& it's all because you're by my side.

Ashamed

Thank you to Rita for this beautiful banner!
Image

JOE'S P.O.V.

"I'm tired." Katy told me, resting her body against mine as we rode up to our rooms in the hotel elevator.

I chuckled, in the walk from the limo to the hotel; she went from a ball of excitement to completely exhausted.

"Wow, I have to say I'm surprised to hear you say that." I told her, causing her to giggle into my shoulder.

"But I'm pretty tired too." I smiled. "We had a long night, but it was fun."

She nodded her head lightly in agreement before letting out a tired sigh.

We sat in a moment of silence before I spoke again. I was enjoying having her warm body against mine.

"Are you glad you went down the red carpet with me?" I asked as the elevator dinged, opening its doors.

"Yeah." She smiled genuinely as we exited the elevator. "It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I honestly had a good time and it would've beaten any expectations, if I had had any." She paused for a moment before turning to look at me. "Not that that made much sense…"

I chuckled at her.

"Some of the interviews were quite awkward, though." She added.

"I know, seriously." I replied, thinking back to a few of the interviews. "Especially that dude that kept hitting on you."

"I know; he was totally creepy. I don't know what part of me being your girlfriend he didn't understand."

I smiled at her; she was just so damn cute. Her humor, and beauty, and liveliness; it all blew me away.

She was so mature and graceful while we were on the carpet. If she was asked a question during an interview, she put on the sweetest smile and answered honestly, sounding so intelligent and wise with each answer.

She was perfectly perfect. I had no doubt in my mind.

"Why ya so quiet?" She glanced at me, a sweet smile on her face. I guess I had been a little wrapped up in my thoughts…

"Oh, I was just thinkin' about a girl." I replied, smile wide, refusing to look at her as we continued to truck down the hallway.

"Oh yeah?" She replied playfully. "And who might this girl be?"

"No one really," I stole a glance at her. "Just the sweetest, most beautiful, and amazing girl I have ever met…I like to call her my girlfriend."

A dark blush crept up her cheeks. She tore her eyes away from mine and directed them to her feet, too shy and embarrassed to look me in the eyes.

Modesty: one more quality that added to perfect.

She slid an arm around my waist and leaned into me, her way of silently saying 'thank you'.

I gave her a tight squeeze, my silent way of saying 'you're welcome'.

I liked our silent language, it was kind of cool.

"Are you sure you're alright with our relationship being completely public now?" I asked after a moment, hoping that she didn't regret it. She seemed so happy about everything, but for all that I knew, she could've been completely regretting it.

She nodded her head gently as we continued to walk down the empty hallway. "Yeah, although it's a little late to not be okay with it..."

I chuckled. "Good point."

"I guess I kind of have mixed feelings about it." She admitted thoughtfully. "I am a little scared of what your fans are going to say. Haters pushed aside, even the real fans are going to criticize me. It's slightly nerve-racking.

"But then I'm also glad. We don't have to hide anything and try to be secretive. And if a picture of us being coupley surfaces the web, you don't have to deny it like crazy. We can be a normal couple.

"And call me silly, but," she began, a light blush returning to her cheeks. "It kind of makes me feel better. Like you're not ashamed of me. You're not ashamed that your girlfriend is just a normal, average teenager."

I stared at her, stopping in the middle of the hallway at her words. She had me a little shocked; did she really think I was ashamed of her?

Ashamed was the last thing I was of her.

"Katy, I would never be ashamed of you. You're amazing and I'm so grateful to have you." I told her with complete honesty, looking into her eyes as we stood in the hallway.

"I know," she smiled up at me. "It's just the insecure, teenage girl part of me comes out every once in awhile and she needs that reassurance."

"Well, I don't like when that side comes out." I told her, not once redirecting my gaze. "I care about you so much and I don't want you to ever doubt us."

I leaned forward and kissed her, bringing her into my arms.

As I stood there, perfect surrounding us: my lips fitting perfectly with hers, my arms holding her perfectly, her hands lying perfectly on my neck, I realized something.

I realized that I was falling in love with this girl.

I was falling in love with a girl that I met through a silly pen pal assignment for school.

It was crazy how everything worked out; it was like something you'd find in the movies.

Fate had a weird way of working.

And as we separated, both with giddy smiles across our faces, I wanted to tell her this.

I wanted to tell her that I was in love with her.

But I couldn't, not yet.

It had to be the perfect moment.

And right now, in the middle of a hotel hallway, did not seem right.

"Thank you," she smiled at me, her face glowing. "For everything."

"You're welcome," I whispered to her, my hand holding her face gently. "And thank you, for everything."

She kissed me once more before lacing her fingers with mine and leading us to her hotel room door.

"Thank you, again," she told me as we arrived at the door.

"You're welcome, again." I smiled at her. "I'll see you in the morning, alright?"

"Alright, sounds good." She smiled before giving me a small goodnight kiss. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I told her as she slid her key into the door and entered the room. She gave a small wave as the door shut, blocking her from me.

I sighed; yep, I was totally falling for this girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this chapter...So be sure to let me know what you think!!!

Thanks for reading! =D

And I really enjoy receiving banners! ;D