Goodbyes

I'm jealous of headlights.

Sidewalks and streetlights surround us. You're clutching your suitcase, as you look down at your feet.
So this is it? Your leaving for god knows how long.
You want to go and find yourself. Can't you do that here? In canada? Not in the fucking United States.Thats an entirely different country!

I pray that our shoes will melt in the pavement
You start to step back slowly.
"I'm sorry." I say trying to fill the silence.
"You have nothing to be sorry for." You reply finally looking up at me.
"I just...I just want you to stay here, in canada, with me."
"Pierre....You know I can't. Not right now. There is nothing here for me."
Ouch. So thats what it feels like when your heart gets ripped out.

"I'm here for you...." I mumble.
"I know. But Pierre, you need to find someone who will stay with you. Someone who knows who they are." You reply.
"David, Please, don't do this." I beg one more time.

You dont reply. A car passes. I realize I'm jealous of headlights because they are all that clings to you.

Your bus pulls up to the curb, and with a pair of broken eyes you give me one last kiss that leaves my lips numb.
Your gone.

I think I'll take the long way home tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short. But I wanted to post it.