One Night Stands

Car Crash Hearts

I couldn't remember a time I hated more in my whole life than that moment. Having to watch the tears streaming down his face. In all the years I had known and loved him, I had never seen him cry before and it broke my heart to see it now. If only there was something I could do....

"Anna!"

I was seven and I turned to see a boy I had never seen before running towards me, his long legs made him fast but like a baby giraffe he had horrible balance and tripped, falling on his face.

"Are you okay?" I questioned tapping him lightly with my foot.

"You shouldn't kick people" he growled looking up at me as he pulled himself off the ground "It's rude"

"I don't even know you" I shot back getting defensive "and I didn't kick you, I tapped you with my foot"

"You kicked me" he argued.

"This is kicking" I growled my sneakers connecting with his shin, causing him to yelp in pain and hold his leg.

"That was very nice"

"Who are you?" I asked again ignoring the glare he was giving me "and how do you know my name?"

"I sit behind you in Miss. Albert’s class" he explain still rubbing his leg "You left your notebook on your desk and I was bring it back to you"

My eyes lite up instantly as he held out the black notebook to me. I quickly took it from his hand and hugged it closely to myself "Thank-you" I answered softly now feeling bad about kicking him and tapping him with my foot.

"You're welcome" he smiled.

"What's your name?" I asked curiously.

"William"

"Nice to meet you William"

"Nice to meet you too Anna"


"Anna!" he cried his voice choked with tears. It was like he thought if he called my name enough times I would come back. We weren't children anymore and as much as I wanted to my green eyes weren't going to open and look into his hypnotizing brown ones.

"I love your eyes" William smiled looking at me with his head tilted to the side slightly.

I laughed and pushed him lightly "We have been friends for how long and you just noticed the color of my eyes?" I smiled.

"Ten years" he smiled "and you've always worn your glasses, I can see them better now that you are wearing contacts"

"Are you saying I look bad in glasses?" I asked pretending to be offended.

William laughed "Of course not Anna. I think your glasses are adorable, but they always hid your eyes"

"Maybe I'll start wearing my glasses again then" I smiled.

William pouted "But then I won’t be able to see your eyes anymore"

I sighed and rolled my eyes "There is just no winning with you"

He laughed once more "But you love me"

I did love him, more than he knew


"Anna don't do this" he begged.

I wanted to hug him and hold him close. To comfort him and tell him everything was going to be okay. But I couldn't touch him, let alone hold him and everything wasn't going to be even close to okay...

"I love you Anna" he smiled softly my face held in his hands.

I smiled back "You have no idea how long I have wished you would say that"

"Since the day I feel flat on my face?" he laughed.

I pressed my lips to his in a soft sweet kiss "Yes"

He looked at me lovingly and kissed me again.

"Can I keep you?" he asked softly breaking the kiss.

"As long as you still want me"

"That will never changing" William smiled before once more connecting our lips.


"Anna! Please!" William begged once more holding my blood stained body close to his, mixing my blood with his own that had already stained his cloths from the car crash "I still want you here"

"I still want you to" I said softly knowing he wouldn't be able to hear me even if I screamed it.

"It hurts doesn't it?"

I looked over at the girl standing next to me, blood covering the side of her face. Her hair was black as night, with eyes a sky blue.

"Watching him cry and knowing you can't do anything to help or comfort him. It's the worst part of dying"

"You're Samantha Marks aren't you?" I asked looking at her softly "The girl who died here last year?"

"That turn really is horrible when it rains" she said softly "They need to put barriers up; you would think the death of one girl would be enough. Maybe two will do the trick"

I looked back at William still crying over my corpse "Will it stop?"

"His pain or yours?"

"Both"

She shook her head sadly "No, he'll always miss you and you'll always be there watching him but after a while the tears will stop but you can always tell when he is thinking of you"

"Please Anna" He cried as the flash of police lights came into view from the turn "I love you so much"

"I love you too William" feeling the invisible tears I could cry prick at my eyes.

I walked away from Samantha and sat down in the grass next to William and watched him knowing I never again would be able to hold him, feel his skin against mine or touch my lips to his.

But at least I knew I would always be with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man I miss writing One Shots.
*Hugs One Shots happily*
What?
Oh yeah
*Waves hand*
This is for a contest Kara is doing...