One Night Stands

Don't Believe A Word You Heard About Me

"Emelia go" my best friend and editor of the school newspaper, Joan said pushing me toward William.

"I don't want to" I wined.

"Just do it" she said and almost pushed me right into him.

It's not that I hated him.In fact I thought he was really cute

It's not that I didn't want to be around him.I would of loved to get to know him better

It was just that it was weird.Every time I tried to talk to him I froze up

"William?"

"Yes?" he asked turning that amazing smile to me.

"I-I'm Emelia and I was wondering..."

"Wondering?" he asked after I was silent a few moments, that smile still capturing his lips.

"If I could interview you for the school newspaper about the band you started with Adam, Andy, Tom and Mike?" I asked.

"Is that really what you came over here to ask me?" he asked seeming a little disappointed.

"Yes" I said a little confused.

What had he been expecting me to ask?

"I don't really like the idea of doing an interview" he said sighing but then smiled again "But anything for you" he added standing up.

Anything for you?

He was just being sweet.

The bell that told us lunch was over rang and I sighed.

"Darn it"

William smiled at me again "Don't worry about it," he said sweetly "Meet me outside after school and we can do the interview"

"Okay thanks" I said smiling before he walked off.

"Emelia!" a voice called as I walked out of the school.

I turned to see William smiling and waving at me.

I felt my heart race at the thought that he had remembered my name.

"Hi William" I said smiling, "Are you ready to go?"

"You bet" he sad smiling.

As we walked toward the park that was no more than two or three blocks from our school, I asked William questions like.

Where had they gotten the band name?

What did everyone do in the band?


or

Who was wrote the lyrics?

"Can I ask you a question?" William asked as we sat down in some swings.

"Sure" I said smiling.

"How come you have never talked to me before today?" he asked looking a little confused "We have classes together."

I looked at me feet "I dunno, I guess I was always afraid to talk to you"

I heard William chuckle and looked at him "Am I that scary?" he asked smiling.

"No" I said feeling my cheeks redden. "You're..."

"I'm what?" he asked.

"Nothing" I said looking away.

"Emelia?" William asked.

"Yeah?" I asked back looking at him.

The next thing I knew, William had pressed his lip to mine. He rested one hand on my cheek and the other on the back of my neck, while I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Emelia?" William asked, breaking the kiss.

"Yes" I asked wanting him to kiss me again.

"I've really liked you for a long time" he said resting his forehead against mine.

"I should of talked to you sooner" I said and kissed him. "I really like you too"

"Be my girlfriend?"

"I would love to" I said smiling.