One Night Stands

Cupid Got Me In A Chokehold

I was walking to work, listening to my Ipod when out of nowhere something hit me in the back of the head.

"Ouch! What the hell?" I asked looking to see what had hit me in the head.

A hacky sack.

Figures they were everywhere now a day.

I picked it up as I rubbed my head. It had the words Travis McCoy written on it.

Who the heck was Travis McCoy? I wondered.

"Hey sorry about that" someone said waking over to me.

"Is this yours?" I asked turning to look at the person.

"Ya" he said smiling.

"So your name must be Travis McCoy?" I asked handing the hacky sack to him.

"Ya," he said still smiling "What's your name?"

"Jewel" I said smiling "Jewel Daniels"

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl" he said smiling still.

I could feel myself blush. "Thanks" I mumbled.

"Travis we got to go!" someone called.

He looked behind him and then back at me "Sorry I got to go" he said before turning and walking away in the direction in which he had come.

I shrugged, turned and started walking again.

When I got to work I smiled at the smell of different kinds of food. I worked at a Cafe and loved it.

Great smelling food.

Awesome co-workers and great pay.

"Hey Jewel" Jessica said smiling as she walked past me.

"Hey" I said back walking into the kitchen and getting my waitress apron. I tied it around my waist and walked out to show people to their seats.

"Hey Jewel? Will you go take table 8's orders for me?" Heather asked.

"Uh, sure" I said turning and walking toward table 8.

"Hey, you guys ready to order?" I asked smiling.

One of the guys looked up at me and I was shocked to see it was the guy who had hit me in the head with the hacky sack.

"Hello" he said smiling.

"Hi" I said smiling back.

"You work here?" he asked.

"No I just like following random people to restraints and asking if I can take their orders" I said sarcastically.

"Haha, very funny" he said rolling his eyes "Kinda funny how we keep running into each other huh?" he asked.

"Ya" I said smiling "Ready to order?" I asked.

I took their orders and gave it to the cook and then went to take care of a couple other tables.

"Table 8" I heard Mark call and walked over and picked up the food and took it to Travis and his friends.

"You guys want anything else?" I asked.

"Just your phone number" Travis said smiling.

I blushed and figured he was joking.

"I'll be back with your bill in a couple minutes" I said before walking away.

I Came back with the bill to find them all done eating already. I set the bill on the table.

"Feel free to stay as long as you like" I said smiling, before turning to leave again. But someone grabbed my hand and stopped me. I turned to see Travis smiling at me.

"I was serious about getting your number" he said smiling.

I smiled back and took a pen out of the apron and wrote my number on his hand.

"It's not the number to Pizza hut is it?" He asked.

"No" I said laughing "I guess I'll see you around" I added before turning and going back to work.

Must Be My Lucky Day