Mannequin

A Day in the Life of Frank Iero.

I was bleeding again.

I never noticed the pain. I only noticed it when I felt it tickle my thighs as it slowly trickled down. I nearly laughed.

Second time today…seventh time this week.

“Hey, ass-face, wake up.”

He growled and turned over. I reached down to pull away the covers, but he swatted my hand away.

“Money’s on the kitchen counter, like always. Just go al-fucking-ready before my wife comes.”

Grinning, I skipped out the room and down the hall to retrieve the money. Quickly, I counted all 50 dollars before making my way out of the grungy apartment that my client owned.

I sprinted to the metro, trying to make it in time. I slipped between the closing doors and sat down next to a business man picking at his collar and hunched over his laptop. As I sat down, he looked up, and I batted my lashes while smirking sexily. He gulped before looking quickly back down at the stocks he was attempting to buy.

I shifted, and felt the still-sticky blood slowly dry onto my legs.

At least I stopped bleeding…

I glanced over at the business man, and took in his appearance. Despite being a prostitute who would occasionally walk the trashy streets looking for a desperate patron, I preferred catering to the wealthier people of New York.

Seeing an Armani suit and one of the newer Mac laptops, I decided that this fidgety man was a perfect participant for my services, especially because since the moment I sat down, the man had become all the more fidgety and sweaty.

Smiling sweetly, I turned to the man, “It’s a wonderful day, isn’t it?”

Looking rather shocked at my speaking up he nodded, “Uh…yes, it is…”

Bullshit. It’s fucking December and the wind’s blowing like a bitch. No way it’s nice, unless he hasn’t left the subway for a couple months.

The things people did to get out of uncomfortable situations…

“I couldn’t help but notice your suit…it looks quite expensive. I hope I’m not coming off as nosy, but I was wondering what you do, seeing as I’m looking for a well-paying job myself.”

Yes, and I was hoping it would involve me and you in a bed naked. You see, all of my talents reside in the category of bed activities. Hopefully after which a large sum of money would be handed to me…

Suddenly he straightened up and stuck his nose up proudly, “I’m an entrepreneur. One of the most rewarding jobs ever. All you need is a winning smile, some social skills, and luck.”

My eyes widened in mock shock, “Wow…that sounds so interesting. Could you tell me how you got into the business?”

Lucky for me, he was the type of person who once you got them started, they never shut up about themselves. His name was Vincent Holston. He was unmarried, not even in a relationship, despite the fact that he was relatively young and not unattractive. He wasn’t kidding about the profits made in his business, and I kept in mind the thought of becoming an entrepreneur when I became too old to whore myself.

The subway train slowed to a halt. Glancing at Vincent, I smiled and handed him a slip of paper with my name and number.

“If you ever need any help with something, give me a call. I’m very good with my hands.”

Just to make sure he wasn’t thinking I was talking about fixing a broken faucet or something, I slowly slid my hand up his leg before quickly hopping out of my seat and out the door.

Looking back, I saw his looking intensely at where I had touched him, and then saw his gaze flick to my number. With a slight smile, he typed what I assumed to be my number in a sleek Blackberry. I mentally did a cheer.

Score! Another customer…

Smiling softly to myself I skipped to my apartment. Getting out the keys I slid them into the knob before getting interrupted by a deep voice.

“Back from your latest ‘appointment’?” the voice was dripping with sarcasm and I recognized it immediately.

“Bob! Fuck, man, you scared me. Don’t creep up on people like that, it can get you killed!”

Bob, my landlord, just grinned, “You look awfully happy. Something good happen?”

I nodded eagerly, “Hell yes! I think I got a new client. This one’s real rich.”

Bob scrunched up his nose, “That’s what you said about the last one because he had one fucking Rolex watch. Then, you find out his wife’s parents gave it to them as a wedding gift, and he’s just a delivery man who lives in a dingy apartment.”

I pouted, “Rolex it expensive! Normal people don’t buy those watches for wedding gifts!”

Bob was the only person who knew of my profession, other than my clients, who I never usually met outside of their homes, or wherever they would designate the meeting place to be.

Upon moving to New York from Jersey in the hopes of getting into the music industry, I met Bob at a concert. We had automatically hit it off, and finding that I needed a place to stay, he offered me a place at the small apartment complex he owned. Once I moved in, we became even better friends and he eventually found out the job I had taken. Although he didn’t approve of it, he still helped me out whenever I got in any trouble.

“Hey, do you want to come over to eat some dinner? I know you can’t cook for shit.” Bob obviously had a very dry sense of humor, but his mellowness evened out my hyper personality.

“What’re you having today?”

“Lasagna.”

“Mmm. Wait…is there any meat in it?” I inquired suspiciously.

Bob looked away guiltily, “Yeah…”

I frowned, “Bob, you know I don’t eat meat. I’d much rather eat my shitty microwaveable vegetarian meals than chew on a cow.”

“I can make another lasagna for you! It’ll be vegetarian…”

“Aw, do you really want to eat dinner with me that bad?”

“No.” despite Bob’s adamant denial, his cheeks had slightly darkened in embarrassment.

Grinning wide, I spread my arms out to embrace my friend, “Aww, I love you too, Bobbert!”

He quickly stepped aside to move out of the way of my hug, causing me to run into the wall.

“Meanie. I guess there won’t be any lovin’ for you today.”

I haughtily stepped into his dwelling and plopped down on the couch. Turning on the TV, I flicked through the channels.

“Boring…boring…boring…damn it, Bob, all you have is the shitty channels!”

“I don’t like rotting in front of the television, unlike some people…”

I stared in awe of him, “Then…if you don’t watch TV, what do you do in your spare time?”

“I go online. Maybe read a book.”

“What do you do online to take up so much time?”

“I bid for things on eBay. Look up music groups; buy music, find recipes if I plan to cook.

I sighed, “I wish I could live a simple life like yours…mine is too amazingly fun at times…maybe we should switch every now and then.”

Bob looked me up and down, “I think I like my life more. And my body too, thank you very much, shorty.”

I stuck out my tongue, “Fine, spoilsport. Seriously, though…how can you live such an uneventful life without going insane?”

“Trust me; you have enough adventure in your life for the both of us.”

Setting the food down at the table, he looked expectantly at me.

“What?”

Bob pointed at the seat, “If you plan on eating, you have to sit at the table.”

“But can’t you just get those little pull-out tables so I can sit here and watch TV?” I whined.

Frowning, he roughly pulled out his chair and sat down in a huff.

“I don’t have those for that reason. I don’t want to watch TV while eating. And you’re not going to eat on my couch.”

Begrudgingly, I made my way to the dinner table and sat down.

“I swear; you’re worse than my mother…”

Without batting an eye, Bob retorted, “Obviously I’m much stricter than your mother if you grew up to be the obnoxious man-child you are now.”

“You obviously love the obnoxious man-child I am if you almost always insist I eat with you, and you invite me over so much.” I pointed out.

“I just like the company. And that does not imply that you are good company.”

I smirked, “Well maybe if you had a girlfriend or boyfriend, you wouldn’t need my company.”

Bob glared at me, “You know I’m not looking for a relationship. And I also want to make sure you don’t get into any trouble.”

The smirk turned into a grin, “I don’t think it’s so much that you don’t want a relationship, but more like people are too afraid to come within a foot of you. You need to chill out and let the hotties come to you, Bobby! Lots of people cream themselves over the strong and silent type, and you’re pretty much the epitome of strong-looking and silent. I bet I’d go for you if I didn’t know you were so prissy.”

Looking at me strangely, Bob inquired, “Did you just kind of hit on me?”

I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...this took a bit. Surprisingly, I started the chapter by chance. I was attempting to write another story, when I realized that it'd be much better if I used the intro to continue this one.

I love Bob in this. Motherly-Bob is always a favorite of mine, though I don't know why...and don't worry, Frank and Gerard will meet again soon.

Also, I noticed there are 12 subscribers, yet only 3 reviewers. Could you please comment, it's not hard, and a simple 'That was good/bad/okay/fantastic' would suffice. I just want to know who's out there enjoying (or hating) my story.