& it's all because you're by my side.

I'll Be Back Soon

Sorry, it's short...and filler-ish...

"Joe?" I whispered, shaking his sleeping body gently.

Knowing that Joe was just down the hall in the guest bedroom made it impossible for me to sleep.

He lifted his head and squinted at me through his puffy sleep eyes. "Mmhmm?"

"Scoot over." I smiled, his hair was a complete mess and he had pillow creases on his cheek. He looked so cute.

"Huh?"

"Scoot over. I want to sleep with you." I motioned for him to scoot.

"Oh." He whispered back, finally scooting over and lifting the covers so I could join him.

I crawled in and snuggled next to him. He wrapped his arm tightly around me and kissed my neck softly.

"That's much better." I smiled.

I felt him smile. "Night Katy." He whispered.

"Night Joe." I whispered back.

--

"These goodbyes aren't getting any easier." I frowned as we stood in the crowded San Francisco airport.

It was much similar to the time I left New Jersey.

Except this time our roles were switched: he'd be leaving on the plane as I stayed and watched him go.

"I know." He frowned as well. "But," his eyes lit up. "You do know what's in a few weeks, don't you?"

I scrunched my face up in confusion. "No, what?"

"Oh, it's nothing too important." He shrugged. "It's just your 17th birthday."

My mouth flew open, I had completely forgotten. "That's coming up, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is." He chuckled. "And you know what happens when you're born on the first of a month, don't you?"

I stared at him confusedly, again. He was good at making me feel dumb this morning. "No, what happens when you're born on the first of the month?"

He sighed melodramatically. "Do you know anything? It means that we have to celebrate the whole month! Duh!"

"Huh?"

"You were born on June first, so that means we have to celebrate the whole month: every day." He exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh gosh, we don't have to celebrate every day." I blushed, starting to feel slightly self-conscious.

"What are you talking about?" He looked at me like I was a crazy woman. "Yes, we do. And I certainly plan on taking full advantage of it. You just need to leave the full month open for if I decide to come and whisk you away on a surprise trip."

I giggled. He was taking this birthday thing really serious.

I suppose I could get used to celebrating my birthday for the whole month.

"Just so you know, I already have a few things planned." His hands came up and held my face gently. "And you're just going to love them!"

He flashed his adorable crooked grin before kissing me sweetly on the lips.

"Do you have to go?" I asked as our lips separated for a moment.

He looked down at me as a look of sadness came over his face. "I'll be back soon." He kissed me again. "I promise."