A Year For You

February; Gerard

I'm just a simple coffee barrista.

I once had dreams.

I once had goals.

They were taken away.

I watch him come in here everyday, that rising star. He's dark and incredible and...

Well, enough about that.

I wanted to study Classic American Literature at college.

But hey, there was only enough in the fund for one.

Yeah, my sister. Callie. Callista Anne Thomas. Actually, we're twins.

She's evil with a face of an angel. And goddamn, she uses that look every time.

I'm actually a girl, despite my name.

They thought it was one girl, one boy. So my name was to be Gerard.

They never thought to pick out another name. So when I was born, I became Geraldine. Geraldine Thomas. Not thoughtful enough to choose a new second name too.

Even from when I was one, I hated the name Geraldine.

I became many things over the years. Gee, Dina, Gerry...

I finally settled on my own name. Gerard. It was the name they were originally intending to give me. It's different.

So here I was, in Starbucks, behind the counter.

Callie's ex walks in. He's dark, brooding and handsome. God knows why she screwed things up with him.

"One Americano..." He counts money. "Grande, please. To go."

I smile sweetly back, noting his gorgeous dark eyes.

"Any extras? Foam? Syrup?" Me?

He shakes his head and I ring it up, taking his money and writing on the cup. I do the Americano, and write my number and name on the cup. It always works in the movies, right?

He walks out, draining the cup quickly for a burst of energy. Then he threw the cup away, not so much as a look at the side.

You don't live in a fairytale world I reprimanded myself. Back to the dead-end job then.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is February then
Enjoy!
=]