Trapped in This Story Called Life

Meeting the Gang

"Julia, will you please behave yourself this year? You're sixteen, I don't want another letter from your potions teacher stating that it was your potion that blew up half the classroom." My mom warned me.

But that wasn't my fault, it was those bloody Marauders. I still can't believe I got in trouble for that.

"Yes mom, I'll behave." I said.

She kissed me on the cheek. I waved goodbye and hopped on the train. I smiled to people I knew while looking for my three best friends. I peaked into one compartment and wish I hadn't.In the compartment were four people that bothered me and my best friends. I should be more specific. In the compartment were four male Slytherins that harassed me and my best friends. Lucius Malfoy, Severus Snape, Rodolphus Lastrange, and Walden McNair.

As I took a step passed the compartment, Snape lifted his head and looked at me. Luck just wasn't on my side. Snape said something and they all looked at me. I hurried passed the compartment hoping to find my friends soon. I was two compartments down when I felt a hand on my wrist. Turning me around, it was connected to Lucius Malfoy. The other three were standing behind him. Lucius had his usual smirk on his face. I can't stand him. I tried to pull my wrist out of his hand, but his grip only tightened. I kept myself from wincing.

"You didn't think we'd let you pass without saying hi?" Lucius asked.

"Hi." I said and tried to pulled my wrist out of his grip.

He made a tut tut tut noise and pulled me closer to him. I looked around for someone to help me. Over Lucius' shoulder, I saw one of the Marauders, a group of four Gryffindor pranksters, standing outside the Slytherins' compartment. His name was Sirius Black. A tall, handsome male with long black hair and light grey eyes. He saw me look at him and signalled me to stall them.

"No, it's going to cost a little more than that." Lucius said.

"What do you want Malfoy?" I asked, though I knew the answer.

My eyes kept flashing to Sirius. He looked into the compartment then mouthed "almost".

"You know exactly what I want." He said as he leaned closer.

My eyes flashed to Sirius who gave me a thumbs up and he and the other three Marauders hurried down the compartments. "Uh... Malfoy-"

"How many times must I tell you to call me Lucius?" He interrupted.

"Well Lucius," I said sarcastically, "your compartment is smoking."

"What?"

The four Slytherins turned around and saw smoke coming out of their compartment. The smell in the air determined that is was a dung bomb that went off. While Lucius' hold on me loosened, I pulled my arm out and hurried down the train. I had nearly reached the end when I caught a flash of red and looked into the compartment. I opened the door to greet my three best friends, Lily Evans, Camilla Jordan and Kristy Drew.

Lily Evans had long, mid back, straight, fiery red hair, with gorgeous emerald green eyes. Lily was the brainiac of the group. She was extremely smart, getting high marks in everything. If the exams were cancelled, she'd be the only one, besides the Ravenclaws, that would be upset.

Camilla Jordan had sleek, dirty blond hair that came a couple inches passed shoulder length, with brilliant ocean blue eyes. Camilla was fashion crazy, always knew the latest gossip and was dying to dish it out. She always seemed to have a boy or two following her around.

Kristy Drew had long and thick, waist length, black hair with beautiful copper brown eyes. Kristy was the most disorganized of the group. She was always losing something or getting something caught in something, but she was very funny, the joker, always trying to cheer people up.

You know what I just realized? I never introduced myself, how weird of me. Anyway, my name is Julia Taylor. I have shoulder length, dark brown hair and voluptuous amethyst violet eyes if I do say so myself. I'm the unclaimed leader of the group, I guess. I love sports, both muggle and wizarding. I'm moderately smart, if that makes sense. I'm practically into everything. Also, my friends tell me I have a really dirty mind sometimes, but that's what I get for hanging around Sirius so much.

"There you are." Lily said, her green eyes flashing with relief. "We were worried."

"Sorry Pyro." I sat down beside the fiery redhead.

"And people say I'm late." Kristy said.

"Hey, I'm not the one who almost missed the train, Klutz." I said using the nickname we came up with. She flushed.

"Why do you call me Pyro again?" Lily asked.

"Because of your short temper around a certain hazel eyed boy." I replied, smiling.

"I can't help it," Lily whined, "that boy is infuriating."

"Speaking of a certain hazel eyed boy, I heard he's become one of the Hogwarts' top hotties since he became quidditch captain this summer." Camilla commented from behind her Witch Weekly magazine.

"He made quidditch captain?" I groaned. "I'll never get a moments peace. He'll be wanting to go over strategies." I groaned again.

Just then, the door opened, revealing the four Marauders. James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.

James Potter was a tall, also handsome male with messy, unkempt, jet-black hair and hazel eyes. Peter Petigrew was a short, lump of a boy, with short blond hair and blue eyes. Remus Lupin was a medium sized male with chin length, light brown hair and warm chocolate brown eyes.

"Speak of the devil." I muttered to Lily, but my eyes lingered on Remus.

"We came to thank you for stalling..." His eyes flashed to Lily, "uh... you know who." James said as they all piled into the compartment.

Lily gave James a hard look, and James gave Lily a look of pure longing. "Don't look at me like that." Lily said, glaring at him.

"Like what?" James asked. He pulled me out of my seat beside Lily, sat down and pulled me into his lap.

"Like how you were." Lily said, her temper rising.

"Uh oh... here comes Pyro." I whispered to Kristy and Camilla.

"I wasn't looking at you in any way." James said.

"You were too."

"Was not."

"Were too!"

"Was not!"

"Were too!"

"Was not!"

"Would you two please just go bloody fuck each other so that the six of us can have some peace and quiet?" I asked.

Sirius bust out laughing, while Camilla snorted and Peter, Remus and Kristy at me, shocked. Poor Lily looked like I betrayed her and James looked like Christmas had come early.

"You know she's right? Do you know that one time you guys fought last year because James put his quill too close to where you were working? Now if you ask me... I detect a hint of sexual tension." Sirius said.

Lily huffed and crossed her arms. Camilla bursted out laughing.

"What's wrong with you? It wasn't that funny." Kristy asked.

"I just realized how perverted Sirius' shirt is." Camilla replied.

I looked at Sirius' shirt. It was black with big, white writing that said Put Something Between Your Legs on the front.

"Please tell me there's more." I asked.

He turned around and on the back, in small writing, it said buy a broom. I rolled my eyes. The lady with the trolley cart came and smiled at James and Sirius, after all, they were her number one customers. James and Sirius bought one of everything, while the rest of us bought one of something.

"Guess what? I made-" James started.

"We know." I said along with Lily, Kristy and Camilla.

"But how-" James started again.

"Camilla." Kristy, Lily and I said.

"So I guess you already know I want to keep the best chaser, right Julia?" James asked me.

"James, flattery will get you no where."

I looked around the compartment. Kristy and Lily were talking. Camilla was still reading her magazine. Peter was watching as Sirius played with his wand... no not like that, and Remus was reading a book. Typical.

"James, I'm bored." I whined.

James had always been a brother to me. I could've told him anything and vice versa and not worry about him telling other people.

"Same." he replied, smirking.

"He's always reading." The comment was more to myself.

"Who Remus?" James asked. "Pretty much, when he's not pranking with us, he's reading."

I sighed and pulled the book out of Remus' hands. Remus looked up shocked.

"Hey, I was reading that." Remus said as he tried to snatch the book back, but I kept the book out of his reach.

"Keyword in that sentence is was reading." I started to flip through it. "So what's this one about?"

"It's about this man who decides to go and interview a bunch of criminals to see how the inside of a madman's head work."

"Really?" I started to read.

"And now, he is starting to exhibit the very signs that those criminals described to him." Remus explained, leaning forward.

"And let me guess, he's now afraid that he's becoming the very people he's studied."

"Exactly!"

We stared at each other for a little bit, then realizing what we were doing, we both looked away. James gave me a knowing smirk. "Admit it, you missed him over the summer." He whispered.

I glared lightly at him and punched him in the arm. Yeah, I missed him a bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry, I promise the endings of chapters will get better.