One Night Stands

We All Need That Person Who Can Be True To You

I watched as the little teenies glared at me as Zacky and I walked backstage, his arm around my waist. Zacky and I had been best friends since we were kids. It was funny to think of the small boy who would trip what seemed like every five steps he took I had meet a long time ago and then look at him now. All grown up and famous.

"Hey you!"

I looked from the sandbox I had been building a castle in to see a boy about my age running towards me only to see him trip and fall on his face.

"Are you okay?" I question once he had stood up again.

He smiled and walked this time "I'm fine. I just got off crutches and have to get use to walking normal again" he explained "What are you doing?"

"Building my own country" I said smiling and going back to my castle.

The boy sat down next to me in the sand "Why are you doing that?"

I smiled "Because my mommy wont let me have cookies for dinner so I told her I was going to build my own country where kids can have all the cookies they want and grown ups can't have any and the king of the castle has a room full of bats"

The boy looked at me oddly "Why does he have bats"

"Because they are awesome" I stated proudly. "And because Vampires are cooler than dogs"

"You mean werewolves?" he asked.

I shrugged "I just don't know what to call it"

"The country?"

"Yeah"

"How about" the boy seemed to be in thought for a moment "Bat country?"

My face instantly lite up "Yeah!"

"I'm Zacky" the boys said smiling.

"Vicky" I answered.

"Vicky?"

"Yeah?"

"You think there is room for me in Bat Country?"

I smiled "Yeah. You can be the princess's best friend"

"Who is the princess?" he asked in wonder.

I smiled "Me"


"Whatca thinking about?" Zacky asked smiling at me.

I smiled "The first time we met"

Zacky and I were sitting back stage waiting for Avenged turn to go on stage.

He laughed "We were odd kids"

"Were?" I asked "We still are"

"Good point"

"Remember prom?" I questioned.

Zacky smiled again "How could I not?"

"Vicky! Zacky is here" my mom called up the stairs.

I quickly ran down stairs to see Zacky standing there is a pair of black jeans covered in holes and a black button up shirt. He had his nose ring it and was wearing black fingerless gloves. I smiled at the sight, I would rather him be himself than dress up for some dance where no one would remember what we wore anyway. We were just going as friends but I could still feel my heart start to race seeing him.

He smiled at me "You look amazing Vicky"

I was wearing a black and red dress that was on the Gothic side, it was strapless and you could see the tattoo on my right shoulder of a heart in a spider web, a spider crawling towards it. My lip ring was in and my make-up was red with a smokey gray.

My mom sighed "I wish you would take that lip ring out Victoria"

Oh how I hated it when she called me that.

"You're the one who let her get it" my dad said smiling.

"Only because she begged me for three years"

After my parents forced Zacky and me to let them take pictures we were off to prom. Why we were going I had no idea, Zacky, me and my friends always hated the idea of going to prom. It just wasn't an us kind of thing.

"Matt said he might actually dress up" Zacky said keeping his eyes on the road and smiling at me.

"That's a scary thought" I answered making him smile.

"You really do look gorgeous Vicky" Zacky said smiling when we reached the school.

"You don't look so bad yourself" I said smiling and leaning to kiss his cheek but he grabbed my face and pressed my lips to his instead. I was surprised but didn't pull away, I just let him pull me close still kissing me.


Zacky and I may have been best friends since we were kids, but we had been much more than that since that day.

Zacky placed a soft kiss on my lips "Our first kiss" he said smiling.

"But not our last" I added.

"Most defiantly not" he answered and kissed me again.