& it's all because you're by my side.

Too Adorable

"What are you doing here?" I stared gawking at Joe, a smile firmly plastered on my face.

"Oh, so I don't even get a hello?" He teased, a smile begging to form on his lips. "But I have no clue as to why I'd be here right now."

My smile grew, if that was at all possible.

"Happy anniversary." He spoke softly once I had reached him.

He handed me the twelve beautiful roses.

"Thank you." I whispered back before Joe's lips kissed mine softly.

Oh how I missed his sweet kisses.

I hadn't seen him for about a week and a half and I missed him like crazy.

"You're welcome." He smiled before stealing a few more kisses.

"We should get going, though, I have a surprise for you." He smiled childishly.

"You and your surprises!" I giggled.

He rolled his eyes before pulling me in for another kiss.

"Alright, whisk me away Mr. Jonas." I pulled my keys out of my pocket and handed them to him.

Yes, I know, I was crazy to allow him to drive my car.

--------

"I have a question for you." Joe began sweetly as we lay across the grass in my backyard.

The surprise turned out to be Bob's Big Boy, one of my favorite restaurants, for dinner and then to my house just to relax and spend time together.

We had spent the past few hours snuggled comfortably under the stars.

It was simple, but perfect.

"And what might your question be?" I looked up at him from where my head rested on his chest.

"Well..." He began, clearly contemplating something in his head. "Hold on one sec."

He quickly jumped up and ran inside to grab something.

A few seconds later, he was back outside, this time with his guitar in hand.

I had to admit, I was very curious as to what his question might be.

Especially considering the fact that it required a guitar.

He took a seat next to me on the grass and gave the guitar a few strums.

He looked absolutely adorable.

But when did he ever not look absolutely adorable...

"Before I ask you this, I want to play you a song." He peered at me over his guitar, waiting for approval.

I nodded my head and smiled as he began strumming the guitar.

"To lead a better life I need my love to be here." He began the opening lines of one of my favorite Beatles songs: Here, There And Everywhere.

I couldn't help but grin.

"Here, making each day of the year." He continued, sounding like an angel.

He had such a beautiful voice.

And he looked so adorable sitting with his guitar across his lap.

He was too damn cute.

"Changing my life with the wave of her hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there

"There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there

"I want her everywhere and if she's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

"Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

"I want her everywhere and if she's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

"Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there.

"To be there and everywhere,"
He began the last few lines. "Here, there and everywhere."

He gave the guitar one last strum before looking at me anxiously, hoping that I liked it.

How could I not like it?

"Wow!" I began, at a slight loss for words. "That was beautiful. And amazing! And adorable!"

"Thanks." He smiled sheepishly as he set the guitar beside him on the grass.

"No, thank you. That was sweet." I smiled back at him, feeling myself blush a little. "But what's your question? You have me a little nervous."

"Don't be nervous, it's nothing bad." He reassured me.

He sat for a moment before speaking again.

"I was just wondering-" He paused, a look of nervousness across his face. "I was wondering if you would like to come on tour with us for the summer?" He looked anxiously over at me.

I stared at him, my jaw opened slightly in shock.

Did he just ask me to go on tour with him?

"W-what?" I stuttered out, 'what' being the only word that would form in my vocal chords.

I was surprised, to say the least.

"Will you come on tour with me? For the summer?" He repeated, still a little nervous and hesitant. "Kate, I don't like being away from you. This last week and a half has sucked not being with you. If it weren't for text messaging, we wouldn't have communicated at all. I don't want to go whole summer without you. And considering the fact that you don't have any school, it would work out perfectly. It's like the song; I need you here, there and everywhere. I need you with me.

"Please, please come." He looked at me, his eyes begging for me to say yes.

The wheels were turning in my brain.

I didn't know what to say.

That was a big commitment.

Going on tour with him for a whole summer.

He was right about how hard it was the past few weeks, though.

As easy as it would've been for me to make an excuse to stay, to shy away from the commitment, I couldn't convince myself to make the biggest mistake of my life.

I had to go.

Why not give it a shot?

And plus, he did just play me a Beatles song to convince me to come.

I looked over at him and smiled. "You had to bring the Beatles into it, didn't you?"

He returned the smile and chuckled. "Yeah. Did it work?"

I let out a breath of air. "Yeah, it did." I smiled excitedly as his face lit up.

"So you'll come?"

"Yeah, but only if it's alright with my dad." I replied as he tackled me with a hug.

"Well, lucky for you, I already asked your dad and he said yes!" He exclaimed as he lay partially on top of me.

It's funny how our hug turned into that position…

"Really?" I squealed.

He nodded his head excitedly and brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"You're pretty awesome, you know." I smiled up at him as he stared down at me with those gorgeous eyes of his.

"And so are you." He whispered before climbing completely on top of me.

He propped himself up onto his arms before leaning down and placing those luscious lips of his onto mine.

I smiled into the kiss and slid my arms around his neck.

Clearly he was satisfied with the move because it wasn't long until he slid his tongue into my mouth.

And I thought I had missed his kisses, oh how I missed his tongue.

I was easily lost in the kiss, my stomach filling with butterflies and the familiar goose bumps claiming my arms.

I smiled as he separated his lips from mine to leave a trail of kisses down my jaw line to my ear.

I giggled as he paused right below my ear, giving a few soft kisses; he knew exactly where my ticklish spot was.

I felt him smile before he trailed back up my jaw line and returned back to my lips.

This night couldn't have gone any better.

I just hoped that my dad wasn't watching from inside the house.