One Night Stands

A 20's Twist

"Danny, what is with that dame of yours?" Beckett asked smiling over at his partner who was sitting at his desk with his feet resting on his unfinished paperwork. Danny had the horrible habit of leaving everything to the last minute, it drove the 'dame' as William had called her Tarra Bratton crazy.

Miss Bratton was the girl all the smart young men were after, with her fathers money and features that made her prettier than any rose in Chicago she was a prize worth fighting for. The one man who had easily claimed her heart, Private investigator Danny Duncan, sat at his desk ignoring his work and allowing his mind to wander, not even thinking of going after her or asking her father for her hand.

"I don't think that is any of your concern William" Duncan answered simply leaning back in his chair with ease.

"You have got to be the stupidest sap I have ever met" Beckett shook his head getting up from his desk and pulling on his suit jacket and placing his Fedora on top of his longish dark brown hair. He kept it longer than most people these days but that was just the way he liked it.

"Don't razz me William" Duncan shot back getting up as well. "Miss Bratton is not the kind of dame I can just fancy her father has more rubies than you nd I both will ever see in our lives"

Beckett shrugged opening Thar door "You know dames Danny, you leave them alone and they'll go on to the next one before your eyes"

"Is that so Detective Beckett?"

Beckett looked at the woman standing in the doorway of his and Duncan's office. Her hair reached midway down her back, golden curls resting at her shoulders and hypnotizing green eyes looked up at him. Her build was slim and well shown off by the cloths she wore. The woman was by far the most extreme flapper he had ever seen.

"Hello Miss Anderson" Duncan smiled as Beckett just looked at her surprised.

"Nice to see you again Detective Duncan" the woman smiled slipping past Beckett and into the office "I have a message for you from my dear Tarra"

"A message?" Duncan smiled "Whatever about?"

"Not my business to be reading someone's else letter now would it be?" she asked pulling the letter out from inside her shirt where it had been tucked away safely. She handed it to Duncan before walking back towards the door where Beckett still stood starring at Miss Anderson. "she said she will be expecting an answer in an hour, she'll be here herself by then. Bye Danny. Detective Beckett" she smiled at Beckett sweetly before turning to leave the office.

"Miss Anderson" William called seeming to come out of his daze and stopping her.

"Yes Detective Beckett?" she smiled.

"It's Will" William corrected first causing Miss Anderson to smile even more "May I ask you a question?"

"Depends on the question"

"May i ask you your name?"

"You know my name Will"

"First name" Beckett smirked.

"Nicole" she smiled before turning and walking back down the hall, Beckett's eyes following her until she was far out of sight.

"What's eating you?" Beckett asked looking at his parenter who had been reading the letter from Miss Bratton and not paying any attention to Beckett and Miss Anderson's shameless flirting.

"It's Tarra" Duncan answered. Beckett knew this was serious because Duncan had used the dame's first name, something he never did.

"What about her?"

"She wants me to leave Chicago with her tonight. Her father doesn't approve of me and has forbid her any contact with me"

Beckett looked at Duncan for a moment before asking "What are you going to do?"

Duncan sighed "I don't know."

"Common" Beckett rolled his eyes "we all know you carry a tourch for the dame, why not leave with her? Unless it was her fathers dough you were after like every other kid in Chicago"

Duncan glared at his partner "Of course It's not William" he snapped.

"Then give her a handcuff and go on the lamb together" Beckett shrugged "I'm going to see if that Miss Anderson didn't get to far"

Duncan smirked at Beckett "Miss Anderson will chew you up and spit you out Beckett"

Beckett smirked back at his partner "We'll see, if you ever decide to come back to Chicago be sure to look me up"

"It's been great working with you William"

"You too Danny" Beckett answered before leaving the office, knowing that would more than likely be the last time he ever saw Danny Duncan ever again. Duncan had his heart stolen by a dame and now he was off to make her his. Beckett on the other hand had other plans on his mind. The company of a pretty dame he had seen only moments before for the night sounded about right.

"Looking for me Will?"

Beckett turned and found Miss Anderson waiting for him, as if she knew he would come after her sooner or later.

"And if I was?" Beckett answered smirking over at her as she leaned lightly against a wall.

"Well then I dare say you found me" she smiled.

"And now what am I going to do with you?" Beckett asked the smirk still playing across his lips.

Miss Anderson shrugged.

"Well you seem to be all dolled up" he smiled "how about I take you out for a late supper?"

Miss Anderson smiled "That would be Swell Detective Beckett"

Beckett smiled at her once more "I told you, call me Will."
♠ ♠ ♠
X]
I have no idea why I wanted to write a one shot taking place is the 20's/30's.
Thanks to Tarra for the help with the slang!!!!!!!!
If you don't know what something means go Here