why I joined a band instead of going to Collage" he said smiling at me.

"Sure ya will Mikey" I said patting his shoulder "Sure you will"

"I will" he said pouting.

"Like I said" I said smiling and standing up to get my order "Sure you will"

"What are you gonna do after collage?" Mikey asked as he walked me home later.

"How many times have I told you?" I asked smiling and looking at him.

"Not nearly enough apparently" he said smiling back.

"I wanna write" I said putting my hands in my pockets.

"Maybe some day you'll interview me and Gerard's band" he said smiling at me.

"Maybe" I said smiling back as we reached my door. "Night Mikey" I said standing on the porch of the house I shared with two friends.

"Night Jessica, sweet dreams" he said before placing a kiss on my lips, turning and walking away.

I stood there for a moment watching him walk away.

Why had he kissed me?

I wish he would of kissed me again

Did he like me more than just a friend?

I had always liked him as more than just my best friend

I figured I would ask him the next day as I walked into the house.

But I never did.

That was the last time I saw Mikey.

The next day he left with his band for tour without even saying good-bye.

Two years later I was following my dreams and working at AP magazine. I really don't think I had changed much over the years, just missed Mikey more and More.

"Hey Jessica?" Mark, my boss, asked knocking as he opened the door.

"Ya?" I asked smiling at him.

"My Chemical Romance is here"

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Don't tell you forgot" he said sighing. "The band that you have been suppose to interview for a couple weeks but they kept having to reschedule" he reminded me.

"Oh" I said instantly remembering "Send them in" I added smiling.

A few minutes later 5 guys walked in.

The first one had short bleach blond hair, I could tell it was dyed that way due to the fact that one, no ones hair was that white and two it didn't match his dark eye brows.

For some reason he looked familiar.

The second guy had blond hair as well, but it wasn't as white as the first guy's and he also had a Lip ring.

The third guy had short black hair and also had a lip ring. He was shorter than all the others and had a lot of tattoos.

The forth guy had long curly Brown hair. He had no viable tattoo or piercings.

The fifth one looked really, really familiar. His hair was black and he too had no piercings. But there was something about his eyes that made me think I had seen him before.

"Welcome" I said standing up and smiling. "My Name is-"

"Jessica?" the one with short black hair and no piercings said cutting me.

I looked at him confused "Have we met?" I asked.

He smiled at me "A long time ago"

"Really?" I asked smiling as well "What's your name?" I asked.

"Mikey" he said his smile getting wider "Mikey Way"

I stared at him wide eyes "Mikey?!" I asked smiling.

"Long time no see" he said still smiling.

"Oh My God. I haven't seen you in ages" I said attacking him with a hug.

"What has it been like two years?" Mikey asked hugging me tightly.

"Sounds about right. What happened to your glasses?" I asked.

"I don't need them anymore, I haven't for a while" he said smiling.

"Well I would of known that if Some loser hadn't left without saying good-bye two years ago" I said glaring at him playfully.

"Blame Gerard not me" he said pointing at the guy with bleach blond hair and no piercings.

I looked at the guy "Gerard?" I asked giving him a funny look. "What did you do to your hair?" I asked smiling.

"Nice to see you too Jessica" he said laughing and gave me a hug.

The other 3 guys just looked at us.

"Oh this is Ray" Mikey said pointing to the guy with really curly brown hair "I think you met him once"

"Oh ya. Hi" I said shaking his hand.

"And you have never met Frank" Mikey said pointing to the guy with black hair and tattoos "He joined a little time after we started touring and that" he pointed to the guy with blond hair and lip ring "Is bob, our drummer"

"Drummer?" I asked confused "What happened to Matt?"

"Long story" Gerard said smiling. "We all need to catch up" he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Yes we do" I said smiling. "Mark" I called.

"Ya?" he asked coming through the door.

"I'm gonna for a coffee break" I said smiling and grabbing my purse from my desk.

"What about the interview?" he asked confused.

"They're coming with me" I said smiling "Turns out the singer and Bass player we're two of my best friends in growing up" I said laughing.

"Small World" Mark said looking at Mikey and Gerard.

"I'll do the interview while we are gone" I added walking out of my office, they guys following me.

"Okay" Mark said still looking confused.

15 minutes later the six of us were sitting at star bucks laughing as Mikey, Gerard and I told stories about each other in high school.

"That was not my fault!" I said when Gerard started telling about the time he, Mikey and I all got detention for taking over the intercom and locking the principle out of his office.

"It was your idea" Gerard said laughing.

"Ya, well at least I didn't steal my best friend's eyeliner all the time" I said pushing him playfully.

Gerard shrugged "You had nice eyeliner"

"Your such a weirdo" I said laughing.

"But I'm your weirdo" he said smiling.

"You know last time we saw each other we had gone to starbucks" Mikey said as we walked back toward our cars.

"Last time we saw each other you kissed me and then walked off" I said looking at him.

"Ya, I did" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Why?" I asked.

He stopped and looked at me.

"Why what?" he asked.

"Why did you kiss me?"

He looked at me for a moment before leaning down and kissing me "Because I liked you a lot and I still do" he said smiling.

"Then why did you leave?" I asked.

"I was afraid you didn't feel the same way" he said rubbing the back of his neck again.

I smiling and pulled him into a kiss "Do you have any idea how many time I wished you would of said that to me in high school?" I asked.

"Probably about as many time as I wished you would have" Mikey said kissing me again.

"Then you left before ether of us ever did" I said looking at him sadly as I wrapped my arms around my his neck.

"Ya, I did" he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Don't leave me again?" I asked.

"Never" he said smiling and kissed me again this time longer.

Man I had missed that kid