Status: Finished.

Club Angel's Kiss

Club A.K.

“Amber, you’re home!”

I smiled at Mom, trying my best to act like I felt okay. I was still dizzy and my arm ached from inside its cast, but I was sure I could pass off as perfectly okay.

“Hi, Mom,” I grinned. “I’m home, but not for long.”

Her face fell. “Why? Where are you going?”

“I have a date.” I turned and started up to my room. Mom’s hurried footsteps followed behind me momentarily.

“You have a date. With who?” Excitement dripped from her words.

“A boy named Matt.” My stomach fluttered slightly at his name.

I was so happy to be able to go to Matt’s club and meet his employees. I guess it was the closest to a date I would be getting from this mysterious beauty.

And I was strangely okay with that.

“My baby is going on a date!” Mom nearly screamed.

I stopped with my bedroom door half open. I stared over my shoulder at her. “Mom, calm down. It’s just a date.”

She waved a hand around, grinning from ear to ear. “Don’t be silly. A date is never just a date! Now where is your date going to be? I’m picking your clothes for you, so sit down on your bed and be quiet.”

She pushed me into the room and forced me to sit on the mattress. I watched in horror as she went to my closet and started rifling through my things.

“Honey, did you hear me?” Mom turned toward me after I didn’t answer her immediately.

“Oh! Sorry. My date is at Club Angel’s Kiss,” I replied.

“Hmm. Strange place for a date. What do you wear at a club?”

I stood from my bed and took Mom’s hand. I led her away from my closet. “Mom,” I whispered. “I can pick out my own clothes. Trust me.”

“Okay, fine. But I want to see you before you leave. Got it?”

“Got it, Mom.” I gently pushed her out into the hallway. “Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

My date preparation thus began. I took a long shower, taking my time, struggling with my clunky cast. It took a good hour and a half to get the smell of the hospital off of my skin and out of my hair. And even then I still felt the need to wash my face three more times after I blow dried my hair.

After I felt clean and my hair was completely dry, I attacked my closet.

I had to look great—haha, like that was possible—for this date. There would probably be many other girls looking ten times hotter than me, and I wanted to be able to keep Matt’s attention while around these girls.

It was different when we were alone together, but I felt nervous about being surrounded by others.

I didn’t even know why I felt nervous though. Everything would probably end up going fine anyway. I was just paranoid.

I finally found a pair of skinny jeans and a super tight white t-shirt that read “Metal Mulisha.” I don’t know how on earth I got my cast through the arm hole, but I did, and I am proud to say that I didn’t even break anything! Well, anything else.

After putting eyeliner on, I ran downstairs to find Mom.

“Mom! Mom, I’m read—“

I stopped in the kitchen doorway in shock. My mother was sitting at the kitchen table, Adam was leaning against the French doors to the left of her, and Matt sat in front of her, smiling brightly.

“Matt? What are you doing here?”

All eyes turned to me, some happier than others. My mother was practically melting in her seat and when she looked at me, she was grinning and her eyes dancing. Matt, whom had obviously been casting his beautiful, powerful eyes on Mom, turned to me and smirked. Adam, still unmoving, looked mad, furious.

I ignored Adam’s bad mood and smiled back at both of the people I loved.

“Amber, you look wonderful!” Mom complimented.

I laughed. “Of course I do.”

Matt rose from his chair and motioned for me to sit, but I declined. I trotted over to him.

“What are you doing here?” I repeated.

He grinned. “I came to pick you up, cutie.”

I felt my cheeks grow hot at my newly acquired pet name. Mom squealed loudly.

“You two are so cute!” she cried.

Matt wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me against his cold, muscular body. I leaned onto him.

“I’m going upstairs.”

I glanced at Adam as he pushed away from the French doors and cantered out of the room. I frowned.

“Is Adam okay?” I asked.

Mom shrugged. “He’s just mad his little sister is growing up.”

I sighed and looked back at the doorway again. I felt kind of bad knowing that I was the reason he was so torn up and mad. I wanted to chase after him, to ask him what was really wrong, but I was pulled from my actions by Matt kissing my head.

“I would be upset to lose you, too,” he whispered against my hair.

My blush was back, and Mom was squealing again. She circled around in the table to stand in front of us.

“You two are so adorable!” She took me in a hug, then Matt.

I watched on in horror.

“Mom, please!” I whined.

She backed off a little, but it didn’t ease my flaming cheeks. I ran a hand over my forehead and through my hair, fighting my embarrassment. It only made Matt pull me closer against him.

“Hey, Mrs. Harless.”

I looked up at Matt in surprise. Apparently they were much closer than I thought.

“Yes, dear?” Mom replied.

I was genuinely pleased with how they were communicating with each other. Mom wasn’t one to form bonds with people quickly, but she apparently loved Matt.

“What time is it?”

Mom glanced at the clock on the back kitchen wall. She grinned meaningfully. “It’s 7:30. Shouldn’t you two be off, heading to the club? It’s always perfect to be early!”

I knew her philosophy. The sooner I left for the date, the sooner I would be home, telling her exactly what happened. I rolled my eyes.

Matt shifted slightly from beside me and I could almost sense his amazing grin reverberating throughout the room.

Mom did too because she patted his muscled arm and said, “Have fun. Don’t be too rough with her! And I want her home by—Ah, just keep her out as long as you want!” She was much too thrilled to set rules for tonight.

Though I almost silently wished she had.

Matt nodded and briskly began toward the kitchen doorway. I walked quickly to keep up.

“Bye, Mom!” I called as Matt held open the front door for me.

“Bye, Amber! Love you!”

“Love you, too!”

In the driveway, an unfamiliar black Chrysler 300C sat behind Adam’s Mustang. I immediately guessed that was Matt’s vehicle of choice.

Little did I know, as I slid into the passenger seat, that I was almost physically signing my life away…

In a sense.

/-/-/-/

The club was teeming with people. The strobe lights flashed around the room, reflecting off the mirrors that surrounded the one side, hitting the ceiling at odd angles, flashing on all the dancers on the sleek floor. The bar’s lights were lit up and there were two or three dark figures moving around behind it, handing out ordered drinks and such.

Music pounded from the DJ set as Matt and I sauntered inside. His arm was around my waist and I was leaning into him comfortably.

I felt out of place in such an environment. It was like the dull things I was used to. And I definitely wasn’t used to being around so many other people. Even with Matt pressed against me like my own personal body guard, I still looked around with a sudden feeling of nausea swirled in me. I latched my only good hand onto Matt’s forearm.

He looked down at me. “Are you still feeling well?” he asked.

I shrugged. “I’m not sure. I’m kind of…nervous about being here. I’ve never been to a club before.”

Matt laughed heartily. “It’s okay. I’m right here. Besides, this is not just any club. This is my club. Nothing gets by me.” As an after thought, he added, “Nothing will hurt you while I’m here.”

I smiled, but I wasn’t sure it seemed convincing. It was good enough for him; he held me closer against his hard body and started lugging me along gracefully to the bar.

Seeing him coming, the four figures turned their complete attention to him. One of them, a girl with shoulder length black hair and a joyous smile, waved enthusiastically in our direction. Matt gave a single wave back.

“Matt!” she called.

We stopped when we were directly in front of the bar. The girl I had been looking at was joined by another girl who had pixie-like brown hair. Both were eyeing me up and down like I was an alien.

“Hey, girls,” Matt greeted in amusement. “I would like you to meet my date for tonight. This is Amber.”

Both girls stared, not saying a word to me.

“Amber, this is Chalice and Rave.” He gestured to each girl as he said their names. The brunette was Chalice, the black haired girl was Rave.

“Hi,” I whispered, not sure of what else to say.

Chalice nodded. “Hey.” Her tone was indifferent.

“Hi, Amber! It’s nice to meet you!” Rave was a little more open to my presence, and I silently thanked her for that.

Matt grinned and moved his arm in the direction of the stage. “Now come, my queen.”

At the last word, I saw Rave’s mouth drop open and Chalice grab hold of the counter, her body frozen in an awkward position that couldn’t have been comfortable. I glanced at them over my shoulder curiously as we exited to the other side of the room.

I met a few other people, all of them rather interesting, and all acted around the same when Matt referred to me as his queen repeatedly. I didn’t question, because I didn’t know exactly what to ask, but eventually, Matt and me began mingling with the dancing crowd.

I might now have ever been to a club, but I had been to parties and dancing was not a foreign thing to me. I blended right in with all the much prettier, sexier girls grinding on the floor, even if I did have one handicapped arm and a clunky cast to deal with.

Matt didn’t join me; he instead leaned against the bar, talking to Chalice, but his eyes never left me. He watched my every move. I could feel his intense stare on my back as I danced and laughed with one particularly friendly girl.

I don’t know how long I was out there, but before I knew it, I was terribly tired. Exhausted, even, and I was sweating just a bit. The air was stuffy and hot; I needed something to drink.

As I quietly began to excuse myself from my newfound friend, I felt a pair of eyes on me that I didn’t recognize. They weren’t Matt’s.

My gaze swept the place, trying to find the exact spot of this strange stare.

That was when I saw him.

He was standing at an empty spot beside the stage, next to a door that read “Staff Only.” He leaned against the wall, a cigarette in his hand. He wore a simple t-shirt and jeans. His hair was black and tousled slightly; he had tattoos and his septum was pierced, I could see, even from this far.

When I looked at him, he had been staring at me as well. Our eyes locked and I felt an interest crawl up from my stomach. I took a step forward, wanting to go near, to see if he was real.

He wasn’t the most attractive in the whole club, but I found myself captivated, addicted to his look. He was smirking by now and I found it quite beautiful.

Beautiful…

My thoughts were whizzing through many scenarios that would play out after I greeted him—all ended with us tangled naked in each other’s arms—when I was gently turned around by strong hands on my shoulders.

Matt stood behind me. He was grinning, but it didn’t reach his eyes. His eyes…They were usually shining, but now they were dark and glaring into mine like I had done something wrong.

“What?” I whispered, dazed.

His grin faded slightly, only to be replaced by a seductive smirk. “Do you want to go home tonight?” he asked.

I scrunched up my nose. “What do you mean?” I was eager to turn back around to see if that guy was still there.

“Do you want to go home tonight?” he repeated. “Or would you like to stay with me? Just for tonight? I’m sure your mother won’t mind.”

I still hadn’t answered when he bent and pressed his lips to mine. Subconsciously I put my hand on his shoulders and stood on my tiptoes, kissing him back.

This was the first time we kissed. It should have been a special event in my life, in our relationship, but I couldn’t shake a strange feeling that resided in my pounding heart and there was a voice…a voice in my head that I didn’t recognize.

Don’t do it. the voice whispered. Don’t…

I pushed it to the back of my mind as Matt pulled away and nodded toward the back of the club. “Let’s go upstairs,” he said. I knew exactly why he wanted to go upstairs the second he said it.

And I wasn’t even about to argue.

But, as we turned in the direction of the “Staff Only” door, I saw the space where the guy had been standing was empty…

And as we went up two flights of stairs and got to a rather beautiful living area with another flight of stairs and several doors placed about, the voice kept telling me to not do it. As we stepped into a bedroom fit for royalty, I ignored its warnings. And as Matt pushed me down on the bed, the voice got louder and louder…

I didn’t abide its wise warning.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I understand this might be kind of...confusing, in a way.
But I promise, in the next chapter, all secrets will be revealed!
And the first Zacky sighting.
Trust me, in the chapters following, there will be so much more of the sexy boy.
Oh, and I dedicate this chapter to all the wonderful people who have commented and said that they loved my story! Love you all!

Love,
Holly.