One Night Stands

Perfect Prom

Prom.

Senior Prom.

My Senior Prom

And I didn't have a date.

Great

I had wanted to go with Jonathan but he didn't ask me and my friends had dragged me to prom anyway.

"It'll be fun Jessica" Nicole had said smiling.

Yeah easy for her to say, she was going to prom with Kyle, one of Jonathan's best friends.

So now I was stuck at a table by myself.

Bored.

Watching my friends dance with their friends.

I had had the slight hope that maybe I could steal a dance with Jonathan. But Kyle said that Jonathan told him he wasn't going to prom.

This sucks.

"Jessica?"

I turned to see who had finally some to keep me company when I saw the amazing brown eyes that had caught my heart almost a year ago.

There stood Jonathan Cook.

"Jonathan?" I asked surprised.

"You know my name?" he asked smiling.

I smiled back "You know mine"

"I like making a habit of knowing the names of beautiful girls"

I could feel myself blushing.

Had he just called me beautiful?

"Thanks" I said looking at my feet.

"Lets dance" he said smiling and without waiting for my answer, took my hands and pulled me on the dance floor with him.

It was a slow song.

I shyly placed my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my hips.

"You look beautiful" he said softly in my ear causing me to once again blush and he smiled.

"Kyle said you weren't coming to prom" I blurted out and felt stupid afterward.

"I wasn't" he answered.

"What made you change your mind?"

"I found out you were going"

"Why would me going change your mind?" I asked confused.

Jonathan pulled me closer while we danced.

"Because you instantly stole my heart when I first saw you almost a year ago." he said his lips brushing mine as he spoke. "And I have been trying to get the courage to talk you since. I had been planning on asking you to prom but I was too chicken"

Without thinking, I closed the small distance between our lips. He instantly kissed back, pulling me so close that every part of our bodies were touching.

"I'm glad you decided to come" I said smiling at him.

"I'm glad you did too" he answered and pulled me into another kiss.

I'm so glad my friends had forced me to go to Prom