& it's all because you're by my side.

We Promised

I slammed my car door shut and lugged my backpack into my house.

I was exhausted.

Teachers sure knew how to work kids up until the very last day.

I had a pounding headache, probably from stressing too much over my grades.

All I could hope was that I didn’t completely flunk any of my finals.

Once I entered my house, I dropped my bag right by the door and threw my keys on a table in the hall.

At this point, all I wanted to do was crash on the couch; maybe catch some Boy Meets World and Full House on ABCFamily.

I took a deep breath and walked towards the living room, a smile forming on my face. It was over.

School was finally over.

I walked into the living room, the thought of only one more year of high school playing happily across my mind. I was so in thought that I didn’t even notice the individuals in the room.

I was pulled from my thoughts as quiet barking and little paws padding across the floor were heard.

I squealed and picked up the little ball of energy. “Noodle!”

“Oh, that’s nice. You’re more excited to see the dog than you are to see me.” Joe spoke from the couch, a smirk across his face.

I smiled even wider and rushed towards him, tackling him in a tight hug once I reached him. I made sure that Noodle didn’t get squished in the process, though.

“Well, lucky for you I didn’t forget what you two looked like.” I teased, the adorable picture of Joe and Noodle flashing through my mind.

Joe smiled before pulling my face into his, our lips colliding for a kiss. We separated and he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

“I missed you.” He muttered, his arms still tightly around me.

“I missed you, too. And I can’t believe I actually fell for your little ‘I won’t be able to bring Noodle until later next week’.” I rolled me eyes, changing my tone while quoting Joe.

I should have known he was completely full of crap when he told me he wouldn’t be able to make until the next week to bring Noodle.

Joe chuckled. “Am I good or what?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, you’re pretty good.” I petted Noodle as my head rested on his shoulder. “How long are you here for?”

“I have to leave tonight.” He replied sadly. “But, I have a surprise for you this week.”

I perked up, lifting my head from his shoulder. “Really?”

“Mmhmm.” He grinned. “But I can't tell you when or what. I think you’re going to love it, though.”

I smiled at him before kissing him.

I gave him a look as an idea popped into my head. “Would you say that you’d be here long enough for a make-out session?”

He raised his eyebrows, liking the thought. “Oh yeah, definitely.”

He picked Noodle up and set her onto the floor before laying me back on the couch and climbing on top of me.

“Poor Noodle.” I exclaimed before Joe crashed his lips onto mine, immediately sending his tongue into my mouth.

--

I entered my room, closed the door and made my way to my bed. I was bored.

I sighed and fell back onto the fluffy comforter of my bed.

Joe’s surprise had been on my mind all weekend. I hadn’t the slightest idea when a clue would pop up for it.

It was only Monday so I had the whole week to ponder this surprise.

I glanced up around my room and sat up quickly as I noticed something hanging on the door of my closet. Maybe that clue would be now??

I walked toward the item, realizing that it was a dress bag.

I pulled a yellow post-it off of the dress bag.

In Joe’s handwriting was scribbled:

‘Pack your bags babe,
We’ve got a date.
You & Me,
Someplace special.
Plane leaves Wednesday morning,
Be ready.’


I smiled at Joe’s sloppy handwriting. He could be so romantic.

I slowly pulled the zipper on the dress bag down, not wanting to damage the dress.

I pulled the dress out of the bag at stared at the black fabric. It was beautiful.

It was a short black dress, with a silver sequined bow wrapped around the stomach.

I had myself stumped as to where Joseph could be taking me in such an exquisite dress.

--

Once I found out that the plane I was on was taking me to New York, I had an idea of what the surprise could be.

But the theory I had in my head seemed too crazy.

There was no way Joe would take me to that.

I had the long plane ride from California to New York to ponder my theory and I came to the conclusion that I was probably wrong.

But the dress totally fit the occasion...

I pushed my thoughts aside as the plane finally hit the ground. I was too excited to see my boyfriend to worry about where he was taking me.

I hurried off the plane and through the airport towards the public area.

I eagerly scanned the crowd for Joe, scooting my carry-on bag up my arm in the process.

I frowned when I saw that it was just Nick and Kevin there to pick me up.

I slowly walked towards them; they finally noticed me as I had almost reached them.

“Hey,” they each gave a small wave before engulfing me in a hug.

“Where’s Joe?” I asked, not being able to hide my disappointment that he wasn’t there.

Kevin chuckled. “Funny story…”

“He was originally going to pick you up,” Nick continued. “But at the last minute he realized that he would be too excited and ruin the surprise.”

“So he sent us,” Kevin finished.

I chuckled. “That is so Joe.”

They laughed along with me as we began heading towards baggage claim.

“So, do either of you want to tell me what the surprise is?” I asked, hoping that one would spill.

“Nope, we promised we wouldn’t tell.” Kevin replied. “Joe said that he’ll tell you before the actual surprise, but he wants you to get all ready before you find out.”

“He’s scared that you won’t want to go after finding out what it is,” Nick added.

He closed his mouth quickly. “I probably shouldn’t have told you that.”

I looked between the two, both set on getting my bags and going before one spilled.

The wheels began turning in my brain.

Maybe my theory was right??

-----

The dress:
Image
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that this story isn't getting too boring for you guys...

If it is, I apologize.

Hopefully it'll get more exciting.

Thank you for reading! =D

Oh, and if you think you know what the surprise is, leave your guess in a comment! =D I LOVE getting comments!