The Tears of Time

I Don't.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ella walked, out of the Citadel and into the woods surrounding it. Oak trees towered around her, imposing but not unfriendly. A thick green carpet of moss swept out from under her feet, scattered with crinkled orange, red and yellow leaves.

Being in love, she realised, could very easily be confused with lust.

Now on her own, she was able to distinguish between the mixture of feelings which lurked under the surface of her every day thoughts. She didn’t want to hurt Raphael, though she felt oddly resentful of him. Though he had not forced himself on her, she had felt unable to turn him away. She realised that his future would not be a happy one.

She smiled sadly, and the wood fell away to a sloping hillside, where the altar stood framed by twin willows, the silver bark peeling away from their trunks, littering the ground with paper thin pieces. She stood, watching the sun rise above the far hill. The sky flooded with a rainbow of colours, spilling out onto the citadel below, casting the far side into deep shadow, raising the closer in bright relief. She slipped the thin cotton blanket off her shoulders, leaving them bare to the gentle caress of the breeze, and laid it folded on the stone altar.

“Are you ok?” Raphael’s soft voice asked, a warm hand lingering on her bare shoulder making her flinch, “I missed you when I woke up.”

“Sorry, should have left a note,” Ella apologised, shivering as his arms slipped around her waist.

“It’s alright,” he whispered, kissing her neck which crawled horribly.

“Thirteen days…” she sighed after a while.

“It’s long enough,” Raphael said, firm, without fear.

“I wish… O, I don’t know.”

“I wish we’d had more time together,” Raphael admitted, his lips brushing softly against her jaw line, down along her throat and then back up again.

“You’d always want more time though. Eternity would never be enough.”

“Eternity!” Raphael laughed, “If I could only have an eternity with you…”

“I’m still doubting,” Elanor admitted, “This doesn’t feel right.”

“You said you loved me.”

“I thought… I don’t know what I thought,” Elanor cried.

“You don’t know what you thought? Ella, you don’t just lie about your feelings! Do you love me or not?” he asked, angrily, stepping away.

“I-I… I don’t.”

“I don’t isn’t good enough,” Raphael said, and stormed off into the woods.

Ella gulped, something aggressive stirring in her, a desire to smite Raphael from the face of the Earth. It niggled at her, an uncomfortable pressure in her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
FAQ people!!! And read last chapters Author note if you havn't yet.

Ivy, xXGreyWingsXx (c) 2008