You Fight For All The Wrong Reasons

"Buffy's" Reunion

“Audrey! You’re alive!”

I didn’t need to look up to know who that was. But I did anyway, to see his big, goofy smile.

“Mitch!” I cried, ecstatic to see a familiar face again. (Cam had left that afternoon, just before the power came back on again).

Mitch jumped, plopping himself on the bed beside me, grinning.

“Careful, Mitchell! She’s still recovering!”

Christina, our-doctor-to-be. “He’s fine,” I said. Her pursed lips pulled back into a huge smile. “Hey, babe! How’re you feeling?”

“Fine. You’re bed’s very comfortable. Thank you for the hospitality.”

Christina grinned. “Anytime.” She perched herself on the edge of her bed, next to Mitch.

The doorknob clattered and the door swung open. In came Julia, wearing a navy blue babydoll top and white shorts. “Hi, Audrey! Nice to see you awake and everything.” Ryan followed in behind her, shooting me a grin. “Close shave, Buffy. Glad you’re feeling better.”

I laughed. “I didn’t do anything. Cam did all the dirty work.”

“I saw him this morning,” Julia said. “We said hello and talked about you for a while. He’s a sweet guy.”

Wow. That was a lot coming from Julia, Cam being a vampire. Mitch rolled his eyes, but he couldn’t keep a smile off his face. Apparently the pack and Cam had time to bond somewhat between now and then.

Julia was stradled on a chair and Ryan was sprawled out on the floor. Five werewolves in one bedroom. Still, it felt empty.

“Where’s Ray?” I asked.

“He said he was going to come…but I guess not,” Christina said softly.

“Oh.” I looked down. “I wasn’t expecting him anyways…”

“No, you shouldn’t feel guilty,” Christina said immediately, her fiery eyes meeting mine. “Ray has no right to be so moody about this and to hold this against you.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“So, when does she get to move about?” Mitch asked, changing the subject.

“Probably tomorrow, if her fever’s gone.”

Mitch edged away from me, pretending to look wary.

“She’s not contagious,” Christina said, rolling her eyes.

“Good.”

I kicked him playfully, my foot under the covers.

“Hey, you’re lucky you’re sick, ‘cause I would have gotten you for that one.”

“Yeah, okay,” I said with a grin. Ray or no Ray, our pack was still complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one day! Yeahh I'm on a roll :]
Don't worry, it gets more exciting in the next chapter.