One Night Stands

Where Do We Go From Here?

You know that boy that you spend all of high school trying to notice you? But no matter what you do he ignores you. John was that guy for me. John Cook. He was the sweetest guy in school and the cutest. I did everything I could to get his attention. From being friends with his friends all the way to Writing his name across the football field. Okay, so the foot ball field thing was a little over board, but it's not like it worked anyway. Foot ball practice ruined it.

It's not like John would of had interest in someone like me anyway. He was popular and the lead singer of a band called 'Forever The Sickest Kids' and I was the girl who sat in the back of class, glaring at the teacher, with black and read hair, wearing all black cloths and got straight C's. I wasn't good enough for him. he deserved way better than me. So it wouldn't of mattered even if he had noticed me. The last day of our senior year had just ended, I had ran out of chances.

"Jamie"

"Ya?" I asked looking at my best friend Jasmine as we walked toward my car.

"Are you going to Brittney's end of the year party tonight?" she asked "I heard Forever The Sickest Kids are going to be playing there"

"What's the point it's not like John will ever notice me" I said sighing. Yes I know I sounded like some rock star crazed teenager but still. Jasmine knew how much I like John because I usually made her help m with my pointless attempts to get him to notice me, like the whole writing his name across the foot ball field.

"Ya, but your friends with the rest of the band right?" she asked.

"Yep" I said sounding like it wasn't a big deal. I was friends with a lot of local bands, it wasn't a big deal.

"Then why not say good-bye to them before they leave for tour?" she suggested.

I sighed "Fine"

Ya, Forever The Sickest Kids had just gotten signed and were leaving tour the next day.

"That's my girl" Jasmine said smiling happily. I just rolled my eyes.

At The Party

"Can I go home now?" I begged as Jasmine pulled me through the crowd of people.

"No way, FTSK hasn't even played yet" she said pulling me toward the stage.

"Jasmine I'm tired I wanna go home" I wined. Jasmine rolled her eyes an kept pulling me along until we reached the stage.

"Jamie!"

I looked to see Caleb smiling and waving at me. I waved back. He was one of the Guitarist in the band.

"Hey Caleb" I said waving. He jumped off stage and gave us hugs.

"I can't believe we are finally out of high school" he said smiling.

"Ya, and now Jamie gets to give up on chasing John." Jasmine laughed.

Caleb rolled his eyes. "Do you know many times I have offered to introduce her to him?"

"You have?" Jasmine asked shocked "Jamie you idiot. Why didn't you take his offer?"

I shrugged. "I wanted him to notice me on his own"

"Well he has" Caleb said and took off.

It took me a moment to register what he had said "Wait what?" I asked shocked. By then Jasmine had disappeared, leaving me alone by the stage.

Jerks.

"Jamie!"

I turned to see John standing in front of me.

"Holy crap" I said surprised and dropped my can of monster spilling it all over our shoes. "Oh My Gosh. I am so Sorry"

"It's okay" he said smiling and picked up the now empty can monster. "I'm John"

"Jamie" I said shaking his hand.

"I know" he said smiling.

I looked at him confused.

He ran his hand threw his hair and looked at me. He looked almost nervous. "I've kinda been trying to get you to notice me for a while now"

I smiled "Really?"

"Ya" he answered rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"And why would that be?" I asked still smiling.

"Well" he said looking everywhere but at me "Ever since I saw you hanging out with the guys I kinda sorta Liked you"

I didn't hear the last part because he was mumbling.

"I couldn't hear you." I said smiling "Your were mumbling"

He looked at the ground rubbing his neck again. "I Like You" he said again more clearly.

I couldn't help but laugh. He looked up at me surprised and hurt at the same time.

"All you had to say was that you weren't interested" he said sadly and started to walk away.

"John wait, that's not why I was laughing" I said hurriedly.

"It isn't?" he asked confused.

I smiled and walked over to him "No."

"Then why-" he started to say but I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

"I was laughing at the irony. John I have been trying to get you to talk to me since our sophomore year."

He just stared at my blankly. "Really?"

I smiled "Really. I Like You Too John" I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Then you'll have to come on tour with us"

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"It took me two years to finally get a hold of you. I'm not gonna risk losing you already just because I have to go on tour" he said smiling and Kissed me.

"Well it's about time" someone said.

John and I turned to see Jasmine and Caleb laughing at us.

Everything Works Out In The End.