One Night Stands

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

"Danielle"

I turned, looked out my window and saw him smiling at me. I loved his smile. It was secretive an seductive at the same time.

It was that smile of his that had made me fall for him so quickly.

"Gerard" I said smiling and opened the window. "What are you doing here?"

He climbed in threw the window within seconds.

"I came to see you" he said softly and placed his hands on my hips, pulling me closer.

I smiled and rested my head on his chest. "You know if my father sees you, you're dead?"

"The problem with being in love with the daugther of a hunter" he said smirking.

"You know one day I will become a hunter as well?" I asked looking at him.

"I know" he said placing his hand on my cheek and kissing me softly. I could feel his sharp teeth against my bottom lip.

"Your blood would be as sweet as honey" he said softly and he pulled away from the kiss.

"Too bad you're never gonna taste it" I said smiling and pushed him away playfully.

"Someday maybe" he said a lightly kissed my neck.

"Danielle!" my father called knocking on my bedroom door.

I looked at the door then back at Gerard.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow" Gerard said and kissed my hand before disappearing out my window again.


That must of been at least 5 years ago. Back when I thought vampires could love and had the possibility of still having human feelings after having their souls ripped out when they were changed. I had been wrong. That had been the last time I saw Gerard.

He always said he would come back for me, take me away from the fighting and that he loved me. I was stupid to have believed him. All he had wanted was my blood. I had become a hunter like my father and his father before him and so on and so on.

I walked quietly down an alley way hunting. A lot of vampire attacks had been happening in the area in the last couple of weeks. As I walked I noticed someone standing at the end of the alley, watching me and blocking my way.

As I got closer the person seemed more and more familiar.

"Danielle?" the man asked stepping into the moon light.

"Gerard?!" I asked shock and stepped back.

"How long has it been?" he asked giving me that amazing smile.

"5 years" I said stiffly.

"5 years?" Gerard asked looking confused "It hasn't seemed more than a few days."

"Time is different when your mortal Vs. immortal" I said backing away as he walked closer.

"I offered to make you immortal once" he said softly and caught a hold of my arm.

"You just wanted my blood" I said trying to pull away but he was stronger.

Stupid vampire.

"No" he said softly and pulled me into a kiss "I wanted you for eternity."

"Why would you want an imperfect human like me?" I asked.

"You may be human, but to me you're more perfect than any vampire could ever be" he said and pulled me into another kiss.

I knew I was in love with a vampire

And I was happy