& it's all because you're by my side.

Three Simple Words

Just a reminder: the CD hasn't come out yet in the story. It's still June in the story. Sometimes it's easy to forget, so I just wanted to remind you because it's kinda important to know in this chapter.

I know I've used this banner before, but thanks again Rita!!!
Image

I knocked nervously on Joe’s door.

Once we got back to my house from the airport, I left him alone in the guest room so he could give his Mom a call.

But of course, the whole time Rita kept texting me; each text saying something along the lines of ‘tell him’.

So for the sake of my sanity, I decided to do it, to tell him.

I needed to take a chance, try something new.

There’s more to life than just to live, right?

Joe’s door opened a moment later, revealing a silly boy with a goofy grin. “Hey.”

“Hi,” I replied happily. Even though I was quite nervous to tell him that I loved him, I always felt happy and safe around him.

“Is everything alright? You look kind of pale.” He looked at me curiously, bringing up a hand to touch my face.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,” I muttered, removing his hand from my face. “We just need to talk.”

His face dropped. “You’re breaking up with me?” He exclaimed.

“What?” I stared at him. “What are you talking about?”

“You just said ‘we need to talk.’ That always means something bad.” He replied, his face looking worried and anxious

“Oh my god, no no no no no no!” I exclaimed quickly, using my hands dramatically. “I didn’t mean it like that. I am not breaking up with you. I just meant that I need to tell you a few things.”

He let out a deep breath of air. “Thank god. You had me scared.”

“Sorry,” I gave him a small smile. “I didn’t realize it came out like that.”

“It’s okay,” he offered me a smile before pulling my face into his, giving me a small kiss. “Can I tell you something first?” He looked eagerly into my eyes.

“Sure,” I smiled, slightly relieved that I wouldn’t have to confess my love to him quite yet.

“Come with me.” He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

--

I could tell Joe was nervous as he led me outside to the patio.

It was weird to see him nervous. He was always calm, cool, and collected. But his cheeks were slightly flushed and it looked like there were a few beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

And he didn’t say a word until we were out on the patio.

He sat me down on a chair before standing in front of me, leaning nervously from side-to-side.

“Nick and I wrote a song a few months ago. It was just after our Disneyland date and I want to sing it to you.” He explained, running a hand through his hair. “It’s my favorite song from the new album. And no one’s heard it yet. Well, except for all the people that helped make it of course. But you get what I mean. No one from the public has-”

“Joe, slow down.” I interrupted his nervous rambling. “Thank you, that’s sweet.”

“Sorry, I’m a little nervous. The song is, well, about you and I want you to like it.” He replied, hesitation in his voice.

“Don’t be nervous.” I reassured him. “I know I’m going to love it.”

“Alright then,” Joe began, sticking his hand out to me. “May I have this dance?”

I giggled and blushed slightly. “Why, certainly.” I placed my hand in his.

He led me to the middle of the patio, placing his right hand on my waist and lacing his left hand with my right one. I slid my left hand onto his shoulder, my right hand already fitting perfectly in his. “Going slightly old-fashioned, are we?”

Joe chuckled. “Yeah.”

“Ready?” He whispered, directing his darks eyes into my light ones.

“Yeah.” I whispered back.

“Wait,” I added quickly, a smile playing on my lips. “There’s no music,” I added dramatically.

Joe chuckled. “You had to add a bit of cliché, didn’t you?”

I grinned at him before he took a deep breath to begin singing.

“Called her for the first time yesterday,” he began, moving his feet with the rhythm he formed with his voice.

”Finally found the missin' part of me
I felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say”


I smiled, listening to every word he said. I’m pretty sure my cheeks were growing darker with every word.

” Now I'm speechless, over the edge
I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this Lovebug again
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this Lovebug again”

” I can't get your smile out of my mind
[I can't get you out of my mind]
I think about your eyes all the time
You're beautiful but you don't even try
[You don't even, don't even try]
Modesty is just so hard to find”


I smiled as a few tears escaped my eyes. I could be such a woman at times, crying at all the hallmark moments I came across.

But the lyrics to the song were so amazing and sweet. And hearing Joe’s voice sing them caused so many emotions to run through me.

”Now I'm speechless, over the edge
I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this Lovebug again
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this Lovebug again”


He removed his hand from mine for a moment to wipe away a tear. He returned his soft hand back to mine before continuing on with the beautiful lyrics.

”Kissed her for the first time yesterday
Everything I wished that it would be
Suddenly I forgot how to speak
Hopeless, breathless
Baby can't you see?


I continued to stare at him as the song flowed on, our legs still gliding slowly together.

I took in every detail of his face. His thick eyebrows were raised, as they always were when he sang, and his eyes were soft, and loving. His cheeks were a light pink, probably from worrying about how I’d react to the song.

He had a light shade of stubble above his upper lip that hinted that he’d probably need to shave in the morning. And his sharp jaw line moved up and down as he began the last part of the song.

He was beautiful; the most beautiful thing that I had ever laid my eyes upon.

“Now I'm speechless, over the edge
I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this Lovebug again
Now I'm hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this Lovebug again
Ohhh
Lovebug again”


As he finished the last words of the song, he looked at me eagerly, hoping that I had loved it.

I was completely speechless and blown away.

A few more tears slipped out of my eyes as I leaned forward and caught his lips in mine.

After a moment in a long, blissful kiss, I pulled away from his lips, my brain finally forming words for my mouth to say.

“That was beautiful,” I told him, slightly breathless from the completely romantic moment we were sharing. “Honestly Joe, I can’t express to you in words how amazing and sweet that was. Those lyrics,” I let out a breath. “Were beautiful. I can’t believe they were partially written about me. I feel like I’m in a dream.”

Joe stared deeply into my eyes, bringing both of his hands to my face to wipe away my tears.

No words needed to be spoken as we kept our eyes locked onto each other.

And there were only three words to express how the both of us were feeling right at that exact moment.

“I love you,” Joe whispered, breaking the silence.

A small smile came to my lips as four words left my mouth. “I love you, too.”

The biggest smile I had ever seen spread across his face at that moment.

He tilted his head and kissed me, cupping my jaw in one hand and holding the back of my neck in the other.

Love was the only thing to describe how Joe kissed me and held me at that moment.

It was a simple kiss, just four lips moving softly together, but the emotions expressed with it were complex.

It was intense, such strong emotions being felt all at once. But it was the best feeling in the entire world.

I was finally in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that wasn't too cheesy...but hey, they finally said I love you!!!

I do want to point out how Katy says "I just meant that I need to tell you a few things" when she goes to talk to Joe.
You'll find out the other thing she needs to tell him in a few chapters. I just wanted to point out that small detail in case if you didn't catch it

And just so you guys know, I've been planning on using Lovebug in the story since like early July. I imagine that it's going to be the song that is featured in a lot of JB fics, so I just wanted to say that I've been wanting to use it for awhile. And I didn't just get the idea after the cd came out.

And lastly I want to say that if you have any questions about the story, please ask them. If you're confused about anything or if something doesn't make sense, please ask. Sometimes I confuse myself with my writing, so I understand if you're confused. Don't by shy or embarrassed, ask anything. =D

And of course, thank you so much for reading! Even if you hated it, I still appreciate you taking the time to read it.
And if you happen to like it, thank you so much! I don't think 'thank you' begins to describe how appreciative I am of you guys! Love you!

And banners are always welcome...;D