One Night Stands

Like The Climate You Never Know What Weather You'l

"James! James please!"

But it didn't matter how many times I call his name or how long i cried, he wasn't coming back. What had I done wrong?

Pulling myself up from the ground where I had been crying for the last half hour I walked to the front door James had left open when he had left and shut it.

I dragged myself to the couch, tears still pouring down my face. What did I do wrong?

Ring

Ring


I looked over to where my cordless phone was. I didn't want to get up, let able the fact that I didn't think I could if I tired.

I listened to the phone ring a few times before the answering machine picked up and I heard a voice fill my house.

Shaant's voice.

"Maggie? I know you are there Maggie, pick up the phone. Maggie? Maggie come on, i need to talk to you about James. I just saw him basically eating Jessica's face off. Did you guys break up? Maggie! Maggie answer the phone damit!" There was a sigh "Fine have it your way, I'll be there soon" and with that the message ended.

Shaant.

Shaant had been my best friend since we were kids. He had always been there when someone broke my heart with ice cream and my favorite movie. He was the one who could always end my tears and make me smile again. He was more than my best friend, he was the most important person in my life.

In a few minutes my front door slammed open and I still hadn't moved from my place one the couch staring at the ceiling like an idiot. I was trying everything i could to not start crying, to not feel anything. Nothing was better than pain, wasn't it?

"Maggie?" Shaant said appearing at my side. He pulled his hoddie off and set his keys on the coffee table. "Maggie look at me"

I turned my head so I was looking into his green eyes.

"Maggie what happened?"

"He left me for Jessica" I answered "you knew that though. You saw them together"

"Mags" Shaant said softly and pulled me into a hug "He's not worth your tears, you know that don't you?"

"You always say that" I answered softly not looking at him.

"And I mean it"

"Then who is Shaant?" I asked my eyes threatening to spill tears again "Who is worth my tears?"

Shaant wiped a tear away from my cheek. "The one who knows he can make you cry but chooses not to." he answered softly "the one who wants you to smile and would never do anything to hurt you"

The next thing I knew I had pressed my lips against Shaant's and he was kissing back, his hand resting on the back of my neck.

"Like you?" I asked breaking the kiss and smiling softly.

Shaant smiled back "Only if we care about each other in that way"

"Do you care about me in that way?" I questioned resting my forehead against his.

Shaant kissed me again "You have no idea how much."

"I think I'm in love with you Shaant" I said as he kissed the corner of my mouth "I have no idea why I didn't see it before."

"I love you too" he answered softly. "I was just waiting to see if you felt the same"

I smiled and basically tackled him on the couch with another kiss.

It was amazing how easily Shaant could make me happy