One Night Stands

Cause I Need You More Than Just for Tonight

I need to get out of here.

I can't take this anymore.

This town will eat your soul if you're in it too long and that is exactly what it had done me.

Specifically after Martin left.

Martin had been my best friend growing up, we had met in preschool when he stuck up for me because these kids were picking on me. Ever since then we had been best friends.
But then he joined a band, which got signed and he left me. Music had always been important to him, but I never thought it was more important to him than I was.

So Martin lft with his band without even as much as a Good-bye, while I stayed Here In the town we grew up in.

No Phone calls.

No E-mails.

He had probably forgotten about me.

"Nikki!" My friend Jasmine yelled running into my room.

"Yes?" I asked turning to look at her.

"Guess what, Guess What" she asked happily jumping up and down.

"You ran out of your ADD Medicine I said watching her jump up and down.

She glared at me "No"

"Then what?" I asked.

"Martin is back" she said smiling.

"Huh?" I asked shocked.

"Martin Johnson" she said smiling "That guy you use to hang out with in school"

I just stared at her. Martin had been gone for a year now. Why was he back?

"Where is he?" I asked standing up.

Jasmine shrugged "Somewhere in town I suppose"

"You are not very helpful" I said walking past her and into my closet.

"What are you doing?" Jasmine asked.

"Changing and going to look for him" I said Changing out of my pajamas and into jeans and a T-shirt.

"You haven't seen him in a year Nikki, let alone talked to him"

"So?" I asked looking at her as I put on my shoes.

"What if he doesn't remember you?" he asked.

I looked at her sadly "I'll just have to hope he does" and with that I grabbed my hoodie and car keys and walked out my apartment door.

I knew I wouldn't have to look far if Martin hadn't forgotten about me. He would only be one place.

I got in my car and drove to the park were we use to play as kids. I saw someone sitting on one of the swings.

As I got closer I was more and more sure it was Martin. He was looking at the ground and kicking the dirt randomly.

"Long time no see" I said smiling, now standing in front of him.

"Nikki?" he asked looking at me shocked.

I smiled "You remember me?"

He jumped up from the swing and hugged me "How could I not remember the girl I shared my first kiss with, My first crush and so many other first?" he asked looking at me "But more important how could I not remember my best friend?"

"Well you haven't called or E-mailed me in a year" I pointed out.

"Ya, he said looking at the ground sadly, "Sorry about that"

"No Big Deal" I said shrugging.

"Yes it is a big Nikki" he said taking my hands in his. "I left last year without even saying good-bye. Then I didn't even try to make contact with you, I just left you to rot away in this stupid town"

"Why did you leave without saying good-bye?" I asked.

"I chickened out. I couldn't stand to say good-bye to the girl I was in love with" he said smiling at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked surprised.

"I was in love with you when I left" he said stroking my cheek "And I still am"

"How can you say you still love me when you haven't seen me in a year?" I asked.

He smiled at me "Because I can still feel my heart start to race when I see you, Your voice still makes my knees weak and that smile of your's still makes my heart melt" he said softly before leaning forward and kissing me softly. I kissed back wrapping my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

"I missed you" he said softly between kisses.

"I missed you too" I answered.