Status: Finished.

Club Angel's Kiss

Fights and Warnings.

“Oh, Amber! You’re awake!” Matt flung his arms around me in a bone crushing embrace.

I let out a cry and wiggled around, trying to fight off this sudden onset of affection from my King. I put my arms on his chest and shoved backwards.

It did nothing, of course. He didn’t move.

I shot my good arm out in the direction of everyone else and let out a squeak of fear. “Help!”

“Okay, Matt. Let her go. You’re going to kill her.” Brian put his hand on Matt’s shoulder and very easily ripped him away from me.

Damn vampires. They just had to be stronger than me.

I took one lithe leap backwards and clutched the kitchen counter.

Zacky draped his arms over my shoulders, holding me close.

Matt shrugged away from Brian’s hand. “Amber, I can’t believe you’re still alive.” His voice sounded like he was genuinely happy to see me, something that sent a wave of shock jolting through me.

I leaned my head against Zacky’s shoulders.

“Are you okay?” I asked, smiling up at him.

The purple seemed even darker now. It frightened me. He needed to eat immediately.

I ran my fingers over his cold cheek, not being able to help myself.

He smiled. “I’m fine, but what about you? Are you still in need of food?”

I nodded. “Yes.”

“I’ll get Rave to cook you something in a moment.” Zacky pressed his lips to my temple.

Matt stepped closer to us. His hand reached out and caressed my cheek.

“Oh, my Queen. It is so wonderful to see you with…color in your face,” he whispered, leaning closer to me. “You are so beautiful--”

Suddenly, I was standing on the complete other side of the kitchen. I still felt Zacky pressed against me, and one of his arms resided around my waist tightly.

Every pair of eyes in the room was turned toward us, staring at us, shocked.

“You know it was your fault any of this happened,” Zacky growled ferociously.

“I know, Vengeance,” Matt shot, raising his hands. “But…Amber…”

The grip Zacky held around me tightened, almost choking the breath from me. I gasped, but stayed quiet. The tension in the air was enough to tell me I should shut up.

I shot a glance to Brian and Rave, where they stood close behind Matt. They were completely frozen. Their faces held a look of readiness, like they were posed for battle.

Johnny, Inez, and Jett stood closer to our side. Johnny’s face was etched with…dread and sorrow. He mirrored exactly how I was feeling.

Zacky let another growl rip from his throat. I looked quickly to Matt, as he took another step toward us.

I shook my head. “Stop,” I mouthed silently. I did not need want to see Zack kill Matt. I had no desire for that.

Matt held out his hands. Say it louder. His voice suddenly filled my head, requesting the order.

What…do you mean?

But he didn’t have time to answer. He had crossed the kitchen much too quickly for Zack’s comfort. Zacky’s arm left my waist and he moved passed me.

The next thing that happened caused me to drop to my knees. Zacky and Matt’s bodies collided. They crashed together with loud, vicious roars, and their collision sounded like two trains smashing into each other.

I clamped my hands down over my ears.

Rave let out a loud, earsplitting scream. Brian grabbed her around the waist and flung her over to us. She landed on her feet like a cat right beside me.

Brian and Johnny moved quickly. Brian took Matt, Johnny took Zacky. They yanked them backwards, but it didn’t help. The two went right back to growling and trying to rip at each other’s throats.

“What the fuck is going on?!” Jimmy came bounding into the kitchen, probably having heard his mate’s screech. “WHAT?!”

“Matt and Zack are trying to kill each other!” Inez yelled.

Jimmy rushed to the scuffle in the middle of the floor.

I closed my eyes and bowed my head. My hand remained pressed against my ears. I could still hear the terrible screams and the shouts for them to stop.

I couldn’t take it anymore.

Zacky was just protective over me. And having not eaten only made him more irritable. This was a simple fight between men. If they were humans, it would be perfectly normal, nothing more than mean words and a few punches.

But them being powerful vamps made it twice as bad.

And it was because of me!

God, why did I have to be the downfall of such a nice place?

“STO-OP!” I screamed, tears falling from my eyes. “Stop it, NOW!”

Everything went silent.

I scrunched up my nose. They had killed themselves. Of course.

I opened one eye. Everyone had stopped. Zacky and Matt stood panting. Brian, Johnny, and Jimmy stood between them, their arms extended out to keep them apart.

I opened my other eye and raised my head.

“What…happened?” I murmured.

Matt grinned. “You gave an order,” he replied. “No one in the coven can disobey you.”

“Oh.” My body gave out beneath me and I collapsed onto the floor. I pressed my cheek against the cold tile, my stomach rolling.

I felt very lightheaded and my lips were numb.

“Amber, are you okay?” Jett pressed her freezing palm against my forehead. The drastic change in temperature felt extremely nice.

I shook my head in response. “No. I…feel…bad.”

“She has low blood sugar,” Johnny pointed out.

I groaned.

Jett stood up. “Take Zacky upstairs, make him drink. Don’t let him come back until he’s under control.” She made a disturbed sound. “I’ll cook Amber some food. The last thing we need is her passing out.”

Brian grabbed Zacky’s shoulders and pushed him toward the staircase.

I wanted to tell him to stop, to come back and take me with him. I couldn’t, though. My voice was now nonexistent. So I had to watch Brian push him out of view.

My heart immediately gave a violent pang.

I had to spend more time away from him! After two weeks, there would be yet another space of time where I couldn’t touch him or see his face. I couldn’t kiss him…

Everything kept getting worse.

“Come on, Amber.” Johnny grabbed my waist and pulled me up.

My legs refused to hold my weight. I fell completely limp in Johnny’s arms, the whole room around me turning black.

“You better start cooking,” Johnny called. His voice sounded far away, distant. “She’s getting weaker by the second.”

“I swear!” Jett cried. “Why did no one feed her for two weeks? It’s just really--”

Her voice trailed off.

I heard a door open. Johnny was whispering things to me, things that I could neither hear nor make out. It was close to impossible.

Johnny settled me down onto something soft. I let my fingers touch the fabric beneath me. I was surprised to feel…leather?…and plush cushions.

He must have stuck me in the living area beside the kitchen.

My vision was still completely black.

“Amber, can you hear me?”

“S-Sort of.”

I felt his hands touch my cheeks. “Does that feel better?”

Yes, it did. Much like Jett had done earlier, the coolness of his natural body temperature made my sweaty skin feel soothed and pleasant.

I could have fallen asleep, but he probably would have thought I died and that would send a whole new ripple of panic through the coven.

“Can you stay with me, Amber? Can you talk to me so that I know you’re not falling into a coma?” Johnny questioned, stroking his palms across my face. “Say something. God damn, your blood smells so weak.”

I choked out a raspy laugh. “Thanks. I’m happy my blood smells so terrible to everyone.”

Johnny sighed and pulled me closer to his chest. I closed my eyes. The swirling darkness was starting to make me nauseous.

All was silent.

I focused on breathing. Just breathing in and out, in and out. I had to keep hold of reality, couldn’t let the darkness take me under.

Zacky would no doubt blame it on himself if something happened to me thanks to my low blood sugar. He would guilt himself to death, then I would never be able to live with myself because I let him die.

It was simply a domino effect that I had no desire to cause.

“Listen. Don’t blame Zacky for this,” Johnny broke the silence. “He couldn’t help himself. You’re his mate, and we’re all very protective of our mates.”

I was holding nothing against Zack. I knew what happened. I didn’t need reassuring or explaining.

“And not eating makes us cranky.”

“I know,” I croaked. “I don’t blame him, either. I understand exactly what happened.”

Johnny rubbed my arm with his palm.

“I do have a question, though,” I piped up. “Why did Zacky not eat? How long did he go without eating?”

“The entire time you were passed out, he didn’t eat,” Johnny answered solemnly. “He refused to leave your side, even when he knew he wouldn’t be able to control himself around you and your…human smell.”

He sighed.

I made a mental note to take a chunk out of Zack’s ass when he was finished drinking.

“Obsidian attempted to get him to drink. He brought him a bag and everything, but Zack ignored him and told him to get out of the room. Apparently, he didn’t like anyone being around you. He only allowed Chalice inside, but only because she was once a nurse in the White Cloud hospital.”

Well, at least my almost dead body had been in good hands. I had nothing to worry about, and yet I had ended up dreaming terrible things.

I cringed and pushed away the dreadful images of Zacky’s mangled body.

“Why did Zee attack Matt?” I whispered, opening my eyes.

I could see clearly now. We were in fact in the orange living area, sitting on the big leather sectional that was incredibly comfortable.

I glanced up at Johnny.

“Matt still thinks of you as his property, in a way.” He bared his teeth with an audible snap that sent shivers down my spine. “Zack knows this and I guess he just felt really territorial.”

“Because I’m his mate?” I guessed.

“Well, you’re the closest thing to a mate he has,” Johnny said, unclenching his teeth.

I pulled away from him quickly. “I’m the closest thing to a mate he has? What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“He…hasn’t…Um…”

The door opened. Jett came jaunting in with a plate of something balanced on her hand, a smile on her face.

She crossed over to us and placed the plate in my lap, along with a fork and a can of some kind of soda.

I stared down at the plate. It smelled delicious, I just had no idea exactly what it was. At first glance, it appeared to be chicken and noodles drowned in some kind of sauce. The entire quantity reeked of garlic.

I glanced at Jett and Johnny.

“What? Vampires aren’t repelled by garlic either?” I asked, stabbing a piece of the chicken.

“No. Human food just…doesn’t smell good to us,” Jett muttered. She plopped down beside me and sighed deeply. “I wanted to throw up just cooking it.”

I popped it in my mouth and chewed the spongy, awkward tasting substance. I shuddered and dropped the fork back onto the plate.

“What is this?” I whispered, gulping.

I snatched up the soda and cracked it open.

“Some freezer dinner thing.” Jett leaned her head against the back of the couch. “Why? Taste like shit?”

“Beyond.” I took a long drink of the fizzing liquid, my cringe still residing on my face. “But I’m extremely hungry.”

I sat the can on the coffee table in front of me before picking my fork back up. I stabbed one of the thin noodles.

Johnny patted my back.

“All you have to do is eat enough to get your blood sugar up,” he said. “And then you can make something that you actually like.”

I stuffed a few noodles in my mouth and chewed without tasting. The noodles and the sauce itself hardly tasted like anything, so I shoveled them in with fervor, leaving the chicken pushed off to one side of the plate.

The food was gone in a matter of moments.

I scrunched up my nose. “That was bad,” I whispered, dropping my fork among the discarded pieces of chicken.

Jett grabbed my plate and rose from the couch. She ruffled my hair before crossing the room quickly and disappearing back into the kitchen.

Johnny sighed. “Are you still hungry?” he inquired, slapping his hands onto his knees and standing up.

I shook my head. “A little, but I think I’ll live.” I slowly hoisted myself up. “Can I go see Zack? I…miss him.”

“I knew you were going to ask that.” He laughed heartily.

I rolled my eyes and sauntered passed him over to the door. He laughed again as he walked to my side and led me carefully back into the kitchen and up the staircase.

We wound our way through the many hallways upstairs, passing by numerous closed doors with signs and carvings and writings. By now, I knew where all my favorite people were located.

I scrunched up my nose as we moved passed Zacky’s bedroom. The door was wide open and empty.

“Wait.” I halted in front of the ajar doorway and took my hand out of Johnny’s. “Can you tell Zacky to meet me in his room? I don’t want to interrupt his meal.”

“Whatever you wish,” Johnny whispered. He turned and disappeared down the hallway and out of my line of vision.

I slipped inside the room and closed the door behind me. The concrete flooring beneath my feet was freezing cold, so I dashed over to his bed and sprawled out onto the black silk blankets.

Immediately, I buried my head in one of his soft pillows.

It smelled like home.

Well, not like my home, but the gentle smell of lavender soothed me and made me feel at ease, something that hadn’t happened since I woke up from my two week sleep.

I sighed and closed my eyes, taking another deep breath of the scented fabric.

The sense of wellbeing that washed over me immediately put me in mind of Zacky. As strange as that sounds…

“Amber?”

I lifted my head from the pillow in one jerky movement.

Zacky stood across the room, leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed over his chest. His eyes were locked onto my face and the dim lighting from the hallway spilled over his shoulders and onto his face.

His cheeks were completely rid of the sickening purple glow. It was now a healthy, almost human looking, pale white.

I smiled. “Hi. You feeling okay?”

“Yes, yes. I ju--” He shifted from one foot to the other. “I just…Amber, I…Dammit.”

He crossed the room in a split second, coming to a stop beside the bed. He reached his arms out until he grabbed my hips in a tight hold and yanked me off the mattress.

I gave a gasp of surprise and he crushed me to his chest, his arms wrapping around my waist to hold me there fiercely.

I struggled against his grasp for a second. I couldn’t breathe all that well and his arms were so…strong.

“Zackary, release!” I ordered.

Zacky opened his arms and dropped me with a thud back to the bed. I propped myself up with my elbows and stared at him.

“Thank you?” I whispered, making a sound. “Now, are you okay?”

“No.” He sank down beside me. “I’m so sorry. I can’t believe I acted like such an insane, bloodthirsty asshole back there. You probably hate me…Think I’m a monster.”

Zacky leaned closer against me, his nose against my neck. He inhaled deeply.

“You are crazy,” I whispered with a slight giggle. “I don’t hate you and I don’t think you’re a monster. I understand what happened.”

“Even about what I did to Matt?”

“Yes, I understand that, too,” I answered. “You are protective over me, because I’m your, um…girlfriend?”

Zacky pressed his lips to my neck, his mouth moving slowly across my skin. I tilted my head backward and to the side.

I parted my lips and moaned gently.

Zack grabbed my shoulders. “You are my mate,” he growled. He pushed me down onto my back and sat down on my pelvis. “Therefore, I will always protect you.”

He resumed his attack on my neck.

I squeezed my eyes shut and gasped. “Johnny…told me earlier that we weren’t m-mates.”

“Bullshit.” Zacky sucked on the certain bit of skin where he was kissing, causing me to fling my head backwards against the silk comforter.

I grabbed the blankets in my fists. “What did he mean, then?”

“Technically, to be my mate--” He removed his lips from my neck.“--you have to be a vampire. But I don’t care about that. You will always be my mate, even if you are a mere, breakable human.”

I grimaced.

I did not want to become an undead vampire. I would, however, like to stay with Zacky for eternity. But why the hell did I have to be dead?

“Well, that’s…doable.”

Zacky sighed, his breath cascading over my jugular. I shivered.

“Let’s not talk about it and get back to what we were doing,” he suggested.

That sounded very nice indeed.

“What exactly were we doing?” I questioned.

“I was about to rip your clothes off and proceed to do unspeakable things to you, if you don’t mind.”

At least he was truthful.

Thank god.

“I don’t mind at all.”

Zacky grabbed my underwear and pulled them off before discarding them on the floor. He wasted no time in ridding himself of his own shirt, but stopped with his hands on the buttons of his jeans.

I made a face. “What’s wrong?”

“What about Matt? Won‘t he be angry?”

“Fuck Matt!” I arched my back with need. “Please, just take me. Do whatever you want to me. I’m yours.”

And he did. After throwing his jeans across the room with a shocking amount of force, he pressed himself against me and slowly began doing what he had intended to do.

Everything felt so perfect…

For a very long time.

Numerous waves of pleasure washed over me in the time when we were joined together, sharing passionate kisses and moaning each other’s names.

Eventually, I was completely exhausted and couldn’t catch my breath. I didn’t want to pull myself away from him, but he wrenched himself from my grasp, kissed my forehead, got dressed, and left the room.

Damn vampires.

/ - / - / - /

I bolted upright in the bed, holding the blankets up to my chest. A cold sweat drenched my entire body and tears were slowly beginning to slip down my cheeks.

Someone was watching me. I could feel it, sense it. The disgusting feeling that was forming in the pit of my stomach had awakened me.

The feeling of dread…

I let out a cry.

“Who’s there?” I demanded, cowering against the pillows behind me.

A footstep sounded on the concrete.

I whimpered.

The steps kept coming closer.

“Stop!” I cried. “Go away! Don’t come any closer.”

But they wouldn’t stop. And now I could see the person that was coming closer. He was a shadow, walking toward me from the window across the room.

An intruder.

A murderer, no doubt.

I pressed my back against the headboard, halting my venture backwards.

“Please stop!”

“Don’t be scared,” the person said. “I’m here because I’m worried about you.”

I knew that voice. It was…familiar.

“What--what do you mean?” I wailed. “Who are you?”

“I’m Draegan.”

And then it hit me. I could see his brunette hair, see his sympathetic face shining the pale moonlight.

I relaxed slightly. “What are you doing here?”

“I had to tell you something!” he yelled. “December and Drakker! They plan on…on…killing you! Or something! I don’t know for sure, I just heard them talking! And, and…Shit, I have to go. Forgive me.”

He disappeared.

My mouth dropped open just as the bedroom door swung open and Zacky and Brian darted inside.

They repeatedly asked me what happened, but I did not know how to answer them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, comment, comment.
A few more comments than last time, please?
Maybe I could get to thirty five?
Anyway, I thought about putting a sex scene in there, but wasn't sure how everyone would like that.
So I didn't.
I totally fluffed a sex scene.
Haha. :]

Love,
Holly.