You Fight For All The Wrong Reasons

My Beautiful Sanctuary

I walked towards Cam, trying to look as composed as I could.

It wasn’t working.

The early fall breeze blew my tears down my face like rain on a windshield. My body was still screaming from what had happened mere minutes ago, and I could feel Ray’s affects on me starting to ooze from the inside out.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Cam ran towards me, smoothing my hair. His eyes were etched with worry, sweeping across my face.

And I poured absolutely every action, every painful word, every emotion into my beautiful, beautiful sanctuary. I completely fell apart. Tears rained down onto his shirt, and his lips absorbed all the rest. I was shaking so hard in his arms, but he held me so close, I knew that my racking cries were vibrating through his chest as well.

“Shhh,” Cam said soothingly, kissing the bridge of my nose. “Don’t listen to him. Do what’s right for you.” He paused. “But, if I’m not what’s right for you…if you think I’m hurting the pack, I would let you push me away.”

I looked at him, disbelieving. “No!” I cried, hugging him closer. “You’re staying with me!”

He chuckled. “Good.” His eyes turned serious again. “I understand, baby. Don’t let him tear you apart. I know what it’s like to be burned, too, remember?” He smiled, hoping to get one out of me.

It worked. “Yeah.” I smiled at those beautiful eyes…eyes that had been given a second chance.

He grinned. “That’s my girl.” He lifted me up in his arms, and I flung my arms around his neck. “You’re on top of the world, baby. Nothing can happen to you.”

I smiled in spite of myself and kissed his perfect lips. He bent his forehead onto mine. “You’re gonna be okay.”

“Just as long as you’re here.”

Cam laughed. “Of course I’ll be here. I’ll be here forever and ever.”

I slid down from his arms as we reached his car, climbing into the passenger’s seat.

Cam reached over and smudged one tear away with his thumb. “Please don’t cry,” he whispered.

“I’ll try.” I smiled through my tears.

He kissed my forehead. “So where do you want to go today?”

I paused. “I’d like to go straight home…if you don’t mind.” I smiled softly.

“Nope, not at all. First stop, the Forthright Residence.”

I knew he was trying to cheer me up. It was working, a little bit. But Ray’s words – and blow – still hurt a lot.

As we pulled up to my house and Cam unlocked the doors, he turned to me. “Promise me you’ll be okay?”

“I promise.”

“’Kay.” He kissed my cheek. “Call me if you need me or something.”

“Will do. I love you.”

“As do I. Now go and listen to some uplifting music or something. You had better be smiling before the weekend is out.”

God, I love this boy.

I waved to him, slipped my key in the door, and shut it behind me.

I let my bookbag fall to the floor with the rest of me. I put my head in my hands.

I was all alone.

Glancing, at the telephone, I realized that I wasn’t.

As I dialed his number, I laughed out loud as I saw Cam’s red Chevy speeding down the street through the window.

He picked up after the first ring. There was laughter in his voice. “Yes?”

“I guess I needed you or something.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update todayyy =)