One Night Stands

Feeling As Good As Lovers Can

I haven't seen Ryan in what seemed like forever, but had only been a year.

The last time I had seen him had not ended well.

"Lola you're being over dramatic" Ryan said rolling his eyes at me.

"How am I being over dramatic?" I asked, my eyes filling with tears. "You're breaking up with after we have been together for two years and not even telling me why"

"I just don't love you anymore" he said simply.

I looked at Brendon, who was standing next to Ryan and he gave me a sad look.

"Why not?" I asked, tears falling from my eyes now.

"I just don't" he said bluntly and walked away.

I could feel it start to rain.

"I'm sorry Brendon said softly to me.

"Brendon let's go!" Ryan snapped at him.

Brendon gave me a quick hug before running off after Ryan.


I did my best to push away the memory. The rain always reminded me of Ryan since that day.

A weeks later Ryan's band had finally taken off and they had left for tour. It was better like that though, I would accidentally run into him on the street. The only small connection I had to him was of course, I listened to his band and Brendon and I still talked sometimes.

Ring Ring Ring

My cell phone had started to go off.

I looked at the caller ID.

Brendon

"Hello?"

"Hey Lola"

"Hey Brendon, What's up?"

"Not much, just calling to see how you are doing"

"I'm pretty good" I said smiling a little. "How are you?"

"I'm fine" he said chuckling a little "Do you still live in the same apartment you use to?" he asked surprising me.

"Yes...Why?"

"Just wondering. I'll see you later" he answered sounding hurried.

"Okay...Bye"

"Bye"

I hung up my phone confused.

What.

Did he say See you later?

There was a knock on my door. I ran to it smiling, expecting it to be Brendon, but it wasn't.

"Hey Lola" Ryan said smiling weakly.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

Ryan placed a hand on my cheek "You haven't changed a bit Low" he said giving me a loving look like he use to.

"Ryan," I said my voice shaking a little "What are you doing here?" I asked again.

He didn't answer, instead he pressed his lips to mine in a soft sweet kiss. I back into my apartment, Ryan's lips still on mine, his hands on my hips.

"Ry-"

He cut me off.

"I missed you so much Low" he said softly. "I should have never broken up with you"

"Why did you then?" I asked sadly, wanting to kiss him again.

"The band was getting signed and I thought you would be happier without me, because I would be on tour." he said sadly.

"You can be such an idiot sometimes Ry" I said making him smile.

"Will you forgive me?" he asked.

"How could I not?" I asked.

He smiled and kissed me again.

"I love you Lola" he said resting his forehead against mine.

"I love you too" I answerer smiling softly.

Man I had missed him.