I Always Hated Secrets.

One Down.

I placed my other incredibly shaky hand on the cool leather of the amp case as my heart went into overdrive.

"H-hello?" I repeated, furrowing my eyebrows in utter confusion and fear.

Thump.

It was coming from right beneath my finger tips. Was it Mikey or Bob, or even Gerard?

I choked out a strangled cry as my fingers made quick work to unlatch the clasps on the case. Squeezing my eyes shut, I flung the top open and sobbed quietly, backing away from the case in fear.

My eyes were still closed, and I heard nothing but heavy breathing. And it wasn't mine.

"Answer me when I fucking say hello!" I shrieked through my sobs, cracking my eyes open slowly to see a small bony hand clutching the edge of the case.

The hand looked oddly familiar to..

"Mikey?!" I gasped, crawling to the box hesitantly as my sobs subsided.

"F-f-Frank?" I heard Mikey whimper. I reached the case and peered in, letting a loud scream fall out of my mouth at the sight of my best friend.

Mikey's face was bloody and beaten, his lip and eyebrow evidently bust open. A large purple bruise was forming around his right eye, and it was starting to swell shut. He had bruises and lacerations littering his neck and chest. A bone in his ribcage was jutting straight out, because it had obviously been broken.

My gaze traveled down and I screamed again, in horror and bewilderment. Mikey was naked.

"O-oh, please t-tell me he- he d-didn't!" I wailed, slapping my hands down on my thighs in rage. I looked up at Mikey, who had wrestled himself out of the fetal position he was stuck in, and felt guilty for not even helping him up.

Mikey bit at his trembling lip and looked away as a few tears slid out of his eyes, creating small streaks through the smears of blood that had dried on his face.

"Oh god, f-fuck! W-why, this? Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I screamed, questions zipping through my mind at a million miles a minute.

Why this? Why would he rape him? Why would he do this?

"F-Frank, just.. p-please- please calm d-down." Mikey whimpered, his eyes shining with horror.

I was hit with a feeling of guilt again, because I was clearly scaring him, and screaming like this was probably not the best idea.

Gently taking Mikey in my arms, I pulled him out of the case with ease and placed him on my lap, muttering apologies over and over.

"D-don't be sorry, Frankie. He did this because he's sick.. and really fucked up. This has no-" I cut him off, not wanting to hear him say it.

"Please, do not fucking say that this has nothing to do with me, Mikey. You know, you really do know that this has everything to do with me. If he didn't know that I'm in love with Gerard, he would've never started this, and he would've never done this to you!" I seethe, not angry at Mikey, but angry at myself.

"Your in love with Gerard?" Mikey whispered, making my eyes widen in realization.

I fucking said it! How stupid am I? After everything I've done to cover it up, it just slips right out!

"I-I.. It.. W-well, it's just that I-I um.." I mentally slapped myself for sounding like such a fool.

Way to go, Frank.

"It's fine Frank, just.. what about Bob?" Mikey asked, raising his unharmed eyebrow.

I bit my lip and decided to not even try and argue with him, and replied, "He knows.. He says he's going to help me get Gee.. He's being so great about it."

Mikey smiled and nodded, "Thats Bob Bryar for you. Always so amazing and great.."

I raised an eyebrow at the dreamy smile on Mikey's face and see him blush a deep red.

"You like him, don't you!" I gasped, grinning at the embarrassed look that had settled on Mikey's features.

He nodded and put his fingers to lips, letting me know to keep it a secret.

"Alright, alright." I smiled, getting up slowly, with Mikey still in my arms.

I set him on Gerard's bunk, because I didn't want to have to climb all the way up the the ladder, balancing him in my arms. I went to the washroom and grabbed a small face cloth, wetting it with warm water.

Once I was back at Gerard's bunk, I sat down beside Mikey and wiped his body down slowly, before sliding him into his boxers and loose pajamas.

A small rustle made it's way to my ears and I froze, because neither of us had made the sound.

"Mikey.. Where are Bob and Gerard?"