& it's all because you're by my side.

Devastation

Before I announce the title that I picked, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who sent me one. I honestly loved them all! This was such a hard choice, no lie. So many of them fit and went perfectly with the story, but I couldn’t pick all of them. I’m really sorry if I didn’t pick yours! But there is good news! I’m planning on having more sequels to this story, so I’m planning to use some of the titles for those. So if I didn’t use your title for this sequel, maybe I’ll use it for another. Some of them fit perfectly for what I have planned later in the story! =)

Nowwww, for the title that I did pick: “Never Want to Let You Go”

Juno(from mibba) and 1girlofyourdreams(from quizilla) both sent me that one! I think it’s pretty fitting and it has a nice ring to it. (And Rita really liked that one! ;D)

Once again, thank you to everyone who sent me one!!! I really appreciate it! =D


-----

Day of the Concert

Ring.

“You’re so evil.” Rita exclaimed from next to me.

Ring.

“Shut up.” I told her, switching the phone to my other ear.

Ring.

“He’s gonna be devastated.” She stated simply.

Ring.

“Don’t even try that guilt trip stuff with me.” I rolled my eyes as I finally heard Joe’s voice on the other line.

“Hello there gorgeous.” He answered happily.

“Hey,” I replied softly.

“I can’t wait to see you tonight.” His voice was filled with excitement and enthusiasm.

I could feel my heart beginning to break at what I was about to tell him. “Actually, I need to talk to you about that,” I told him hesitantly as guilt began to burn in my stomach.

“What about it?” He asked; his voice concerned.

“Well,” I began slowly. “I might not be able to make it.”

“What?” The excitement in his voice disappeared completely.

“I’m at school right now and I have to stay for a few more hours. And it’s about an hour drive to the amphitheater and I’ll miss pretty much the whole thing.” I replied, squirming at my lie.

“Oh.” He muttered disappointedly. “That’s alright. I’ll get to see you tomorrow, right?” He tried to hide the disappointment, only fooling himself.

“Yeah, of course.” I replied, feeling completely guilty for intentionally hurting him.

We sat in silence for a moment.

“I gotta get back to my schoolwork, so I’ll talk to you later.” I broke the silence awkwardly.

“Alright,” Joe replied. “Bye.”

“I’m sorry Joe.” I added quickly before he was able to hang up.

“It’s ok.” He told me, attempting to sound all right.

“Bye Joe.” I whispered before pulling the phone away from my ear and hitting ‘end’.

I looked at Rita, a knowing look on her face.

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t even say I told you so.”

She smirked. “Was I right or was I right?”

I glared at her. “He was crushed,” I paused. “You were right.”

“Well, he won’t be after seeing you in that sexy yellow dress. Let’s go get ready!” She stood up excitedly before pulling me off the couch.

The end.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're a little confused by the ending, that's ok. That's kind of how it's supposed to be.

I felt that it would be fitting to finish with a cliff-hanger-type ending. ;D

I do want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone that has read, commented, and/or messaged me about the story! I greatly appreciate the reviews and encouragement! =)

THANK YOU!!!

The triquel will be coming soon to a computer screen near you! Never Want to Let You Go