& it's all because you're by my side.

The Aftermath

Thank you Charlie-Love for this darling banner! =D
Image

KATY’S POV

A smile crept onto my face as I felt something gently pressing against my neck, leaving a light tingling sensation and goose bumps in its tracks.

I was somewhere in between conscious and unconscious so it took me a moment to realize what it was.

Joe.

My smile grew as Joe continued to place his lips along my neck.

My shoulders squirmed up once he hit a particularly ticklish spot. He let out a light chuckle before tightening his grip around my waist and laying his head next to mine.

“Morning,” he whispered softly, his voice dry from sleep.

“G’morning,” I croaked, my voice also dry.

I carefully turned over, not wanting to wake the peacefully sleeping Frankie, to face Joe.

His arm remained wrapped around me, holding me tightly against him.

His grin was wide as he peeked at me through sleepy eyes.

We both just stared softly at each other, not needing to speak another word, until sleep took us again.

Sending us both into more heavenly dreams of each other.

--

Another hour passed until Joe and I woke up again, and this time only because Frankie had turned on the TV.

Frankie lay propped up on pillows at the end of the bed zoned into an episode of iCarly, as Joe and I remained exactly where we had been an hour ago.

“Good morning, again.” He grinned before giving me a small kiss on the forehead.

“Good morning,” I smiled, looking up into those beautiful brown eyes.

“Sleep good?” He asked as he pushed a strand of hair out of my face.

“Oh yeah, couldn’t have slept better.” His eyes crinkled from his smile at my words.

“Good, me too.” He replied before placing his lips back onto my forehead for another soft kiss. “But now I gotta go to the bathroom,” he blushed lightly before hopping out of bed and heading towards the bathroom.

I let out a light chuckle before sitting up and grabbing my laptop from the nightstand.

It was time see what the fans thought of me.

--

Thirty minutes later, I still sat reading away on my laptop as Joe lay next to me, every once in awhile breaking into song.

So far he had sung me Hello Beautiful, Yellow Submarine, and Hit Me Baby One More Time.

I’m not sure why he knew the lyrics to a Britney Spears song, but he did…and it was actually quite cute.

Joe rubbed his hand gently across my back as my eyes remained glued to the laptop screen.

“You know, most of the comments aren’t even too bad,” I told Joe as I scrolled through a new thread talking about ‘Joe’s new girlfriend’.

“Why are you even reading those?” Joe asked curiously.

“’Cause they’re entertaining.” I replied, giving him a glance and a smile.

I know I say this a lot, but he looked absolutely adorable.

His hair was a curly mess from sleeping, he still had the ‘just woken up’ look on his face, there was a little bit of stubble on his chin, and he had his glasses on.

“What’cha lookin’ at?” He wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

I smirked. “I’m not sure, I haven’t quite figured it out yet.” I finished with a tease.

He chuckled. “It’s too early for me to come up with a response to that.”

“Oh burn,” I muttered before turning my attention back to the laptop screen.

I continued scrolling down the page, only pausing if a comment caught me eye.

I smiled at the newest one I read. “Listen to this one Joe,” I told him before reading the comment. "I think they make a cute couple. She looks like a nice, wholesome girl and Joe seemed to really care about her. Of course I’m jealous and wish that I was with Joe, but if it can’t be me, then I’m glad it’s her.

“Aw, I really like that girl.” I finished.

Joe smiled. “That was a nice one. It was good to hear a positive comment.”

I nodded my head, sending a smile his way before scrolling down to the next comment. I chuckled at it. “But of course there’s a hater for every lover. Ew, she looks like a slut. I don’t know what Joe sees in her. Her dress was way too short, her hair looked terrible, and she had too much makeup on. And she was trying way too hard. She’s probably only with him for the fame and money.”

Joe let out a chuckle of air. “Damn.”

“Yeah, seriously.” I replied. “It’s pretty comical, though. I love the dress comment. She would probably shit a brick if she found out that you picked it out.”

Joe laughed. “I’m glad you aren’t taking the comments too seriously.”

I looked at him with a smile. “Maybe if the girls that claimed to hate me were a little more literate and mature about the whole thing, I would take it more seriously. But ninety-nine percent of the girls use chat speak, can’t spell, and have no justified reason for hating me.”

Joe sat up in bed next to me, reading the comments over my shoulder.

“Like read that one,” I pointed to one with the mouse.

“Lyk ther is jus sumthin abot her I dunt lyk nd she iz uglie.” Joe read the comment aloud in a girly tone.

I laughed as he rested his head on my shoulder.

“It’s pretty tough to take a comment like that seriously.” I told him.

“I agree.” He replied, a grin soon occupying his face. “So do you think you’re done reading about yourself, yet?”

I smiled. “I guess.”

“Good, ‘cause I haven’t gotten a good morning kiss yet.” He grabbed the laptop and placed it on the nightstand before pulling me down next to him in the bed, both of us lying on our sides.

He wrapped an arm tightly around my back and placed his lips onto mine.

I smiled into the kiss, loving being snuggled up in a warm bed next to him.

He kept the kiss simple and sweet, no tongue, just lips pressing softly together.

“I’m still in the room,” Frankie cooed from the end of the bed.

I blushed as our lips separated.

“I didn’t even think he was paying attention to us,” Joe whispered, cheeks also a light pink.

“Me either,” I chuckled before burying my face into his chest.

“Good morning kids!” Mr. Jonas exclaimed as he barged into the bedroom.

I jumped back from Joe, startled by his entrance.

I let out a deep breath. “Gosh Mr. Jonas, you scared me.”

He chuckled. “Good to know. Just as long as you two weren’t doing anything inappropriate in that bed…”

“Don’t worry Pop, they weren’t,” Frankie chimed in.

Joe and I stared at him in amusement. He was the funniest 7 year old that I had ever seen.

“Good, good,” Mr. Jonas began. “But that’s not what I came over for. I need to talk to you two.” He told us, causing me to feel a little nervous. “Frank, why don’t you head up and go see Mom. She has breakfast for you.”

“Alright,” the kid replied before sprinting out of the room.

Now I really felt nervous, he wanted to talk to Joe and I alone.

I hope it wasn't going to be one of those awkward sex talks.

Mr. Jonas chuckled as he saw Joe and me sitting nervously, our faces a little pale.

“Don’t worry, you two aren’t in trouble or anything,” he began, a smile on his face.

“You’re not going to talk to us about sex, are you?” Joe asked uncomfortably.

Mr. Jonas chuckled again. “No, I’m not. But we can discuss that if you guys need.”

My eyes went wide. Awkward.

“No, no, we’re good.” Joe replied quickly.

“All right, now that we have that out of the way,” he began as he took a seat on the end of the bed, where Frankie had just vacated. “I received a call from a Disney representative this morning.”

Joe and I sat up in bed, curious with where this was going.

“Disney is apparently not happy with your relationship going public.” He continued.

I stared at him in confusion, what?

“Huh?” Joe asked.

“She didn’t give me too many details, but she said they have a concern with Joe Jonas having a public girlfriend. She insisted that they were concerned with his safety, but I know they’re just worried about losing fans, and views, and ultimately money.” I stared at Mr. Jonas, completely in shock.

We sat in silence for a moment, millions of thoughts running through my mind.

“So is that why Nick and Miley never went public with their relationship? Because of Disney?” I asked one of the very many questions filling up space in my brain.

Joe shrugged his shoulders. “It was kind of because of Disney, but mainly just because they wanted to keep it private. Nick and Kevin just like to keep their relationships private, it really doesn’t have much to do with Disney.”

“Oh,” I mouthed.

“We’ve never come across this problem with Disney before. They’ve always kind of hinted in trying to keep us single to the public eye, but they’ve never personally called about it before, though. I can’t say that I’m completely shocked by it, but it’s frustrating.” Joe told me.

“She said that right now they’re working on a break-up story for the two of you. She said that it’s fine if you two are together, but it’s best if it’s private, not public.”

“What?” I gasped. That was crossing the line.

“I know; it’s ridiculous.” Mr. Jonas replied.

“That is ridiculous!” I exclaimed. “They’re trying to make Nick, Joe, and Kevin be these untouchable figures. They’re making them seem completely unrealistic. They’re teenaged boys, of course they are going to date. They’re eventually going to get married, and they’re eventually going to have sex. They’re not going to stay single and innocent forever. Why can’t they just accept that?”

“I know, but Disney is Disney.” Mr. Jonas replied, as Joe watched intently.

I let out a breath of annoyance. “Sure it’s going to be big at first, but people will get over it and accept it. Look and Zac and Vanessa! They’ve been dating for years and they’re both Disney stars.”

Mr. Jonas nodded his head in agreement. “I totally agree with you, Katy. But Disney is all about money and success and they’ll do what they feel is necessary to achieve that.”

He watched the two of us for a moment.

“It’s your decision,” he told us. “You guys can either go along with the break-up story or not. It’s completely up to you. I want you guys to do what you think is best for your relationship.”

I sighed before speaking. “This whole thing is irritating, and ridiculous, but I’m okay with going with the break-up story if we have to. I want what is best for the band, and if that means we have to keep our relationship private, then I’m perfectly fine with that. I love the idea of not having to hide anything, but I am okay with privacy. Joe, I want you to decide. I want you to decide what you think is best for us and the Jonas Brothers. This isn’t just about me, but Nick and Kevin, too.”

Joe sat in silence for a moment, moving his eyes away from me to his lap. He redirected his eyes towards his father and me before boldly stating his choice. “Fuck Disney.”

Mr. Jonas and I were in shock at his choice of words.

Mr. Jonas let out a small chuckle before speaking. “Well, you guys don’t have to decide right away. I told the lady that since we’re going to be gone for a few weeks, we’ll decide when we get back. And by then hopefully everything will have calmed down and we may not even have to worry about it.”

Joe’s eyes went wide at his father.

I stared confused for a moment. “Gone for a few weeks?”

Mr. Jonas’ jaw dropped. “You haven’t told her yet?”

“No,” Joe hissed.

“The whole reason we let you stay in here was so you could tell her.” Mr. Jonas snapped back.

“And I was going to until you walked in.”

“What is going on?” I asked, the two staring at each other.

Mr. Jonas let out an exasperated sigh. “I’ll leave you two to talk.”

I looked at Joe expectantly.

He took a deep breath before beginning. “I was scared to tell you about this sooner, because I don’t want you to be upset or mad, but…”

"But?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer than the last one! Yay!

But sorry about the cliff-hanger!
The opportunity was there...and I had to take it... ;D

I still adore comments and banners! =D
If you want to send some my way, please do!

And MellowDramatic is still totally and completely awesome! =D