One Night Stands

Forget Yesterday We'll Make The Great Escape

I missed Bryan so much. I hadn't seen him in weeks. Not since we had broken up. If we had our way we would still be together. It was my stupid mother's fault. I couldn't get the argument my mother and I had, had out of my head.

I had just gotten back from going out to dinner with Bryan for our six month Anniversary.

"Ashe! I can't believe you are still dating that guy!" My mom had yelled bitterly.

"There is nothing wrong with me dating him mother and he has a name you know, it's Bryan. You haven't called him by his name the whole 6 months I have been dating him"

"I don't care what his name is! It's not like he is gonna be able to take care of you when you move out, he's in a band for Christ sakes!"

"His band is doing great! They just got signed and are going to start touring as soon as school if over!" I yelled back at her.

"I don't care. I want you to end it with him!"

"But Mom!"

"No, Buts Ashe. I want you to break up with that boy tomorrow!" My mom said rolling her eyes. I was on the verge of tears.

"But mom. I love him" I had pleaded.

"Your turning 18 in a week. You don't even know what love is" she said glaring at me.

I was on my knees crying.

"I mean it Ashe. End it." She said harshly and left me crying on my bedroom floor.


Bryan had looked so hurt when I broke up with him the next day. But he understood how my mother was, he didn't like her anymore than she liked him. That had been the last time I saw him, which had been three weeks ago. It was now the last day of school of both our senior year. He and the rest of his band 'Boys Like Girls' would be leaving for tour tomorrow and I probably would never see him again. Thinking about it made me want to cry.

So there I was sitting in my math class trying to keep from crying, when guess who walks in the door.

Byran

He looked right at me.

"Is there something I can help you with?" my teacher asked him.

"The Principle wants to see Ashe" Bryan answered.

My heart sank for a moment I had thought he was actually there to see me.

"Very well. Have a great summer and have fun at collage" My teacher said smiling.

"I'm not going to collage" I said standing up and grabbing my bag.

"Well then have a great rest of your life" She said still smiling warmly.

I followed Bryan out of my class.

"What does the Principle want?" I asked after the door had closed behind me.

"Nothing" Bryan said still walking and not looking at me.

"Wait then why-"

I was cut off by Bryan turning around suddenly and pushing me up against a locker and kissing me, his body pressed against my own.

"Bryan" I said softly as our lips parted.

"I have missed you so much, Ashe" he said placing his hand on my cheek.

"I missed you too."

He pulled out a small box and handed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked looking from Bryan to the box and back again.

"A late 18th birthday present" he said smiling. I pulled the lid off the box to find a gold heart shaped locket on a gold chain.

"Oh my gosh Bryan it's beautiful" I said amazed.

"I want you to come on tour with me and the guys Ashe" he said holding both of my hands in his.

"But my mom..."

"Ashe you turned 18 two weeks ago and your out of high school now. Your mom can't control you anymore"

I smiled and kissed him. "There is nothing I would rather do" I said hugging him.

"I love you Ashe"

"I love you too Bryan"