The Odd One Out

Chapter 1

I walked down the street to get to know the neighbourhood and to find the closest way to school. I foundout that if I walked through our backyeard I'd just have to walk about 50 meters down the road then I had the school right there. I walked back to our new house and up to my room. As I laid down on my bed I started to think about going to a new school tomorrow. It would suck big time, I just knew it.

"Miro, we have a guest! Come down, please?" I heard mom yell from downstairs.

Igroaned and walked downstairs. A woman sat at the kitchentable with a cup of coffe infront of her.

"Hi, I'm your new neighbour!" the woman said and smiled at me.

"I'm Miro. Miro Takahashi." I said.

"Miro, her son are in the livingroom if you want to talk to them.. They are in your class, you know!" mom said.

"Okay mother." I said and walked to the livingroom. As promised there were a guy there. "Hey.." I said shyly and sat down on the couch.

"Hi. I'm Gustav."

"Miro Takahashi." I'm used to present myself with my whole name.

"Pretty name.."

"Thanks.."

"I don't want to sound rude, but your english is really great.. Were you born here?"

"You don't sound rude, I've heard that lots of times.. And yes, I was born here.. My mom and dad moved here from Japan maybe two years before I was born.."

"Okay.."

"Gustav, we have to go now!" the woman said, poking her head in the livingroom.

"Okay.. I'll guess I'll see you tomorrow then.."

"Yeah.. Bye."

I spent the rest of the day in my room, trying to figure out what to wear tomorrow. I decided on my white dress with pink ribbons on it. It will go great with my hair. I took out my colored contacts before I went to bed.

The next day I woke up at six. I took a shower, blowdried my hair and got dressed. I looked myself in the mirror and realized I almost forgot my contacts. I put them in, grabbed my bag and walked to school. I was very different from everyone else, but that's okay really.. I'm used to it.

When the bell rang I looked at my schedual and tried to find my way to te classroom. I was 15 minutes late. What a great way to start your first day in a new school..