One Night Stands

You Can Count On Me For That And Love

"Adam!" I called upon seeing him, tearing falling from my eyes.

"Maggie!"

As soon as I felt his arms around me I felt safe and warm, regardless of the invents that had taken place the week before.

"You are so fucking worthless!"

I was so sick of hearing my parents fight.

So sick of the yelling.

"Keep your voice down" I heard my mom hiss "Maggie doesn't need to hear you yelling"

My mom was the one who cared about me.

My father was the one who came home drunk almost every night.

"I don't care what you or your slut of a daughter think" my father's voice filled the house. I'm sure the neighbors could hear everything.

"She is your daughter too and how dare you call her that!"

I wish my mom and i had left like she had planned so many times since I was a baby. Just pack up and leave, no note no nothing. But she loved him. No matter what my father did, for some reason my mom still loved him. I couldn't understand it.

"You are a fucking bitch" I heard the sound of a lamp shattering as my mom's body hit the ground.

"James what are you doing?"

She sounded scared, no not scared. Terrified.

I instantly shot from my room and down stairs just in time to see him pull the trigger.


"It's okay Maggie" Adam said holding me closely and running his finger through my hair.

"I can't believe she is gone Adam" I sobbed.

Adam took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes "I know it hurts Mags. But you have to be strong, your mom wouldn't want you to be crying like this. She would want you to be happy that you dad is somewhere he can't hurt anyone anymore and that you are safe"

"I almost wasn't" I answered softly, Adam pulled me into another tight hug.

When I heard the bang it was almost as if I had been shot myself as I stared at my mom's now lifeless body in horror. I had to place my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming as tears filled my eyes.

"What are you starring at you little bitch?" he snapped looking at me.

I slowly back away back up the stairs almost tripping.

"Where do you think you are going?" he asked and started to head toward the stairs.

I quickly turned and ran back up the stairs and to my room, locking the door. It wasn't going to do much I was sure. As I heard my father start to bang on the doors down the hall trying to find where I was I pulled out my cell phone and dialed the first number to come to mind.


"I don't know what I would have done if something had happened to you" Adam said tightening his grip on me.

"I sure you would have gotten over it sooner or later" I answered sadly.

Adam took my face in his hands again "How could you say that Maggie? I love you"

"I love you too"

"Hello?" a voice asked picking up the phone.

"Adam" I sobbed into the phone hiding in my closet now.

"Maggie? What's wrong?"

"H-He's really lost it this time Adam" I cried "He shot my mom and is looking for me"

"Call 911 Maggie and I'll be there as quick as I can."

"They wont get here in time" I answered shaking my head "I just needed to tell you something before-"

"Nothing is going to happen to you Maggie" he promised.

"Please Adam. I really need you to hear this"

"What is it?"

"I love you"


"I was lucky" I said resting my head against his chest.

"I told you we would get there in time" he said smiling softly and running his finger through my hair.

"Thank-you Adam" I said looking at him.

"For?"

"My life"

Adam had hung up on me 15 minutes ago saying if I wasn't going to call 911 he was and then he was on his way over. I didn't want him coming over, I didn't want him to get hurt.

I could tell my father was trying his hardest to break down my bedroom door and I stayed hidden in my closet trying to be as quiet as possible, curled up in a ball. This wasn't how life was suppose to be and this wasn't what should happen in families.

I heard my bedroom door crash open and voice that wasn't my father's calling my name.

"Maggie!"

"Adam?"

The closet door opened and there stood Adam his face over taken by worry. He grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked shocked as he hugged me.

"I got here right after the police did" he said softly "didn't you hear them?"

I shook my head

"They found your father passed out in the living room floor" he said running his hands through my hair.

"Where are they now?"

"Looking for you"

"Is he still here?"

"No, they arrested him instantly. even though he is too drunk to know what the hell is going on"

"And..."

"Your mom's body was already taken away"

I buried my face in Adam's neck as I heard more voices.

"He found her" I heard a voice I didn't know call.

I felt a pair of arms try to take me from Adam but I held on to him tighter.

"We need to get her to a hospital and checked out" the voice said.

"I'll carry her to the car" Adam said holding on to me tightly "I think taking her from me is the worst thing you can do right now"


"I'll always keep you safe Maggie" Adam said softly.

"Promise?"

He hugged me tightly "I promise"
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea why I wrote this or why it is about death.
I guess I am being morbid because I'm in a good mood or something.
*shruggs* Hope you guys like it.